Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Horror Stars & Directors
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert W

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd November 2012, 09:42 PM
Cultist

Default Lionel Atwill

What a criminally underrated actor! Atwill, like Price (who himself would later go on to reprise Atwill's performance in Mstery of the Wax Museum) , specialized in an urbane brand of villainy. Suave and sophisticated, Atwill could also very easily project psychopathic malevolence with nothing more than a passing glance.

I would also highly recommend the book, "Hollywood's Maddest Doctors: Lionel Atwill, Colin Clive, George Zucco," as well as what I think are his three finest cinematic performances,

Murders In The Zoo

Son of Frankenstein

Man Made Monster

Last edited by Robert W; 3rd November 2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 4th December 2012, 04:14 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Lionel Atwill

Fully agree on Lionel Atwill. My favorites include "Ghost of Frankenstein", "Doctor X" and "The Vampire Bat". Growing up in the 60's when 30's horror films were still shown frequently on TV Atwill was one of those actors that you always looked forward to seeing.

Like this? Share it using the links below!