Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > House on the Edge of the Park

Like Tree125Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th April 2011, 03:26 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

This is just superb news! A great film that rivals The Last House on the Left - it's definetly much more sleazy/disturbing imo. Shameless are going Ruggero mad.
Old 18th April 2011, 03:28 PM
Cultist

true Demdike, i think at least 5 mins of cuts now compared to Vipco's 11 minute butcher job
Old 18th April 2011, 03:48 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Last House on the Left is now uncut, but I Spit ... still suffers from the censors, i think House ...... will have a few seconds cut at least, as it is pretty much relentless terror from the moment Hess and Morghen enter the party.
Last House on the Left is still not available uncut in the UK because of the BBFC's policy on sexualised violence -- they have problems with the forced urination. However, in light of the advisory board's ruling on Cannibal Holocaust, I hope things have changed in Soho Square and this will get through unscathed.

It's a great decision by Shameless -- the more Deodato, the better!
Old 18th April 2011, 03:51 PM
Cultist

Default Last House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Last House on the Left is still not available uncut in the UK because of the BBFC's policy on sexualised violence -- they have problems with the forced urination. However, in light of the advisory board's ruling on Cannibal Holocaust, I hope things have changed in Soho Square and this will get through unscathed.

It's a great decision by Shameless -- the more Deodato, the better!
Last House is uncut in the uk, Ihave the recent 3 disc set from Metrodome, and this is uncut
Old 18th April 2011, 04:19 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten View Post
Last House is uncut in the uk, Ihave the recent 3 disc set from Metrodome, and this is uncut
I didn't realise that -- I just checked the BBFC website and was surprised that both Last House on the Left and Krug and Company had been passed uncut. The BBFC are proving to be quite progressive so there is hope for House on the Edge of the Park following the BBFC's decisions on this and Cannibal Holocaust.
Old 18th April 2011, 04:24 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I didn't realise that -- I just checked the BBFC website and was surprised that both Last House on the Left and Krug and Company had been passed uncut. The BBFC are proving to be quite progressive so there is hope for House on the Edge of the Park following the BBFC's decisions on this and Cannibal Holocaust.
Yeah, its so easy these days with so many re-issues to see how these things slip through un noticed..........the Metrodome dvd set is brilliant, especially with the fearture length Slasher doc, Going To Peices included with it
Old 18th April 2011, 04:28 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten View Post
Its a brilliant set, the Going to Pieces disc is probably my fave documentary, and that includes Nucleus Films Nasties doc.
Old 18th April 2011, 04:30 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Absolutely fantastic news - this one is a not-so-guilty pleasure of mine, and if it passes uncut, it's bye bye AWE disc!

Even though this 'borrows' The Last House on the Left's formula (itself borrowing heavily from Bergman's epic The Virgin Spring, of course ), I MUCH prefer THOTEOTP to the original Last House, which I feel is terribly overrated.
Old 18th April 2011, 04:33 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Its a brilliant set, the Going to Pieces disc is probably my fave documentary, and that includes Nucleus Films Nasties doc.
Yeah, i love it, The Nasties doc from Nucleus isgood, but i enjoyed the Ban The Sadist Videos from Anchor Bay better.....although Nucleus's other discs in their Nasties set were second to none. I remember the era,andseeing some of those movies as a 4 year old on vhs when my parents got a vcr.......so many memories of the packaging and the controversy!
Old 18th April 2011, 04:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Nosferatu, if you keep an eye out on Amazon you can pick it up for a fiver sometimes (as i was fortunate to do in October) - its a tenner at the moment.

Ignore the reviews as they are not all for this version.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 514SXj2mSlL.jpg (54.3 KB, 9 views)
Closed Thread

Like this? Share it using the links below!