Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Horror Stars & Directors

Poll: what is your favourite QT film? written or directed?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
what is your favourite QT film? written or directed?

Like Tree225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th June 2011, 02:56 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

QT has commentaries on True Romance, From Dusk Till Dawn and King Boxer (Dragon Dynasty) too.
Old 5th June 2011, 03:08 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
[By the way, How long until you will be posting those DVDs?]
Sent you a PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
QT has commentaries on True Romance, From Dusk Till Dawn and King Boxer (Dragon Dynasty) too.
Ah yeah, I was mainly thinking about commentaries for films he had no involvement in the production of as I already have them. I'll have to check out King Boxer (Dragon Dynasty) though, thanks for the heads up!
Old 7th June 2011, 10:42 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Ah yeah, I was mainly thinking about commentaries for films he had no involvement in the production of as I already have them.
I just read that he did audio commentary on Switchblade Sisters.
Not sure if it's true but just read that online!
He also does audio commentary on Hostel II, Although he kind of did have something to do with the production of that.
Old 8th June 2011, 12:18 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I already posted this in the 'What films have you purchased recently...' thread but since it's some nice Tarantino stuff, Thought i'd share it here too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
Purchased a bit of (hard to find) Tarantino stuff over the last 48 hours...

Uncut Japanese Releases of Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2.

Kill Bill Vol 1 Promo Poster from Japan

and Inglorious Bastards Japanese Promo Poster

Old 26th October 2012, 05:03 PM
Cult Master

Tarantino XX Collection in November | News | Film @ The Digital Fix

"Lionsgate have announced the UK Blu-ray release of Tarantino XX on 26 November 2012. This release contains eight films chosen by Tarantino himself to illustrate the first 20 years of his career, featuring the films that helped define his early success, including Reservoir Dogs, True Romance, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill Vol. 1, Kill Bill Vol. 2, Death Proof and Inglourious Basterds. Also part of the 10-disc set are two discs with five hours of all-new bonus material, highlighted by a critics’ retrospective on Tarantino’s groundbreaking catalogue of films and “20 Years of Filmmaking” that contains interviews with critics, stars and other masters of cinema.

A full breakdown of bonus features on each disc follows, but in short you get all of the content found on existing releases plus the two new bonus discs in one set...

BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES – 2 Discs

Critics Corner: The Films of Quentin Tarantino – In-depth critics’ discussion piece exploring Tarantino’s films that redefined cinema and the impact of one of the most influential writers/directors of our time.
20 Years of Filmmaking – Take a look at Tarantino’s career from the beginning, with interviews from co-workers, critics, stars and master filmmakers alike as well as a tribute to his greatest collaborator, Sally Menke.

RESERVOIR DOGS
Quentin Tarantino's directorial debut, nominated for the Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival (1992) and awarded the International Critics Award at the Toronto International Film Festival (1992), is raw, violent and unforgettable. Four perfect strangers are assembled to pull off the perfect crime, but when a botched robbery reveals a police informant among them, their simple robbery explodes into a bloody ambush.

Blu-ray Special Features:

Commentary With Quentin Tarantino, Producer Lawrence Bender and Selected Cast and Crew
Pulp Factoid Viewer
The Critics' Commentaries
Playing It Fast And Loose
Profiling The Reservoir Dogs
Tipping Guide
Deleted Scenes
The Class Of '92: Sundance Interviews
Tarantino's Sundance Institute Film-Makers Lab
An Introduction To Film Noir: Writers And Film-Makers Feature
Dedications - Tarantino On His Influences
Securing The Shot: Location Scouting With Billy Fox Feature
Original Interviews With Tarantino And Cast
Reservoir Dolls
K-Billy Super Sounds Of The 70's
Reservoir Dogs Style Guide

TRUE ROMANCE - DIRECTOR’S CUT
Runaway lovers Clarence and Alabama (Christian Slater and Patricia Arquette) play a dangerous game with a stolen suitcase containing $5 million worth of cocaine. They head for Los Angeles, where they'll sell the goods and begin a new life, but both sides of the law have other ideas. This dark comic web of crime, murder and mayhem from writer Quentin Tarantino and director Tony Scott (Top Gun, Man on Fire), features an ensemble cast including Dennis Hopper, Val Kilmer, Gary Oldman, Brad Pitt, James Gandolfini and Christopher Walken.

Blu-ray Special Features

Audio commentary by Christian Slater and Patricia Arquette
Audio commentary by Tony Scott
Audio commentary by Quentin Tarantino
Scene selective commentaries by Val Kilmer, Dennis Hopper, Brad Pitt and Michael Rapaport
Deleted/Extended Scenes with Optional Director Commentary
Alternate Ending with Optional Director and Writer Commentary
Original 1993 Mini-feature
Behind-the-Scenes Interactive Feature
Animated Photo Gallery
Theatrical Trailer

PULP FICTION
Pulp Fiction has been hailed by critics and audiences worldwide as a film that redefined cinema. A burger-loving hit man (John Travolta), his philosophical partner (Samuel L. Jackson), a drug-addled gangster's moll (Uma Thurman) and a washed-up boxer (Bruce Willis) converge in four tales of violence and redemption. The film was honoured with an Academy Award® for Best Original Screenplay (1994) and earned seven total nominations, including Best Picture and Best Director. It has also been listed as one of the best films of all-time by Empire and Total Film.

Interviews with Cast
Critics’ Retrospective on the Movie’s Place in Film History
Behind-the-Scenes Footage
Pulp Fiction: The Facts
Production Design Feature
Siskel & Ebert At the Movies – The Tarantino Generation
Independent Spirit Awards Footage
Cannes Film Festival Footage
Charlie Rose – Tarantino Interview
Stills Galleries
Trivia Track
Deleted Scenes

JACKIE BROWN
Quentin Tarantino’s acclaimed adaptation of Elmore Leonard’s Rum Punch follows a cash-smuggling flight attendant (Pam Grier) who is busted by an ATF agent (Michael Keaton) and a cop (Michael Bowen). When pressured to help with their investigation, she agrees to do one last run for a ruthless arms dealer (Samuel L. Jackson). Mistrust and suspicions arise when Jackie plays the opposing forces against each other in an effort to walk away with the dough. Robert Forster earned a Best Supporting Actor Oscar® nomination for his role as Max Cherry, a bail bondsman who falls for Jackie and becomes embroiled in the scheme.

Breaking Down Jackie Brown
Jackie Brown: How It Went Down – Retrospective Interviews with Cast and Crew
A Look Back at Jackie Brown – Interview with Quentin Tarantino
Chicks with Guns Video
Siskel & Ebert At the Movies - Jackie Brown Review
Jackie Brown on MTV
Marketing Gallery
Stills Galleries
Trivia Track
Deleted and Alternate Scenes

KILL BILL VOL. 1
In the first volume of this gritty revenge saga, an assassin (Uma Thurman) is shot at the altar by her ruthless employer, Bill (David Carradine), and other members of his Deadly Vipers Assassination Squad. In this epic tale of survival The Bride sets out to bring justice to all those who wronged her, including a reformed suburban mother (Vivica A. Fox) and the Japanese Yakuza crime-lord (Lucy Liu).

The Making of Kill Bill Vol. 1
The 5.6.7.8’s Bonus Musical Performances
Tarantino Trailers

KILL BILL VOL. 2
The murderous Bride (Uma Thurman) mercilessly continues her vengeance quest against her ex-boss, Bill (David Carradine), and his two remaining associates: Bill’s degenerate younger brother (Michael Madsen) and a vicious one-eyed swordswoman (Daryl Hannah).

The Making of Kill Bill Vol. 2
Damoe Deleted Scene
Chingon Musical Performance

DEATH PROOF
Kurt Russell stars as a tough-talking, psychotic serial murderer who transforms his stunt car into an indestructible killing machine, then climbs behind the wheel to stalk and terrorise a group of women on the road. What he doesn’t realise is that he’s picked the wrong babes to mess with.

Stunts on Wheels: The Legendary Drivers of Death Proof
Introducing Zoe Bell
Kurt Russell as Stuntman Mike
The Uncut Version of Baby, It's You performed by Mary Elizabeth Winstead
The Guys of Death Proof
Quentin’s Greatest Collaborator: Editor Sally Menke
Double Dare Trailer
Death Proof International Trailer
An International Poster Gallery

INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS
A Jewish cinema owner in Nazi-occupied Paris is forced to host a movie premiere for the Third Reich, where a radical group of American soldiers, The Basterds, led by Lt. Aldo Raine (Brad Pitt), plan to roll out a score-settling scheme. The film was honoured with an Academy Award® for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role (2009, Christoph Waltz) and earned seven total nominations, including Best Motion Picture of the Year for Lawrence Bender and Best Writing, Original Screenplay for Quentin Tarantino.

Extended and Alternate Scenes
Roundtable Discussion with Quentin Tarantino, Brad Pitt and Elvis Mitchell
The Making of Nation’s Pride
A Conversation with Rod Taylor
Nation’s Pride – the film within the film
The Original Inglorious Bastards
Quentin Tarantino’s Camera Angel
Film Poster Gallery Tour
Rod Taylor on Victoria Bitter
Hi Sallys
Killin’ Nazis Trivia Challenge
Trailers"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 26th October 2012, 06:48 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Nice set and those exclusive extras look good but I own everything in the set on Blu-ray already and won't be double dipping.
Old 26th October 2012, 07:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I won't be picking up this because I bought Inglorious just last week and I have the stand-alone DVD of Death Proof and the Japanese Grindhouse so I'll pick up the other films on Blu when I see 'em cheap... I don't care what anyone says about Tarantino, I think he's a cool dude and he's done a huge amount to legitimize Cult Cinema for mainstream audiences - I mean, a nod from Tarantino about say Dawn of the Dead and my friends would be looking to borrow it from me...
Old 26th October 2012, 07:47 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

It's become quite "cool" to knock him, hasn't it. I must say, I'm not a huge fan of DEATHPROOF (it's grown on me though) but I've loved everything else he's directed and TRUE ROMANCE is one of my favourites and easily Tony Scott's best too.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 26th October 2012, 07:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah, I don't get the Tarantino bashing ? He's a cool guy and a major film maker. I had problems with Kill Bill 2 but a weak Tarantino movie is someone else's masterpiece. I love Tarantino's comment at the Cannes 95 press conference when Three Colors Red was in competition with Pulp Fiction and Tarantino asked for a show of hands for people who voted for the Kieslowski. The hands went up and Tarantino said "Get the f*ck outa here!"... something like that but it was cool anyway...

I remember seeing an item on C4 news about Pulp Fiction winning the Palme d'Or and C4 news guy said the film was expected to receive "massive cuts" when released in the UK...
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 26th October 2012, 08:06 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I've never enjoyed his films but like the fact he has opened up the world of cult cinema to more people. That said, I still bare a grudge against the man for using Dick Dale on the "Pulp Fiction" soundtrack which meant as a surf music fan, when I finally got to see Dale, the whole place was full of more Tarantino fans than Dale fans, all waiting for that one song! Git.
VicDakin, Rik and Wes like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!