Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Lags & Screws Of Wentworth > The Inmates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th February 2011, 12:04 PM
Cult Addict

Default Alice 'Lurch' Jenkins.

She was never top dog ,but more than likely she was the muscle behind her. Lurch must of been in Wentworth for some time as she went through friends like toilet roll. Quite nasty to start with, but softened up when Rita came along.
Old 17th February 2011, 08:16 PM
Cultist in Training

I really enjoyed seeing Alice blossom into a full time character and one of the few, and probably most unlikely, to fall in love during her time on the inside.
Old 17th February 2011, 08:40 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@OnTheInside View Post
I really enjoyed seeing Alice blossom into a full time character and one of the few, and probably most unlikely, to fall in love during her time on the inside.
Lurch was a prime example of how Prisoner shaped interesting characters over time and how the most unlikely types could tug at your heartstrings. To that end I always thought Vera was brilliantly done but that would be another thread - in the Screws section!
Old 18th February 2011, 10:45 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@OnTheInside View Post
I'd forgotten about that! Did she not get married? Or am I having another delusion?
Old 5th March 2011, 09:56 AM
Cultist in Training

When we last saw them, they wee allwed to spend some 'alone time' in the Governor's office as he was being transferred to Blackmoor, but I think Lurch was being released anyway?
Old 3rd July 2011, 05:21 PM
Cult Rookie

I'd love to think that Alice had a happy ending with Harry. Those final scenes they share are really touching
Old 17th April 2012, 01:50 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
She was never top dog ,but more than likely she was the muscle behind her. Lurch must of been in Wentworth for some time as she went through friends like toilet roll. Quite nasty to start with, but softened up when Rita came along.
Actually, Lurch was the Top Dog for only a couple of episodes....
I think it was when Rita Connors was transferred to Blackmoor and there was some rivalary between Lurch and Kathy.....
Old 26th August 2012, 04:20 PM
Cultist

she got more than a couple of episodes as top dog but still not very long. Harry actually got sent to Barnhurst...Lurch was offered to go too but she didn't want to leave Rita behind when she was so sick.

I loved Alice...always felt sorry for her because she was so gullible and always got the raw end of the deal when Lou's plans fell through. Then after Lou killed her brother and mother, I felt so sorry for her. Even though I didn't blame Lou at least for killing the brother! I remember one episode in particular when I really began to love Alice...that was when Nancy left and everyone was stood at the gates saying their goodbyes...Alice finally seemed to have found real acceptance and friendship in Rita and the rest of the warrior gang. I thought it was really sweet and about time she found real friends...she proved she was a great friend in the end because she was given a fair deal...she and Rita as a double act were brilliant!! The twin towers!
Old 8th March 2013, 05:04 AM
Cult Rookie

I liked Alice as a badie and goodie, she wasn't a great quality actress, but her emerging as an extra to a TD, showed the show is showing it's age, and the ending is near.

It's great Rita gave her a chance to come good, as Myra was so horrible to her, she had no place in the show but be Lou's sidekick.

Like this? Share it using the links below!