Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Horror Stars & Directors

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th September 2013, 05:14 AM
Cultist

Default 13 Year Old Girl To Direct New Slasher Film

Have you guys heard about this? Over the last couple of days horror fans seem to have just started talking about it & yesterday even Dread Central posted an article: http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/702...r-flick-carver

I think it will be hilarious if this kid steps in and makes an indie slasher that outdoes half the crap "professional" horror directors serve up these days.

CARVER--A horror film by 13 year old Emily DiPrimio by Emily & Ron DiPrimio — Kickstarter
Old 12th September 2013, 10:42 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by klownz View Post

Have you guys heard about this? Over the last couple of days horror fans seem to have just started talking about it & yesterday even Dread Central posted an article: http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/702...r-flick-carver

I think it will be hilarious if this kid steps in and makes an indie slasher that outdoes half the crap "professional" horror directors serve up these days.

CARVER--A horror film by 13 year old Emily DiPrimio by Emily & Ron DiPrimio — Kickstarter
I really hope she pulls it off might give directors a good well needed kick up the arse. If she does not pull it off at least she is trying something and it might influence others and gives us hope that the future is bright for horror.
ArgentoFan1987 and klownz like this.
Old 13th September 2013, 02:28 AM
Cultist in Training

How nice daddy is indulging her. Me, I'm holding back the vomit. That's the last thing we need in our genre.
Old 13th September 2013, 04:27 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclefred View Post
How nice daddy is indulging her. Me, I'm holding back the vomit. That's the last thing we need in our genre.
Patronise much? And ''our genre''? Being a horror fan's not an exclusive club.

Fair play to her I say. Even if the film's not very good starting to make movies at that age is great for experience. I wish I'd been like that
Old 13th September 2013, 09:45 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think it's great, there's room for everyone and everything. I'm thinking about Coppola's final prophetic words from Hearts of Darkness...

To me, the great hope is that now these little 8mm video recorders and stuff have come out, and some... just people who normally wouldn't make movies are going to be making them. And you know, suddenly, one day some little fat girl in Ohio is going to be the new Mozart, you know, and make a beautiful film with her little father's camera recorder. And for once, the so-called professionalism about movies will be destroyed, forever. And it will really become an art form. That's my opinion.
Old 13th September 2013, 11:02 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I don't see anything wrong with it, although my boys are too young to be starting anything like this, I'd fully support them too if they wanted to get into filmmaking. Like Paul says, I wish I'd been like that at 13 (I was already a horror fan, but the thought of creating my own film never crossed my mind, I just used to write really bad horror stories instead)
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 13th September 2013, 02:09 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Patronise much? And ''our genre''? Being a horror fan's not an exclusive club.

Fair play to her I say. Even if the film's not very good starting to make movies at that age is great for experience. I wish I'd been like that
I'm sorry you feel you're not in the club.
Old 13th September 2013, 02:59 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Exactly how I feel and I also support indie film making as a whole, unclefred said "That's the last thing we need in our genre."

That's a sad and very shit attitude to have especially against a kid who is enthusiastic like this... But I guess he would be the type of person who would try and put down peoples projects regardless of age and what ever the project is...
PaulD and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 13th September 2013, 03:05 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

It really can't be any worse than some of the studio horrors over the last few years.

Hello Prom Night looking at you here among others.
Rik, ArgentoFan1987 and klownz like this.
Old 13th September 2013, 07:01 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclefred View Post
I'm sorry you feel you're not in the club.
F--k the club.

Whatever club you're on about, that is. To be honest mate, I've no idea what you're talking about
ArgentoFan1987 and klownz like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!