Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Horror Stars & Directors

Poll: what is your favourite QT film? written or directed?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
what is your favourite QT film? written or directed?

Like Tree225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st September 2013, 03:27 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
In an interview Quentin has said Death Proof is his worst film he has made, do you agree of not?

I think it's watchable and good in a laid back kind of way but compared to Pulp, Reservoir and Inglorious it is his weakest film
No not at all. I genuinely think he is just saying that as its his least critically acclaimed and didn't do as well as suspect at the box office. I think it's his most fun and playful film, a sentiment I appreciate not shared by a lot of people who find it dull and self indulgent.
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 1st September 2013, 06:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I like Death Proof as well, but I think Planet Terror is the genuine article when it comes to riffing on exploitation films of yesteryear... For what it's worth I think Grindhouse is fantastic and I'll never see the films separately again... My least fave Tarantino is Kill Bill Vol 2 which was a huge disappointment. It has some excellent stuff in there but that film meanders badly...
Boo Radley likes this.
Old 1st September 2013, 09:58 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
In an interview Quentin has said Death Proof is his worst film he has made, do you agree of not?
He's 100% correct.
InDogWeTrust likes this.
Old 12th November 2013, 08:22 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
He's 100% correct.
Still its not a bad worst film to have in your resume, for me yeah its not a great film but in the shorter grindhouse mode its better, and then the last 20-25 mins are pure excellence, i dont know if that was down to Tarantino or to the camera and stunt crew though.
InDogWeTrust likes this.
Old 12th November 2013, 05:46 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I have to admit that Death Proof is my favourite Tarantino film. It's a perfect blend of 70s Exploitation and Serial Killer Horror flick.

I especially like the longer version with the brilliant lap dance.
Old 9th February 2014, 04:44 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quentin Tarantino's 'The Hateful Eight' Deserves to Ride Again | TIME.com
Old 13th April 2014, 11:33 AM
Cult Acolyte

The other day I watched Inglorious Basterds again and though the film didn't get the hype Pulp got I still find it very watchable
Old 13th May 2014, 02:52 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:

I think it's watchable and good in a laid back kind of way but compared to Pulp, Reservoir and Inglorious it is his weakest film
He actually said it's his worst, but it's still a good film.

I saw that in a round table talk he did for The Hollywood Reporter with David O. Russell, Ben Affleck, Ang Lee, Tom Hooper and Gus Van Sant. He also talked in that same interview about his retirement and contemplation of quitting film making because everything has gone digital and he prefers film.

That's just his own opinion on his own films anyway. I actually love Death Proof. It's in my top 3 Tarantino faves...Up there with Inglorious Bastards and Jackie Brown (Even though for some reason I voted for Pulp Fiction in this pole...Which would be #4 anyways)
Old 13th May 2014, 01:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
He actually said it's his worst, but it's still a good film.

I saw that in a round table talk he did for The Hollywood Reporter with David O. Russell, Ben Affleck, Ang Lee, Tom Hooper and Gus Van Sant. He also talked in that same interview about his retirement and contemplation of quitting film making because everything has gone digital and he prefers film.

That's just his own opinion on his own films anyway. I actually love Death Proof. It's in my top 3 Tarantino faves...Up there with Inglorious Bastards and Jackie Brown (Even though for some reason I voted for Pulp Fiction in this pole...Which would be #4 anyways)
Did you notice there was another director there that didn't seem to like him - I didn't like the interviewer who was cutting everyone off mid sentence
Old 20th May 2014, 04:03 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Did you notice there was another director there that didn't seem to like him - I didn't like the interviewer who was cutting everyone off mid sentence
I don't remember. I watched that Interview when they first put it up online. It was after all those directors had just put their movies out, Django Unchained, Life Of Pi, Silver Linings Playbook, Les Miserables and I guess GVS had done Promised Land? So it would have been late 2012, early 2013. Over a year ago. Too long ago to remember!

Like this? Share it using the links below!