Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Horror (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=540)
-   -   films you have lent,but were unsure about! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/horror/13904-films-you-have-lent-but-were-unsure-about.html)

dis 5th March 2019 08:35 PM

films you have lent,but were unsure about!

hi guys, as the title says, "films that you have lent , BUT were unsure about".

I recently lent my Mom and Dad a horror film which I would consider a video nasty.
the film in question was "Haute Tension",uncut obviously.
now, my folks do like a good horror, and they have seen many of the 70s/80s banned films like The Evil Dead ,The Burning ,Madman , TCM, etc,etc.
but as you know, there art a lot more gory/ gruesome/nasty films available nowadays.
films like MSP,ScrapBook,August Underground series,SVD series, and many others.
my folks actually enjoyed "Haute Tension", but I was unsure whether I should have lent it them?
so ,what have you lent and thought, should I have lent that film?

may lend them "Dard Divorce" next?

thanks

Justin101 5th March 2019 08:44 PM

I lent my mum a vhs of New York Ripper years ago, she watched it with my stepdad and they never said anything bad about it to me the next day but thinking back I can’t believe I thought that was appropriate haha.

Paul@TheOverlook 5th March 2019 08:44 PM

It wasn't a film but I once lent my great aunty (who was in her late 70s) Klaus Kinski's autobiography totally forgetting what a sex-pest he'd been and all the inappropriate things he said about various women. That and that he alluded to sleeping with his sister.... :behindsofa:

MrBarlow 5th March 2019 09:48 PM

A work colleague asked me to leave him a few horror movies to watch during the night I asked him what he wanted, he said surprise me, left him some and The Human Centipede, woke up to a very abusive funny text message the next day.

gag 5th March 2019 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 599186)
A work colleague asked me to leave him a few horror movies to watch during the night I asked him what he wanted, he said surprise me, left him some and The Human Centipede, woke up to a very abusive funny text message the next day.

I think the storyline sounds worse than the actual film , the 2nd I can understand and 3rd well less said the better I thought it was dire and a embarrassing to watch .
Only film I've ever had a problem with is one of the original Guinea pig film I lent a work mate on vhs he called me a sick basta£d etc he was like charlie sheen convinced it was real , I just said well don't ask me for owt extreme again , he never even asked me for a film again everyone else was fine with my stuff , when I was young my mum didn't mind watching some of the films with me but when she once borrowed I spit on your grave and put it on at that time I wasn't 100 % fully aware of the content of it and don't think she was either but let it play and didn't switch it off, i felt uncomfortable tho :lol: I was around 15 .

Demoncrat 6th March 2019 01:04 AM

:laugh:
Where do I start here?

Watched The Offence and a Bertolucci film that had incest in it with my mum ... not on the same night :lol:.
Also made entire family watch The Evil Dead the first night we got the machine :pound: ...

Lent some friends an Ackercocke cd which was rejected for "praising Satan". Metal fan and all :laugh:.
Lent someone Island Of Death ... and he still shudders to this day at the mention of it ... this from the chap whom lent me Hiruko The Goblin & The Seventh Curse :confused:
Showed someone who rather foolishly said to me that he had "seen it all" ... so stuck on Srpski ... and he had to admit he'd been wrong :lol:

There is more .... plenty more. :nod:

dis 6th March 2019 08:49 PM

hi guys,is SRPSKI ,also known as A Surbian Film?

Rik 6th March 2019 08:57 PM

It is :nod:

dis 14th March 2019 07:36 PM

HI GUYS, yeah thought so, and I own this and this is one not to lend out!

Demoncrat 15th March 2019 10:39 AM

Yes, he came round to mine to view it. Along with Mordum and POAK, it doesn't tend to leave this domicile. For my safety more than anything :lol: