Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Horror Stars & Directors

Poll: Favourite Fulci?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Favourite Fulci?

Like Tree196Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th June 2018, 11:22 AM
Seasoned Cultist

is it like the iron master film by umberto lenzi?
Old 5th November 2018, 12:53 PM
Cult Master

Currently being offered on E-Bay - HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY Lucio Fulci 35mm Full Feature Movie

At time of writing, the asking price is £400, with no bids. Looks like the auction is due to finish on November 15th, @ 10:58:20 GMT

Seller notes:
  • The House by the Cemetery (Italian: Quella villa accanto al cimitero) is a 1981 Italian horror film directed by Lucio Fulci. The film stars Catriona MacColl, Paolo Malco, Ania Pieroni, Giovanni Frezza, Silvia Collatina and Dagmar Lassander. Its plot revolves around a series of murders taking place in a New England home–a home which happens to be hiding a gruesome secret within its basement walls.
  • We do not have a 35mm projector so film is untested.
  • No odour from reels whatsoever.
  • Inspection is welcome. Buyer can collect.
  • If you require more images and have any questions please do not hesitate to ask and we will do our best to answer all enquires.
  • Please pay at end of auction good luck and happy bidding.
  • Note: poster is not included in the auction but for illustration purposes only.

NOTE - I am not the seller of this item!
Justin101 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 5th November 2018, 06:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

LAWDY

I'm searching down the back of the couch as I type ...
Justin101 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 23rd January 2019, 09:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default Manhattan Mayhem Jr

Ahem. So my mate, who is still not really au fait with the Lucio ... brings round a film once known as Possessed in this country ... it had to go on (no, twasn't the BU BD J before you ask ...)

You all knows the fast paced, tightly plotted masterpiece that is ....

not the subject of this post.

Twas a joy to hear him praise the camera work .... but he has the same hang up about the length of certain reaction shots that I find in most newcomers to Italian genre cinema.
Film still crazed mishmash of the highest order.
bleakshaun likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 23rd January 2019, 09:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Zombie View Post
is it like the iron master film by umberto lenzi?
Same genre ... but Conquest is ... really quite out there in most regards .. ( and it is meant to look 'fuzzy' ). Enjoy!!

[B]
Old 13th May 2019, 12:28 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I watched From Romero to Rome: The Rise and Fall of the Italian Zombie Movie (2012) last night.

A decent enough doc if a little disjointed in places. Anyway the reason for this post is David McGillivray's comments in this doc. He's a right miserable git. Doesn't like I Walked With a Zombie - says he'd only recently seen it for the first time and it has no merits, and he doesn't rate Zombie Flesh Eaters much either...which is the disc this doc was made for...so why bother to be interviewed?

The likes of Kim Newman, James Moran and Alex Chandon enthused throughout but oh no not McGillivray, he didn't like any of the Italian zombie or cannibal movies.
Old 13th May 2019, 01:00 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I watched From Romero to Rome: The Rise and Fall of the Italian Zombie Movie (2012) last night.

A decent enough doc if a little disjointed in places. Anyway the reason for this post is David McGillivray's comments in this doc. He's a right miserable git. Doesn't like I Walked With a Zombie - says he'd only recently seen it for the first time and it has no merits, and he doesn't rate Zombie Flesh Eaters much either...which is the disc this doc was made for...so why bother to be interviewed?

The likes of Kim Newman, James Moran and Alex Chandon enthused throughout but oh no not McGillivray, he didn't like any of the Italian zombie or cannibal movies.
I watched this for the second time on New Years Eve and I still can't remember any of the interviews. I thought it was OK, nothing too special!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 13th May 2019, 01:18 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I watched this for the second time on New Years Eve and I still can't remember any of the interviews. I thought it was OK, nothing too special!
I only really remember it as it was last night that i watched it.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 13th May 2019, 02:40 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I only really remember it as it was last night that i watched it.
Callum has got a lot better at making these docs in the past few years. The one about 42nd Street Grindhouse Theatres was particularly fun.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 13th May 2019, 02:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Callum has got a lot better at making these docs in the past few years. The one about 42nd Street Grindhouse Theatres was particularly fun.
And the stuff he has done for 88 films slasher collection is pretty impressive also....
Justin101 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!