Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   House on the Edge of the Park (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   SHAM034 - House on the Edge of the Park: The DVD Specs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/house-edge-park/6859-sham034-house-edge-park-dvd-specs.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 29th September 2011 01:35 PM

SHAM034 - House on the Edge of the Park: The DVD Specs

SHAM034 - HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...DVDFront2D.jpg

When Ruggero Deodato, the director of über-controversial CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST, teamed up with David Hess, the notorious -“Krug”- star of Last House on the Left, their maverick talents exploded in the feat of unrelenting sleaze that is HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK.

Alex (Hess) is a psychopath and his friend Ricky (Giovanni L Radice) an easily led simpleton. When the unlikely pair are invited to an upscale house party where they are ridiculed by their debauched young hosts, Alex decides that he and his straight edged razor deserve some fun. Together the two streetwise punks take the unprepared partygoers on a journey of violence, debasement and forced sex. And that’s before events turn really nasty…

Deodato’s unwavering gritty direction keeps the tension unbearably tight and the psychological nuances of Hess and Radice’s powerhouse performances deliver uncomfortably challenging scenes so close to the bone that this originally banned Video Nasty remains one of the most contentious pictures in UK censorship history.

Special Features
• Exclusive interview with star David Hess & director Ruggero Deodato
• Introduction by David Hess
• Debate with Deodato, star Radice & the UK Censors
• David Hess on Censorship
• Theatrical trailer
• English & optional Italian audio with English subtitles

HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK WILL BE RELEASED ON DVD BY SHAMELESS SCREEN ENTERTAINMENT ON 31 OCTOBER 2011.

Rotten 29th September 2011 01:48 PM

i have the EC disc, and the Vipco, but will be buying this on release day

platostotal 29th September 2011 03:17 PM

Halloween, do we get a free pumpkin. This pre Christmas run by Shameless is proving to be mighty fine indeed. Nice cover, won't be flipping it, maybe.

Rik 29th September 2011 03:25 PM

Pre-ordered this earlier, Zavvi are selling it for £9.85 at the minute

Violence is Italian Art

Gojirosan 29th September 2011 03:32 PM

I probably won't be buying this, but I hope it's a success. I like the cover.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th September 2011 04:45 PM

That's a very good set of extra features and the artwork is pretty good too. However, I can't wait to see what is going to be on the other side of the reversible sleeve.

Rassilon 30th September 2011 07:50 PM

I hope panel B is the classic trees in the shape of a skull cover. Can't wait to buy this. I've only seen the vipco one which was cut by something like all the film besides the credits...then a bit dance...someone flashes a knife...pair of bangers...the end.

Pete 30th September 2011 07:51 PM

Oh, that cover is horrible.

Rassilon 30th September 2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 186181)
Oh, that cover is horrible.

I prefer it over the razorblade cover. But hey, let's see what they decide. Still a must have even if the cover just had bold awful gold capitol letters with the title and nothing else....oh wait.

Pete 30th September 2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Chad (Post 186186)
I prefer it over the razorblade cover. But hey, let's see what they decide. Still a must have even if the cover just had bold awful gold capitol letters with the title and nothing else....oh wait.

I was talking about the razorblade cover :nod:

(I didn't see your post - we must have posted at the same time)