Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Horror Stars & Directors

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th June 2010, 10:40 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

I met him on a couple of occassions and he always had time to talk to you and was polite.

Useless Trivia: Warbeck, Scorsese and myself share the same birthday.

....oh, and Danny DeVito
Old 19th June 2010, 11:52 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbv View Post
In The Beyond the way he keeps shooting the zombies everywhere except the head even though he downed a few by shooting them IN THE HEAD drives me mental everytime I watch it!!!
I know the feeling and the S.W.A.T. troopers in Zombie Creeping Flesh do the same thing!

I'd like to see the Warbeck war actioner Tiger Joe on DVD as i've yet to catch this title and enjoyed The Last Hunter.

The former Milk Tray man was also a hoot as expert safecracker and adventurer Rick Spear in Antonio Margheriti's Indiana Jones cash-in The Ark Of The Sun God. Warbeck's referral to co-star John Steiner's character as "you smarmy b******!" remains a laugh!

Haven't seen The Hunters Of The Golden Cobra for waaaay too long too.
Old 25th June 2010, 10:18 AM
Cultist

I'm a newcomer to Mr Warbecks work (and he's become a favourite actor of mine), i'd like to thank the good folks at Shameless for releasing The Black Cat and Ratman (however delightfully sleazy that one is).

1. The Beyond (1981)
2. Ark Of The Sun God (1983)
3. The Last Hunter (1980)
4. The Black Cat (1981)
5. Black Snake (1973)
6. Ratman (1988)
Old 25th June 2010, 12:19 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 4th Fella View Post
Ark Of The Sun God (1983)
Have you seen the other one, Hunters of the Golden Cobra?
Old 25th June 2010, 03:30 PM
Cultist

Sadly, no. I'm having a bit of trouble finding that one.
Old 26th June 2010, 12:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
Have you seen the other one, Hunters of the Golden Cobra?
From what i remember John Steiner's character in this film has more lives than a Cat!

Everytime you're convinced this guy has snuffed it he pops up again! He even puts Jason, Freddy and Michael to shame when it comes to refusal to die!

AOTSG is a total hoot and how about that Matchbox model car chase!?

I'd like to see a Shameless release of Warbeck war effort Tiger Joe. I recall seeing Intervision's pre-VRA VHS tape for rental at a then local branch of Ritz Video (anybody remember this '80s chain of stores?) but i never got the chance to hire the film out.

The Midnight Media booklet David Warbeck:The Man And His Movies is also a good read for fans of the late, much missed actor. He also had a small role as one of Arthur Daley's customers in enjoyable Minder episode 'Second Hand Pose'.
Old 26th June 2010, 01:43 PM
Cultist

Sadly, I believe David Warbeck:The Man And His Movies, is long since out of print. But as with his films, i'll keep searching.
Old 26th June 2010, 01:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Quote:
Sadly, I believe David Warbeck:The Man And His Movies, is long since out of print. But as with his films, i'll keep searching.
Seek and i'm sure ye will find!

Believe me, the above booklet is well worth a read and would've made an ideal addition to The Last Hunter DVD.
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:44 PM
Cultist

I have it. I actually have a copy of David Warbeck:The Man And His Movies. It came in the post this morning.
Old 24th August 2010, 10:28 AM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Quote:
I have it. I actually have a copy of David Warbeck:The Man And His Movies. It came in the post this morning.
Good man and i'm sure you'll enjoy it. I certainly did!

Midnight Media are excellent at putting together these small but superb publications and i think DW:TMAHM must surely rank as one of the best the company issued. I've yet to see a disappointing MM booklet.

I also recommend recent releases such as Giallo Scrapbook 1-2 (a third volume is in the works.), Slash Hits 1-3 and Blazing Magnums. All very entertaining to read.

Like this? Share it using the links below!