Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Horror Stars & Directors

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd October 2010, 02:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Neal View Post
You're right about Chattaway's score, though I still think his masterpiece is the music to "Maniac".
My favourite score of Chattaway's is Invasion USA. Listening to it without watching the movie, you'd think it was a score to a military based horror movie.
Old 3rd October 2010, 03:55 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
My favourite score of Chattaway's is Invasion USA. Listening to it without watching the movie, you'd think it was a score to a military based horror movie.
Is that film you mention any good? Would you recommend it?
Old 4th October 2010, 10:51 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
Is that film you mention any good? Would you recommend it?

I haven't seen it in about twenty years. I remember it being entertaining. It was a definitely a product of the eighties and had that Reagan era spirit about it. Richard Lynch played the bad guy and he's always good value. The poster art displays Chuck Norris with a pair of MAC 10s and it's a pretty good indication of what to expect; basically, Chuck's version of Commando. He's a one man army in this. For the few quid it'll cost you on DVD, it's worth a look. Just don't expect anything intelligent, cos you won't get it.
Old 4th October 2010, 12:44 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
I haven't seen it in about twenty years. I remember it being entertaining. It was a definitely a product of the eighties and had that Reagan era spirit about it. Richard Lynch played the bad guy and he's always good value. The poster art displays Chuck Norris with a pair of MAC 10s and it's a pretty good indication of what to expect; basically, Chuck's version of Commando. He's a one man army in this. For the few quid it'll cost you on DVD, it's worth a look. Just don't expect anything intelligent, cos you won't get it.
Sounds fun. Yes, Richard Lynch, I just watched him in GOD TOLD ME TO, as you mention him. He had a pulsating vagina on the side of his body in this film. If that was what he had on the side of his body, imagine what he may have been packing in his pants? Yeah, he plays a good villain does Lynch, Can be pretty creepy at times. There was an 80's horror film that featured him playing the role of a demented cult leader. It was called BAD DREAMS I recall. The film was basically an ELM STREET and SHOCKER cash-in. A typical "Nut dies in blaze, then comes back from the dead to take revenge" type film. Watchable, though I haven't seen this one for years now. One of those films that may have been forgotten....
I like the odd Chuck Norris movie, haven't seen this one you mention, but I will defiantly watch it now sometime. Will let you know what I thought of it in the future maybe. I like to just sit and stare at a movie at home sometimes, not having to engage with the film mentally, if you get what I'm saying. And this sounds like one of the perfect movies for that sort of thing. Cheers, and thanks for the response...
Old 4th October 2010, 01:22 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
There was an 80's horror film that featured him playing the role of a demented cult leader. It was called BAD DREAMS I recall. The film was basically an ELM STREET and SHOCKER cash-in. A typical "Nut dies in blaze, then comes back from the dead to take revenge" type film. Watchable, though I haven't seen this one for years now. One of those films that may have been forgotten....
Anchor Bay US put out a lovely DVD of this a few years back, well worth tracking down a copy. I always felt the ending was a bit of a cop out, not quite in the league of 'It was all just a dream', but not far off.
Old 4th October 2010, 01:43 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Anchor Bay US put out a lovely DVD of this a few years back, well worth tracking down a copy. I always felt the ending was a bit of a cop out, not quite in the league of 'It was all just a dream', but not far off.
Hi, Thanks for the info on BAD DREAMS, Will have a little look around for it on dvd sometime, I'm a bit of an Anchor Bay/ Starz fan to be honest. I missed out on a copy of EVIL SPEAK UNCUT by them. Had an old VHS copy of this film, which I really liked, even though it was cut to bits. Will come across a copy of this somewhere one day. Would love to see that again. Glad somebody else remembered BAD DREAMS too. By the way, is Richard Lynch still with us? Or has he passed away? Haven't seen him in anything for some time now...
Old 4th October 2010, 07:38 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Tom the chick magnet!

Jamie Lee Curtis in The Fog.......Stacey Nelkin in Halloween III......

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 4th October 2010, 07:48 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper@cult labs View Post
tom the chick magnet!

Jamie lee curtis in the fog.......stacey nelkin in halloween iii......
lucky f**ker.
Old 4th October 2010, 07:49 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
Tom the chick magnet!

Jamie Lee Curtis in The Fog.......Stacey Nelkin in Halloween III......
But sadly for Tom in Maniac Cop, he only got to eat pavement. Mmmmm yummy!
Old 4th October 2010, 07:51 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

His part in The Fog where he's telling the story of the boat,and the maps fall out the locker,followed by Dick Baxter's body is class!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!