Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd March 2010, 02:28 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Default Mondo Holocausto! (2010)

Not sure what to make of this one, here's the IMDB entry:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1380991/

Quote:
Serafina is a beautiful photo-journalist in New York City circa 1977. She heads to the Amazons on assignment to find a missing adventurer known as Diamondback; but things go terribly awry when vicious cannibals start eating the peaceful tribal villages out of hut and home.
The director himself said this, on another forum:

Quote:
As an Italian genre fan, I am in the same boat and feel very protective over the cannibal genre - I can't tell you enough when pressed as to what kind of film I am making, how many people's eyes glaze over in confusion when I say, "a 70's Italian Cannibal Film that is completely voice-dubbed for the foreign/comedic effect." (((glaze))) But it really doesn't matter - cuz at the end of the day, I just want to see a kick-ass, ultra-gory, dubbed, chalk-full of nudity jungle/adventure/horror flick - that is handled with at least some kind of respect and care for this forgotten era. There are definitely some comedic elements to this film - but they are from the natural conventions used by the Italian Directors of yesteryear. For example - when the Italians would make a serious horror film back then, they would have to eventually dub the flick in English, to sell to the American Markets; thus sometimes turning their film into an accidental "comedy" - that coupled with the use of stock-footage and the cost-cutting production techniques. All-in-all, this is my love letter to Italian Cannibal Films that have brought me numerous hours of entertainment - at times, the script is satirical - but, it is mostly a brutal, wrong on so many levels, nude/gore-fest.
Sounds like it could be interesting, let's wait and see. I'm half expecting it to never happen. But looking at the proposed cast, this would certainly be worth a look if it ever does materialise.
Old 22nd March 2010, 03:50 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Alternative US title - Eaten To Pieces.
Old 22nd March 2010, 04:23 PM
Cultist

The main character is called Ruggero Margheriti,nice one!
Old 22nd March 2010, 05:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Will deffo check this out.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 22nd March 2010, 05:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richcrue View Post
The main character is called Ruggero Margheriti,nice one!
One of the other characters is called Aristide Rassimov

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 22nd March 2010, 06:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Sounds very much like 'Isle Of The Damned'. Looks intresting though.

Like this? Share it using the links below!