Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Horror Stars & Directors (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=544)
-   -   The Tim Burton Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/horror-stars-directors/7717-tim-burton-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th January 2012 03:03 PM

The Tim Burton Thread

Discuss all things Tim Burton here.

Tim Burton has a very individual quirkiness as a director, do his films appeal to you?

Which are your favourites? Do you only enjoy his horror style films or like me, pretty much enjoy everything he turns his hand to?

Do you get fed up of Johnny Depp as his lead actor? Or is he the bees knees?

With his new film Dark Shadows arriving in May there's no better time to start this thread.

Nordicdusk 19th January 2012 03:11 PM

Im a big didnt really like all the singing in Sweeney Todd to be honest. I dont mind that he uses Johnny Depp so much because he is such a great character actor every role he plays is fresh and feels new. Also the fact they are such great friends makes the work they turn out together even better. Ed Wood is my fav film of his he just did such a great job with the Lugosi character and scenes he took from Ed Wood films.

Susan Foreman 19th January 2012 03:18 PM

Apparently he is remaking 'Frankenweenie' as a full length stop-motion thing for his next film

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th January 2012 03:20 PM

The Tim Burton Thread

15 Attachment(s)
Discuss all things Tim Burton here.

Tim Burton has a very individual quirkiness as a director, do his films appeal to you?

Which are your favourites? Do you only enjoy his horror style films or like me, pretty much enjoy everything he turns his hand to?

Do you get fed up of Johnny Depp as his lead actor? Or is he the bees knees?

With his new film Dark Shadows arriving in May there's no better time to start this thread.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th January 2012 03:26 PM

Can a mod please incorporate these replies into the other Tim Burton thread with the poll - Thanks

James Morton 19th January 2012 05:07 PM

The Tim Burton Thread

got SLEEPY HOLLOW, Burton paying homage to Bava etc
but otherwise not really a fan

speaking of Bava I read on imdb along time ago Burton wanted to remake BLACK SUNDAY.....
classics like that should be left alone.....

zombiematt 19th January 2012 05:12 PM

I found Beetlejuice and Edward Scissorhands to be his better films mainly because of the quirkiness of Beetlejuice and how personal Edward Scissorhards felt. After that I feel he went a bit patchy.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th January 2012 07:20 PM

BATMAN and BEETLEJUICE are top films,but my favourite is without a doubt SLEEPY HOLLOW.
What a cast!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th January 2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 210455)
BATMAN and BEETLEJUICE are top films,but my favourite is without a doubt SLEEPY HOLLOW.
What a cast!

Mine too, Reaps. :nod:

PaulD 19th January 2012 09:06 PM

Really like the first Batman film, not too keen on Batman Returns though - visually it's stunning but it's so campy (a criticism usually only reserved for the last 2 in the series)

My favourite Tim Burton film is Ed Wood though. Love that film so much.