Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Horror Stars & Directors (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=544)
-   -   The Dario Argento Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/horror-stars-directors/692-dario-argento-thread.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th September 2008 08:12 PM

The Dario Argento Thread

Dario Argento seems to be a popular subject on these boards,so why not vote for your favourites and discuss anything argento?:cool:

Zarith 6th September 2008 09:31 PM

That's all I have to say:

http://www.ericsmit.com/temp/ArgentoCurves.jpg

:cool:

Halloween_22 7th September 2008 12:23 AM

I'm a big fan of Argento. 'Tenebrae', 'Suspiria' and 'The Stendhal Syndrome' being my favourites (although I'm still dying to see Inferno and Deep Red :() 'Tenebrae' is a superb film, probably my favourite out of the three. Suspiria comes a close second however, it features some stunning imagery and scenes. Truly a work of art.

I know i've mentioned it elsewhere but what about 'Jennifer'? Surely worth a mention.

vipco 7th September 2008 12:50 AM

I'd put Mother of Tears up in interesting as anything with Asia Argento in it is definetly Interesting.

Good Thread as i've just started building my Argento collection again.

Deep Red's a classic H, you should try pick it up, its well worth it.

Halloween_22 7th September 2008 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 13383)
anything with Asia Argento in it is definetly Interesting.

I'll agree with that ;)

As for Deep Red, yeah your right vip's, I really need to pick it up at some point, same goes for Inferno. Sure I'll get round to it one of these days, really need tp build up my own Argento collection as I'm missing quite a few :(

Philleh 7th September 2008 09:58 AM

No one come close to Argento!! :D I'm glad Stendhal has started to get props, it was so unfiarly dissed when it was released... and it's DVD/BBFC treatment was hideous!

My faves are: Bird with the Crystal Plummage, Profondo Rosso, Susperia, Inferno, Opera, Stendhal Syndrome and Sleepless. Although I have a soft spot for Card Player because I saw it in Milan when it opened - the only Argento film I've been able to catch on the big screen! :)

Zarith 7th September 2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 13395)
I saw it in Milan when it opened - the only Argento film I've been able to catch on the big screen! :)

I've been a bit more lucky.

I saw in theatres (for their first release): Opera, Trauma, Stendhal Syndrom, Phantom of the Opera and Sleepless.

I wish I could see Profondo Rosso on big screen. The cinematography is gorgeous!

Sarah@Cult Labs 7th September 2008 01:24 PM

Surely Phenomena is more than just "interesting"?! It's got a psychotic monkey! :D

evan renzi 7th September 2008 05:37 PM

Bird with the Crystal Plumage for me. Beautiful camera work and it's just got the most fantastic twist, although nothing comes close to the murky feeling he creates in Deep Red - like something totally alien on the loose - the scenes with Helga especially. Also Sleepless, Inferno, Four Flies. Opera looks fantastic. I enjoy it but it wasn't much of a stretch to guess the killer (same with Tenebre) - and then there's that ending. I've still got half of Phenomena to finishing watching :blush: I wish he'd used Daria Nicolodi in bigger roles. She's gorgeous in Inferno. I was hoping she'd turn out to be the main protagonist.

vipco 7th September 2008 06:06 PM

Inferno really needs a UK dvd release, as far as I know its unavailable .Well thats what the guy in HMV told me last time I was in myself .
Suspiria's another one im having trouble with , you never see it in HMV or Zavvi. Is it still available .?

Anyone know whats in the Argento Collection that Zavi has.?

I'd love to see a few Argento films cross over on to BluRay. I think his films would look awesome in true Hi Def.