Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Horror Stars & Directors

Like Tree246Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:47 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man View Post
The Thing looks absolutely stunning on Blu Ray!
As does HALLOWEEN and THE FOG.

The Fog is a classic.

I love The Fog but I'd read that the Blu-Ray transfer is dog-sh*t. Is this a case of numptys getting on the amazon review pages with little or no understanding?
Old 3rd July 2010, 05:21 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Best looking I've seen it.
I don't know what some people expect from Blu Ray...for characters to come out ot the screen and boot them in the nuts?

Best looking FOG I've seen,especially the daytime coastal and lighthouse scenes...

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 4th July 2010, 04:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Thanks for the info! The Fog on BR is now a must have!

It's a shame that it's another Optimum release with bugger all in the way of extras.
Old 8th July 2010, 10:04 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I like Assualt on Precint 13 and the very similar themed Ghosts of Mars. I love films with a survive against the odds theme.
The Fog's a great film , a genuine horror classic.
Old 8th July 2010, 10:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

So do I. It's one of the reasons why I'm such a zombie movie fan. I do like siege stories; putting disparate people together, in a crisis, and see how it pans out. Night, Dawn and Day excel at that. JC's movies too. Prince of Darkness was cool like that - the whole maths vs religion aspect was surprisingly creepy. Both PoD and GoM get ridiculed but I like both very much. The Fog is one of my all time favourite movies.

A quick geek question; Are there any recordings available of the Coup deVille's music that Stevie plays in the radio station? I have a dodgy "complete" Fog OST and an actual Coup deVille album (MP3). The latter is JC and company's attempt at a pop rock album. It's no better or worse than anything Harold Faltermeyer came up with. I know The Fog stuff from them is a little odd but it's the sort of music you play to see if anyone recognises it.
Old 8th July 2010, 05:34 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

just finished watching STARMAN, it's been a while since i'd seen it and i thoroughly enjoyed it. Its like Carpenter's E.T and Close Encounters rolled into one, a beautiful film.
Old 8th July 2010, 05:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

It's far better than E.T. I feel. That Spielberg movie is just a little too emotionally manipulative for me. JC's Starman doesn't ram that stuff at you, it's just there for you to feel or gloss over. Spielberg hits you with emotion like a Jack Hammer, mainly thanks to a incredibly moving score by John Williams.
Old 8th July 2010, 05:42 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i agree with you dude, Williams can make me cry like a little girl, his score for Schindler's list is epic.

but this is a carpenter thread and must stick to carpenter related stuff so Jack Nitzsche score for Starman is phenomenal.
Old 8th July 2010, 05:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Nitzsche's score is brilliant in Starman. He gives it an otherwordly atmosphere yet can move us with the theme that accompanies the resurrection of the Deer. Very touching. I'm a big girl's blouse when it comes to score to scenes.
Old 8th July 2010, 11:19 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

gonna watch either The FOG or Ghosts Of Mars Tonight, but which one to chose, on one hand i like the atmospherics of The Fog and the fact that Tom Atkins is in it but on the other hand i like Pam Grier's Head on a pike and Natasha Hendstrige's boobies, they only one way to find out......FIGHT!!!!!!!!

Like this? Share it using the links below!