Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Horror Stars & Directors
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: what is your favourite QT film? written or directed?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
what is your favourite QT film? written or directed?

Like Tree227Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th August 2019, 01:37 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Tarantino later became more accepting of the Natural Born Killers film. The turning point was when he met Johnny Cash in an elevator and Cash told him how much he loved that movie. I recall reading about that in an online Tarantino interview, after I'd done a search for information on NBK (to try to find out just how much of the shooting script could be attributed to him).
Old 10th November 2019, 06:45 PM
Cult Master

There's a new documentary about Quentin Tarantino being released on December 16th

Entitled 'QT8: The First Eight', it is available for pre-order at Amazon UK on DVD - £10.00 and Blu-Ray - £14.99

"There will always be blood, brilliance and controversy. This is the legendary story of the legendary Quentin Tarantino. This is the thrilling journey of Quentin Tarantino's first eight movies, and gives its audience an inside look at the celebrated filmmaker's body of work through interviews with former cast members and film industry experts. His films inspire, provoke and challenge us individually and as a society to the utmost extremes, all stemming from his passion for people and continuous exploration of the human condition. Featuring interviews with his contemporaries, former cast members and industry experts, including Samuel L. Jackson, Jamie Foxx, Kurt Russell, Christoph Waltz, Jennifer Jason Lee, Lucy Liu, Diane Kruger, Zoe Bell and more. QT8: The First Eight, sheds new light on the life and legacy of Quentin Tarantino, and gives viewers unprecedented access to his vision throughout his career."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 10th November 2019, 09:51 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
There's a new documentary about Quentin Tarantino being released on December 16th
Considering Tarantino has said his intention is to make 10 movies and then call it a career, it would make more sense to wait until he is 'retired' and then make a thorough retrospective.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 15th January 2020, 07:59 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Was anyone else underwhelmed by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 15th January 2020, 08:02 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Poll edited/updated.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th January 2020, 07:31 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Was anyone else underwhelmed by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood?

Me. It looks amazing and has moments of brilliance but it could have been 40-60 mins shorter and SPOILER! the ending is quite disrespectful.

I’ll watch it again - I warmed to Death Proof second viewing but I’ve been meaning to do it with The Hateful 8 (which I also thought was too long) - sometimes when the initial disappointment is out of the way you have a better time.
Old 16th January 2020, 12:21 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah the ending is what pissed me off.....I was expecting to see what happened with those terrible murders,not some happy ever after dream.
Oh well,I’ll buy the haunting of Sharon Tate instead......

The Pitt/Bruce Lee scene was just genius though.

Old 16th January 2020, 12:41 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Pitt is genuinely excellent throughout - DiCaprio is good and has one amazing scene where he’s talking to the kid. Pacino is wasted - proper terrible scene in which he overacts and Margot Robbie spends WAY too much time at that cinema. If you’d cut those scenes to a bear minimum and removed Pacino’s altogether (his scene is superfluous as it signposts what we already assume) it would be a better film. The ending is also problematic, as I mentioned, and it’s just too sappy, OTT AND, ultimately, quite disrespectful.
Old 16th January 2020, 02:08 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook View Post
Pitt is genuinely excellent throughout - DiCaprio is good and has one amazing scene where he’s talking to the kid. Pacino is wasted - proper terrible scene in which he overacts and Margot Robbie spends WAY too much time at that cinema. If you’d cut those scenes to a bear minimum and removed Pacino’s altogether (his scene is superfluous as it signposts what we already assume) it would be a better film. The ending is also problematic, as I mentioned, and it’s just too sappy, OTT AND, ultimately, quite disrespectful.
You mention Margot Robbie. I highly recommend the brilliant I' Tonya. She's terrific in a very black comedy.

I intended to buy the Tarantino film today until i read what you and Reaper had to say about it this morning.

Picked up Dragged Across Concrete instead.
Old 16th January 2020, 02:31 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Watch it on NF first mate.
QT also went OTT with the toe fetish in OUATIH.
I think he may also have a hairy armpit fetish as well!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UUVOO_2o9Nw
Paul@TheOverlook likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!