Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Horror Stars & Directors

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th April 2014, 11:32 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Brinke Stevens

Having collected a vast majority of horror, i have recently turned to the lower end of horror. I have begun to collect Brinke Stevens titles since i found her very appealing. I must admit though that even though she does a good job in her roles that i cannot really get any as good as Slumber Party Massacre and Nightmare Sisters. It is really cool that Shout Factory chose to include her for Psycho 3 having been the body double for the nudity.

Felt she deserved some kind of nod here - i love me some Brinke!
Old 27th April 2014, 01:50 AM
Cult Rookie

Now that i can link pics.... here!

AND at least at age 50 she was still doing nudity in films looking like this:

Old 27th April 2014, 01:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Brinke Stevens is one of my favourite actresses.

She's sexy as hell, funny and quite intelligent according to what I've read on wikipedia.

I love Teenage Exorcist and especially the commentary she has done for it togehter with Jay Richardson (another great actor). If you haven't see it yet, check it out, because it's very entertaining.
herbsmall likes this.
Old 27th April 2014, 04:19 PM
Cult Rookie

Yeah i actually do have Teenage Exorcist and it is quite good, also Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama... and Witchboard 3 - so, that is 5 good movies with her, but i do have some not so great: Demon Sex, Demon Lust, Delta Delta Die, and (UGH!) Hell Asylum which was a real stink bomb.

I have Slave Girls from Beyond Infinity on the way
herbsmall likes this.
Old 27th April 2014, 04:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

She's great and maybe just too 'horny' on screen for mainstream Hollywood, couple that with being smart and it's the old 'too much to handle' tag that labels loads of genre actresses, just imagine how cool it would be for her to be a villain in a big Die Hard style action flick, she could pull it off with ease but that is down to the casting people.
herbsmall likes this.
Old 28th April 2014, 10:14 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Haunting Fear

Brinke's best performance was probably in Haunting Fear, but it was only on DVD for about 5 minutes. Plus the DVD looked like it was duped from a poor quality VHS recorded in SLP mode and the movie was edited.

I also recommend Grandmother's House. Brinke has a mostly silent performance and she is very eerie and unnerving in it. Be forewarned. Grandmother's House is very divorced from her normal, sexy image.

Brinke wrote and directed a segment of Terror Toons 3, which hasn't been released yet.
Old 29th April 2014, 09:19 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbsmall View Post
Brinke's best performance was probably in Haunting Fear, but it was only on DVD for about 5 minutes. Plus the DVD looked like it was duped from a poor quality VHS recorded in SLP mode and the movie was edited.

I also recommend Grandmother's House. Brinke has a mostly silent performance and she is very eerie and unnerving in it. Be forewarned. Grandmother's House is very divorced from her normal, sexy image.

Brinke wrote and directed a segment of Terror Toons 3, which hasn't been released yet.
Yeah, i have wanted Haunting Fear, but as you say - it seems near impossible. Found a site that seems to offer it DVD-R for like $12.99, a bit more than i am usually willing to pay for a burned DVD-R but...
herbsmall likes this.
Old 30th April 2014, 07:50 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xombi87 View Post
Yeah, i have wanted Haunting Fear, but as you say - it seems near impossible. Found a site that seems to offer it DVD-R for like $12.99, a bit more than i am usually willing to pay for a burned DVD-R but...
Depending on what it is sourced from, the DVD-R is probably as good or better than the DVD that was released, and, since it is so rare, the ones I've seen on ebay are very pricey. When Haunting Fear was on VHS, there were two versions, one in SP and one in SLP. Obviously, the quality of the SP version was much better.

HF was a staple on the Movie Channel and Cinemax back in the day. I know that it was popular amongst those of us who were in college at the time, so I'm surprised that it never got a better DVD release.
Old 30th April 2014, 04:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The German DVD costs you 6 euros and the quality is ok AFAIK.

http://www.ofdb.de/view.php?page=fas...309&vid=138485

I have the old british VHS and when it arrived the case was covered in vomit, lol (and yes I'm serious).
herbsmall likes this.
Old 1st May 2014, 02:45 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
The German DVD costs you 6 euros and the quality is ok AFAIK.

I have the old british VHS and when it arrived the case was covered in vomit, lol (and yes I'm serious).
Yikes!

That was one good thing about living in the U.S. back in the VHS days was that I bought most of Brinke's movies directly from her. While most of the scream queens price-gouged, Brinke's stuff was usually cheaper if you bought it directly from her. (Plus, as I see now, that kept me from getting some covered in vomit.)

I wish she still had a fan club. Actually, I think the only way to get Victoria's Shadow was through her fan club.

Like this? Share it using the links below!