Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Horror Stars & Directors (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=544)
-   -   Ian McCulloch (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/horror-stars-directors/3051-ian-mcculloch.html)

Vampix 17th June 2010 03:07 PM

Ian McCulloch

No, not the lead singer of Echo & The Bunnymen but Ian McCulloch of Survivors, Zombie Flesh-Eaters, Zombie Holocaust and Contamination.Seeing as David Warbeck's got a thread to himself (and rightly so), I thought Mr.McCulloch also deserved one as he's one of my fave cult actors.Discuss his movie and TV work here. :)

wayfarer 17th June 2010 05:11 PM

Good call! I thought he was great in Zombie 2. It's those looks of disgust on his face when witnessing the zombie buffet party in the villa, and the classic look he gives when presented with Auretta Gray getting ready for a swim.:lol:

I remember him from the Peter Davison era Doctor Who story; Warriors of the Deep and also the spag horrors Contamination and Zombie Holacaust.

Vampix 18th June 2010 11:24 AM

Ian also appeared in the 70's Tyburn production of The Ghoul along with Peter Cushing, John Hurt, Veronica Carlson (:tongue1:) and Don Henderson.I remember him meeting a rather bloody demise in that one.

pedromonkey 18th June 2010 04:47 PM

he was brilliant as Greg Preston in the Original Survivors Show.

Splatterdragon73 19th June 2010 11:38 AM

The last time i saw McCulloch onscreen was in an episode of short lived '90s serial The Adventures Of Para Handy with Gregor Fisher.

The former zombie battler was also in the 'Witching Time' segment of The Hammer House Of Horror.:)

Splatterdragon73 19th June 2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 86899)
It's those looks of disgust on his face when witnessing the zombie buffet party in the villa.

A priceless expression to be sure and McCulloch is also responsible for my fave line from ZFE, "Out there! They're coming back to life!! They're everywhere!!!".:)

Vampix 20th June 2010 12:54 AM

Anyone remember Ian when he used to appear in the Scottish soap Take the High Road? I remember seeing him in it years back when it used to be shown on ITV in the afternoon and thinking, that's the bloke from Zombie Flesh-Eaters. :cool:

Peter Neal 21st June 2010 04:52 PM

A bit of useless info, but I guess Ian McCulloch would be pleased to know that he was actually dubbed by "the Voice of Sean Connery" (!) for the German language release of "Zombie Holocaust" (which got banned during the 80's "violent videos" hysteria over there- and still is!).:cool:

Scyther 15th December 2011 12:14 AM

Met Mr. McCullogh at the annual Rock and Shock festival here in my neck of the woods. Total gentleman with a wicked sense of humor, particularly when I asked him about Contamination! :)

keirarts 15th December 2011 08:36 AM

check out the commentary and bonus features on blue undergrounds zombie!