Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Horror Stars & Directors
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th August 2011, 11:07 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

I enjoy Margheriti's '80s war efforts and would dearly like to see 'em all (bar Commando Leopard as i already have ABUK's edition.) on U.K. DVD. How about it, Shameless? Cannibal Apocalypse also obviously occupies a healthy spot in my collection and Vengeance is pretty watchable too. I did own both 4-Front's '90s VHS release and the German X-Rated Kult DVD set of the latter film but have yet to delve into buying the relevant Spagwest in SD again. Ark Of The Sun God remains a good laugh and it'd be nice to see both this title, Yor:Hunter From The Future and Hunters Of The Golden Cobra benefitting from a British lease of life. Sounds like another job for Shameless to me.
Pete and Gojirosan like this.
Old 13th September 2011, 11:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

YOR has been released by Warner archive:

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 14th September 2011, 01:44 AM
Seasoned Cultist

And THE SNOW DEVILS has been released by Warner Archive:

Snow Devils, The DVD - Warner Bros. Archive: WBshop.com - The Official Online Store of Warner Bros. Studios
Old 14th September 2011, 07:11 AM
Cult Addict

Margerhetti was one of those master craftsmen who could take total rubbish amd craft something genuinelly entertaining.

My favourite is cannibal apocalypse, though I also found alien from the deep fairly entertaining.

Alien From the Deep [DVD] [US Import]: Amazon.co.uk: Daniel Bosch, Robert Marius, Charles Napier: Film & TV
Old 14th September 2011, 12:34 PM
Ex-member

Default Antonio Margheriti

CASTLE OF BLOOD is a very good film from Marghereti and underrated with a nice twist - the R1 Synapse is the best dvd to get
CANNIBAL APOCALYPSE is a good film though not the best of the CANNIBAL films - I have the R1 Image w/lots of extras
THE LAST HUNTER with David Warbeck, disappointing

I'm sure I saw his films on video years ago, WILD GEESE rip offs etc but I wouldn't buy them now!
Old 14th September 2011, 12:50 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Saw Codename Wild Geese recently. Lewis Collins was like an agitated rock and Klaus Kinski was dubbed by a very camp upper class Englishman, but the highlight was the model work for a car chase in a tunnel - outsanding in it's lack of attempt at being realistic - wonderfully hilariously brilliant.

Midnight Video 26: The Great Silence, My Favourite Year and Brain Damage
Old 14th September 2011, 12:50 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

...And God Said To Cain is one of the greatest of all Spaghetti Westerns and may well be my favourite of Margheriti's films now. There is not a decent quality English friendly version available, which is a crying shame. Even the non-English friendly German release (which has pretty decent picture quality) has been cropped from 'scope to 16:9, sadly.

This film NEEDS a release.
Old 23rd September 2011, 06:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
...And God Said To Cain is one of the greatest of all Spaghetti Westerns and may well be my favourite of Margheriti's films now. There is not a decent quality English friendly version available, which is a crying shame. Even the non-English friendly German release (which has pretty decent picture quality) has been cropped from 'scope to 16:9, sadly.

This film NEEDS a release.
There is a Italian DVD in the correct 2.35:1 ratio but unfortunately, it's not English friendly.

DVD E Dio disse a Caino :: Kultvideo ::

Old 23rd September 2011, 06:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I was excited today when I happened to spot Margheriti's THE SQUEEZE in HMV.

My excitement soon went when I noticed it had been released by Elstree Hill. (great cover though)

Old 23rd September 2011, 07:17 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
There is a Italian DVD in the correct 2.35:1 ratio but unfortunately, it's not English friendly.

DVD E Dio disse a Caino :: Kultvideo ::

Thanks, P. I'll buy it anyway. Yes, I do love the film that much.

Like this? Share it using the links below!