Poll Options
Best argento film?

Like Tree384Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th May 2012, 02:07 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I always go between Deep Red and Tenebrae for my favourite Argento film; can never truly settle on one or the other.

I sort of agree with you on Giallo; it's not as bad as people say but at the same time it's not great. He's capable of so much better I think but to make a "not as bad as people say but at the same time it's not great" film whose title is the same as the genre he practically defined is very disappointing.
hasn't Argento said he's now disowned GIALLO?
DEEP RED is a classic and the Directors Cut is my preferred version
TENEBRE is my fave horror
Old 14th May 2012, 04:27 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
TENEBRE is my fave horror
Whilst not my favourite horror film, it is very close to being so, and is certainly my favourite from Argento.
Old 14th May 2012, 05:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'd say that Suspiria is my ultimate favourite Argento film.
Didn't really appreciate it fully when i was a child, but it became a masterpiece for me on repeated viewings.

And i can't really decide between Deep Red or Tenebrae for my second favourite. But i think i prefer the short export edit of Deep Red because it's much leaner and flows a lot better.
Old 14th May 2012, 05:05 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
But i think i prefer the short export edit of Deep Red because it's much leaner and flows a lot better.
I'm of the same opinion although I think most people don't agree with us on that one.
Old 14th May 2012, 06:27 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
I'd say that Suspiria is my ultimate favourite Argento film.
Didn't really appreciate it fully when i was a child, but it became a masterpiece for me on repeated viewings.
From a filmmaking standpoint I agree. The film is like watching a painting come to life with amazing camerawork and beautiful colors. The ending however is a bit lackluster for me. Still one of his best films to date.

Hey, did Dracula 3D ever get a release?
Old 5th October 2012, 03:03 PM
Cultist

I guess this would be the place to ask... especially since it looks like it was added to the poll as an afterthought

Five Days In Milan... anyone got it? is it worth the effort trying to track it down? seems to be the only Argento film that has extremely limited release anywhere. also happens to be (or will be, once Dracula 3D comes out) the only Argento release missing from my collection...
Old 5th October 2012, 03:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I have the unsubbed Italian DVD and I think it's a very good film, a knockabout comedy but with political undertones - it falls somewhere in between The Leopard and A Fistful of Dynamite, and it's beautifully shot by Deep Red cameraman Luigi Kuveiller. If you can pick up the Italian DVD cheap, the film is easy enough to follow without English dialogue... Definitely a film in need of discovery...
Old 7th October 2012, 06:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

Got invited to a nerd-tastic convention today by the super cool guys from underthefloorbaords.com (who are still trying to flog my Goldfinger poster). Never been to one before - when I was looking around to see if I was in the right place, first person I saw was a tubby guy struggling to zip himself into his Wolverine costume ('yeah, guessing I'm in the right place!') .

Aaaaanyway, I came away with this pretty awesome Deep Red poster. They mixed glitter into some of the inks, and the whole middle section has a nifty translucent sheen Inferno and Suspiria still to come in the ongoing series - looking forward to seeing how they turn out . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0126.jpg (93.2 KB, 7 views)
VicDakin, Rik, sawyer6 and 1 others like this.
Old 7th October 2012, 07:42 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Got invited to a nerd-tastic convention today by the super cool guys from underthefloorbaords.com (who are still trying to flog my Goldfinger poster). Never been to one before - when I was looking around to see if I was in the right place, first person I saw was a tubby guy struggling to zip himself into his Wolverine costume ('yeah, guessing I'm in the right place!') .

Aaaaanyway, I came away with this pretty awesome Deep Red poster. They mixed glitter into some of the inks, and the whole middle section has a nifty translucent sheen Inferno and Suspiria still to come in the ongoing series - looking forward to seeing how they turn out . . .
Wonder is it was the same guy I was at Manchester Expo last year.
The Sailor Moon cosplayer's are the worst. They try to snog you, or am I jst Cpt. Flasheart?

Love the poster, do you have a link to a site where I can purchase one?
Old 7th October 2012, 07:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yeah the costume stuff is all a bit odd - seemed even stranger with such a small turnout at the convention - there were girls dressed as Anime schoolgirls dancing and singing on stage to a crowd of about 15, plus a few dirty old men types towards the back - all rather creepy. Plus all the guests were just sitting around at empty tables at the back. Wanted to go up to Robert Englund for a chat, but me being me I was too scared (what would I say anyway? 'Hi Bob, never really liked any of the Nightmare films, but you seem like a cool guy!')

Oh yeah, here's where you can get the Argento posters... and here is where mine is . . .

Like this? Share it using the links below!