Poll Options
Best argento film?

Like Tree384Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th December 2012, 10:28 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulc View Post
Has anyone got the new Dario Argento book yet? Mine's been dispatched from play but not arrived yet :-( maybe today! just wondering if it was to fans' liking!
Dario Argento: The Man, The Myths, The Magic? it's a beautiful thing... I've not read it all yet, as I find it to be more of a coffee-table piece that you dip into every now and again rather than read cover to cover, but it's well worth the cash
Old 8th December 2012, 10:31 AM
Cultist

especially if you only paid £25 delivered, what the ****? I'm sure I paid about 50 quid for mine when it first came out
Old 8th December 2012, 03:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I've got my sister to buy me it for Xmas, I found it on ebay brand new for just under £25 delivered

DARIO ARGENTO 1903254701 | eBay

Can't wait to sit there Xmas morning ignoring all the family as I browse through it
Slippery Jack likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th December 2012, 03:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Can't wait to sit there Xmas morning ignoring all the family as I browse through it
Ditto . . .
Rik and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 18th July 2013, 08:40 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Argento's next project to be an opera stage production, not film, version of Macbeth in Italy

Maybe a change of direction will be refreshing and palette-cleansing for him.

I also came across a link which had an interview where he said his next movie would be a giallo but I can't find it.
Old 18th July 2013, 08:45 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Indeed. Maybe he'll remember how good Opera was, and try and get back to achieving the quality of that . . .
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 18th July 2013, 08:54 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Argento's next project to be an opera stage production, not film, version of Macbeth in Italy

I also came across a link which had an interview where he said his next movie would be a giallo but I can't find it.
Will we have praying mantis instead of witches ?
Slippery Jack and PaulD like this.
Old 19th July 2013, 04:15 PM
Cultist in Training

I've thought that argento should have made Phenonema as the third Mother film. It had all the ingredients and a couple tweaks would have done it up right.
The third Mother would be the Mother of Animals, or something along those lines. She would have the power to control animals and insects. She would be controlling the killer ape and the insects that Jennifer Connoly seemed to have a psychic link with are, in reality, being influenced by the Mother. A quick revelatory scene near the end exposing the Mother would have been all the narrative needed, similar to Inferno.
Slippery Jack and PaulD like this.
Old 19th July 2013, 04:23 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclefred View Post
I've thought that argento should have made Phenonema as the third Mother film. It had all the ingredients and a couple tweaks would have done it up right.
The third Mother would be the Mother of Animals, or something along those lines. She would have the power to control animals and insects. She would be controlling the killer ape and the insects that Jennifer Connoly seemed to have a psychic link with are, in reality, being influenced by the Mother. A quick revelatory scene near the end exposing the Mother would have been all the narrative needed, similar to Inferno.
F--king hell, that's the seed to a really good idea. It works because Phenomena has giallo hallmarks but is more supernatural in tone. I could totally see how a rewrite and change in directorial tone would work.
Slippery Jack likes this.
Old 19th July 2013, 09:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
F--king hell, that's the seed to a really good idea. It works because Phenomena has giallo hallmarks but is more supernatural in tone. I could totally see how a rewrite and change in directorial tone would work.
Yeah I like that. You've got the grand spooky girls school building too to link all three together architecturally . . .
PaulD likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!