Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Horror Stars & Directors (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=544)
-   -   Robert Ginty (The Exterminator) R.I.P (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/horror-stars-directors/1695-robert-ginty-exterminator-r-i-p.html)

Pete 22nd September 2009 10:57 AM

Robert Ginty (The Exterminator) R.I.P

1 Attachment(s)
Sad news. Robert Ginty star of that all time exploitation classic The Exterminator has died of cancer aged just 60

R.I.P Robert

Attachment 2834

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd September 2009 08:08 PM

God,that is sad news indeed.
He'll always be remembered for his part in THE EXTERMINATOR 1&2.
The only other film I ever saw him in was The Alchemist.
RIP Robert.A true exploitation hero.:rip::pray:

Peter Neal 22nd September 2009 08:23 PM

Indeed...And to think it's been only a few weeks since I last watched "The Exterminator"....

vincenzo 22nd September 2009 10:14 PM

I remember him from The Paper Chase on TV in the 70's. He was also in the brilliant Coming Home and popped up briefly as a popcorn vendor in Two Minute Warning.

Splatterdragon73 23rd September 2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 42345)
God,that is sad news indeed.
He'll always be remembered for his part in THE EXTERMINATOR 1&2.
The only other film I ever saw him in was The Alchemist.
RIP Robert.A true exploitation hero.:rip::pray:

I second that.

I also caught Ginty in White Fire, Gold Raiders, The Act and he also played the lead in the great Italian post-apocalypse actioner Warrior Of The Lost World, riding his 'Supersonic Speedcycle'!

A sad loss indeed.

DeadAlive 23rd September 2009 12:30 PM

Sad news indeed.

Splatterdragon73 23rd September 2009 02:33 PM

Although Ginty didn't look a particularly tough guy he gave a suitably ruthless performance in The Exterminator. Especially when he lowers the mobster into the industrial mincing machine and also burns the 'Chicken House' pervert alive after chaining him to a bed. Ginty seemed like the kind of actor more suited to nice guy roles instead of action parts but as 'Nam vet vigilante John Eastland the late actor fitted the bill and was fine imo.:happy:

It's high time we had decent sp. ed.'s of both Exterminator efforts as both movies deserve it.
More so the sequel!

"If you're lying....i'll be back."

vincenzo 23rd September 2009 02:53 PM

I remember thinking at the time how on earth the rather bland law student from The Paper Chase (who looked worryingly like Keith Chegwin) could play a vigilante killer. However he did it and he did it well.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd September 2009 05:13 PM

His performance in The Exterminator was more calm.cold and calculating,rather than your usual stereotyped tough guy.:clap: