Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th March 2019, 08:35 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default films you have lent,but were unsure about!

hi guys, as the title says, "films that you have lent , BUT were unsure about".

I recently lent my Mom and Dad a horror film which I would consider a video nasty.
the film in question was "Haute Tension",uncut obviously.
now, my folks do like a good horror, and they have seen many of the 70s/80s banned films like The Evil Dead ,The Burning ,Madman , TCM, etc,etc.
but as you know, there art a lot more gory/ gruesome/nasty films available nowadays.
films like MSP,ScrapBook,August Underground series,SVD series, and many others.
my folks actually enjoyed "Haute Tension", but I was unsure whether I should have lent it them?
so ,what have you lent and thought, should I have lent that film?

may lend them "Dard Divorce" next?

thanks
Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 5th March 2019, 08:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I lent my mum a vhs of New York Ripper years ago, she watched it with my stepdad and they never said anything bad about it to me the next day but thinking back I can’t believe I thought that was appropriate haha.
dis, Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 5th March 2019, 08:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

It wasn't a film but I once lent my great aunty (who was in her late 70s) Klaus Kinski's autobiography totally forgetting what a sex-pest he'd been and all the inappropriate things he said about various women. That and that he alluded to sleeping with his sister....
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 5th March 2019, 09:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A work colleague asked me to leave him a few horror movies to watch during the night I asked him what he wanted, he said surprise me, left him some and The Human Centipede, woke up to a very abusive funny text message the next day.
Justin101, dis, Demoncrat and 1 others like this.
Old 5th March 2019, 10:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
A work colleague asked me to leave him a few horror movies to watch during the night I asked him what he wanted, he said surprise me, left him some and The Human Centipede, woke up to a very abusive funny text message the next day.
I think the storyline sounds worse than the actual film , the 2nd I can understand and 3rd well less said the better I thought it was dire and a embarrassing to watch .
Only film I've ever had a problem with is one of the original Guinea pig film I lent a work mate on vhs he called me a sick basta£d etc he was like charlie sheen convinced it was real , I just said well don't ask me for owt extreme again , he never even asked me for a film again everyone else was fine with my stuff , when I was young my mum didn't mind watching some of the films with me but when she once borrowed I spit on your grave and put it on at that time I wasn't 100 % fully aware of the content of it and don't think she was either but let it play and didn't switch it off, i felt uncomfortable tho I was around 15 .
Justin101, dis, Demoncrat and 2 others like this.
Old 6th March 2019, 01:04 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Where do I start here?

Watched The Offence and a Bertolucci film that had incest in it with my mum ... not on the same night .
Also made entire family watch The Evil Dead the first night we got the machine ...

Lent some friends an Ackercocke cd which was rejected for "praising Satan". Metal fan and all .
Lent someone Island Of Death ... and he still shudders to this day at the mention of it ... this from the chap whom lent me Hiruko The Goblin & The Seventh Curse
Showed someone who rather foolishly said to me that he had "seen it all" ... so stuck on Srpski ... and he had to admit he'd been wrong

There is more .... plenty more.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 6th March 2019, 08:49 PM
Seasoned Cultist

hi guys,is SRPSKI ,also known as A Surbian Film?
Old 6th March 2019, 08:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

It is
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 14th March 2019, 07:36 PM
Seasoned Cultist

HI GUYS, yeah thought so, and I own this and this is one not to lend out!
Justin101 likes this.
Old 15th March 2019, 10:39 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yes, he came round to mine to view it. Along with Mordum and POAK, it doesn't tend to leave this domicile. For my safety more than anything

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!