Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   House on the Edge of the Park (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   SHAM034 - House on the Edge of the Park: The BBFC Decision (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/house-edge-park/6743-sham034-house-edge-park-bbfc-decision.html)

nekromantik 20th September 2011 01:58 PM

good news!
I am intrigued about the special features however I own the uncut DVD so wont be double dipping unless I get it free from comp or ebay second hand.

Baseball Fury 20th September 2011 02:19 PM

Well bloody hell. good work on the appeal!

Rik 20th September 2011 02:29 PM

Well done everybody, things are certainly changing at the BBFC

Violence is Italian Art

Pete 20th September 2011 02:39 PM

Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but what has actually been cut? Is it the razor scene?

Sarah@Cult Labs 20th September 2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 182760)
Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but what has actually been cut? Is it the razor scene?

Yep, all the remaining cuts are to the Cindy/razor scene.

Pete 20th September 2011 02:42 PM

Not surprising really, it's a very nasty scene.

Thanks Sarah :)

Rik 20th September 2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 182749)
good news!
I am intrigued about the special features however I own the uncut DVD so wont be double dipping unless I get it free from comp or ebay second hand.

Me too, same as CH, and I don't normally buy cut discs, but I'll be getting this for the extras

Violence is Italian Art

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th September 2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 182770)
Me too, same as CH, and I don't normally buy cut discs, but I'll be getting this for the extras

Same here. This appeal and the restoration of the 30-odd second rape/sex scene is great news for DVD/BD consumers and the BBFC's gradual movement into the 21st century.

I still think censorship of this nature is outdated and no one should be able to tell adults what they can't watch if it doesn't breach any UK laws. However, that's for another debate and another thread.

I'll buy this for the extra features, artwork and to keep my collection going.

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th September 2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playzocker (Post 182747)
Sorry ... but I can't think of that as a victory. The film is still cut 43 seconds and I'll take a pass on that release. I'll buy an uncut Blu-ray but not a censored version on DVD.

It's really annoying that we're still treated like children in this day and age. I wonder how the members of the BBFC manage to watch all this filth and depravity, yet manage to be unaffected? Hmmmmmm. Guess they have superior intellect to us knuckle draggers!

bedorca 20th September 2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 182818)
It's really annoying that we're still treated like children in this day and age. I wonder how the members of the BBFC manage to watch all this filth and depravity, yet manage to be unaffected? Hmmmmmm. Guess they have superior intellect to us knuckle draggers!

That's the bottom line (who says there is a class divide in this country eh? ;) ), but as stated previously, it is better than it was say 10-15 years ago.

Back then a legal uncut release of a lot of the Shameless titles was a distant pipe dream!

And an appeal? Not even worth considering with Lord Ferman in charge!

Here's to the next 10 years, where the might of the Internet will hopefully kill off the nannies of Soho Square for good! :clap: