Best argento film?

Like Tree384Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th March 2009, 08:43 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

FOUR FLIES is well worth getting on the MYA label.Also bought DOOR INTO DARKNESS,the two disc DRAGON German release which comes with a cool artwork digipak and nice booklet.I've watched the first two episodes and they were thoroughly entertaining.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg faa4_12.JPG (40.1 KB, 5 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th April 2009, 11:34 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I watched those same 2 on holiday mate and throughly enjoyed them
Old 13th April 2009, 08:35 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah I preferred the seaside murderer episode right enough....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 14th April 2009, 11:12 AM
Cult Rookie

Peter Neal!
Did you ever get round to comparing the AWE edition of Deep Red? (the two disc/two version one?) I keep finding myself wanting to pick it up but then feeling that I really don't need another version of P.R. on dvd (Got the A.B. edition)

I'd like to hear what you thought of it and if it is indeed worth picking up.

Also; Wasn't there some sort of rumpus about the initial release of Stendahl when it first came out on UK DVD? (in like 98'-99?) I recall a mate of mine going apeshit becuse I hade the "white disc" and his was something else, and that the "white" was supposedly the initial pressing that by mistake went out uncut... Myth or Truth?

Anyone know?

oh yeah, and those big UK Quads that Argento is signing for a breif moment in the D.A.: An Eye for Horror documentary are mine!

Old 14th April 2009, 11:15 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I think thats true with Stendhal as the version with the b/w cover was accidently released uncut.

I have that eye for horror doc im going to watch it and keep an eye out for you

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 14th April 2009, 07:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by killfinger View Post
Peter Neal!
Did you ever get round to comparing the AWE edition of Deep Red? (the two disc/two version one?) I keep finding myself wanting to pick it up but then feeling that I really don't need another version of P.R. on dvd (Got the A.B. edition)

I'd like to hear what you thought of it and if it is indeed worth picking up.
Price- and extrawise, the AWE "Deep Red" 2-discer is indeed hard to beat, as it also contains the international cut (which some prefer) AND on a seperate disc the "Director's Cut" with a very insightful audio commentary by a Danish Argento expert (in English!)
It features also the best pq for the flick on any release I've seen so far...and that ever-popular "Eye for Horror" documentary.
The only backdrop for anybody outside the Scandinavian territory is that though the DC has both, English and Italian audio options, the DC has no English subs, so you couldn't view it in Italian and/or have to guess what's going on in the bits, which have no English dub (There are some interesting theories regarding the changes between the DC and the international cut on the ac- imho worth picking up the disc for alone!).

I'd pick it up for a) the international cut and b) the audio commentary for the DC. With its superior pq and stylish presentation, I'll rather revisit this release than the old Anchor bay US disc next time I feel in need for "Profondo Rosso".
Old 17th April 2009, 08:47 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I had the AWE 2 discer but never watched it.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 5th May 2009, 12:27 PM
Cultist in Training

It may come as a surprise but my favorite Argento is "Bird with the Crystal Plumage".
But I love them, I love them all! With the Asia films being my least favorite.
IIRC Tenebrae was the first Argento I ever saw and I was hooked. Still one of my favorites. As is Phenomena.
Old 5th May 2009, 04:33 PM
Cult Rookie

I'm trying to get Argento in for a segment on a tv show I'm working on. Want to pick his mind on Art in Horror, we all know that he likes art and frequently uses it in his movies, but I want to show the couch potatoes this too and bring it to a new level.

And yeah the early stuff is the shit. Kinda lost it after Phenomena and Opera, and Jesus does that metal on the soundtrack date it.

Perhaps BWCP might end up in the dvd again tonight...

Last edited by vincenzo; 31st May 2009 at 12:56 AM.
Old 8th August 2009, 11:12 PM
Cult Addict

Just read that Argento wants to remake "Profondo Rosso" in 3D.

Like this? Share it using the links below!