Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Horror Stars & Directors

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th August 2012, 05:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert W View Post
MONTREAL COMIC-CON TO WORLD PREMIERE TOM SAVINI DOC!
Montreal Comic-Con to world premiere Tom Savini doc!
That's the one I'm going to! Can't wait to see it. The Montreal Comic Con started small but it's becoming huge.
Old 20th August 2012, 06:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default tom savini

Ah yes savini is the man. In terms of his effects work, I personally rate day of the dead as his best work. I've been a fan of savini for as long as I can remember. Scream greats doc on savini is excellent. Can't wait to see smoke and mirrors documentary. I read on this thread that there exists a 3plus hour dvd of his work on day of the dead. Does anyone know what its called and where it can be purchased? Love all his work especially his work with Romero so I also have a soft spot for creepshow. More savini more savini please.
Rik likes this.
Old 20th August 2012, 06:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default Robert w

Thanks for that. Just after ordering savini dvd online.
Old 21st August 2012, 03:24 PM
Cultist

There's plenty of Savini's "behind the scenes" home movies of his work on Creepshow up on Youtube atm.
Old 21st August 2012, 04:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Back in the days of VHS I paid close to a hundred if not more for the Scream Greats tape with Savini. Watched it until it broke and fixed it up with tape several times before it was no longer salvageable.

Seeing Savini at the con and the documentary will be one big check mark off my list of things I've always wanted to do.
Old 21st August 2012, 05:20 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
Back in the days of VHS I paid close to a hundred if not more for the Scream Greats tape with Savini. Watched it until it broke and fixed it up with tape several times before it was no longer salvageable.

Seeing Savini at the con and the documentary will be one big check mark off my list of things I've always wanted to do.
He's seems to have acquired this reputation as being some kind of jerk to people at cons, but all the footage I've seen of him at those makes him appear to be quite affable.
Old 21st August 2012, 05:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
He's seems to have acquired this reputation as being some kind of jerk to people at cons, but all the footage I've seen of him at those makes him appear to be quite affable.
I've heard that but I wonder if it's the approach some take. I was told Adam West would be a jerk but he was really fun to talk too.

Guess I'll find out. Really hope it turns out he isn't. I'm hoping they'll be selling the documentary there during the premiere. There's three days of films but pulling of the world premiere with Savini was a huge coup for them.
Old 21st August 2012, 05:39 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
I've heard that but I wonder if it's the approach some take. I was told Adam West would be a jerk but he was really fun to talk too.

Guess I'll find out. Really hope it turns out he isn't. I'm hoping they'll be selling the documentary there during the premiere. There's three days of films but pulling of the world premiere with Savini was a huge coup for them.
I know that he's often selling stuff of his at cons. Heard his TCM Pt.2 Leatherface masks are quite nice.
Criterion7 likes this.
Old 21st August 2012, 06:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I know that he's often selling stuff of his at cons. Heard his TCM Pt.2 Leatherface masks are quite nice.
I'd seriously love to have something of his. That would definitely be a jewel of my collection. Being a serious Friday fan it would be great o get something from that. TCM mask though is tempting.
Old 21st August 2012, 08:31 PM
Cultist

Quote:
I've had the pleasure of meeting Tom Savini a handful of times since I was really young. All but once was he outstanding and friendly. The one time he seemed unpleasant I chalked it up to him having an off day for some reason or another. Everyone has bad days.
Even that one time he was a little standoffish he loosened up and he happily chatted with me for quite awhile.
I had the Japanese Zombie Dawn of the Dead figure of him to sign.
He claimed he never saw it before and chuckled something about not getting money from the company that made them.
I would love to chat with him again, he's a great story teller.
Criterion7 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!