Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Lags & Screws Of Wentworth > The Inmates

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th March 2011, 07:23 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dog View Post
Most people usually do mr 420
Watch out, I'll have your fingers in the steam press!
Old 7th April 2011, 05:17 AM
Cult Rookie

Default Lou Kelly made the last 2 and a half years...

...of the show super interesting. The show slowly began to die as characters either left or were killed off e.g. Myra, Reb, Judy etc etc. Lou kept the show interesting during the Barnhurst 5 era and also stopped the show being bogged down by characters like Jessie Whindom D: towards the end.

She was a very cunning and conniving character, but also very funny, and it was always a treat to see how she would react to the top dog of the time i.e. Myra, Nora, or Rita. I would rate her among one of the best characters in the series, and when Myra was killed off, she was the reason I continued to tune in. Excellent character and one of the best on TV.
Old 8th April 2011, 04:14 PM
Cultist in Training

I agree, jlenoconel. Without Lou being around during that time the series would have become very dull indeed. You're right about her being one of the best characters on TV. I have spoken to some people who think she was unbelievable but I believed everything she did and she scared me too!

Probably a good portion of the series budget was spent on hairspray to keep her amazing 80s hairdo in place though!
Old 6th May 2011, 10:59 AM
Cult Addict

On a side note, I would love a Lou Kelly mask. Can you imagine it, with that hair and a really nasty sneer on her face, looking like a rabid dog showing it's teeth. It would scare the bejeezus out of the kids at halloween.
Old 5th June 2011, 03:12 PM
Cult Rookie

I loved everything about the unhinged, psychopath that was Lou Kelly, her riot was the most realistic.
Old 14th June 2011, 06:02 PM
Cult Rookie

great great character, always in the middle of things
Old 22nd June 2011, 08:56 AM
Cult Rookie

Default Lou Kelly Lives

I know Lou officially died, but I think she went into witness protection. About six months ago I saw her having a coffee in a cafe in Flinders Lane. Her hair was red, but there was no doubting who it really was. I didn't want to blow her cover so I did not disturb her.
Old 14th July 2011, 12:36 PM
Cultist in Training

Episodes 600 and 601 show Lou at her very best!
Old 14th July 2011, 09:57 PM
Cult Rookie

You know, I HATED Lou during my first full run, but in subsequent runs, I really have grown to love the character and the passion that Louise S puts into her.

Having watched Loise in The Flying Doctors; two different characters you would not get!!
Old 21st May 2012, 05:31 PM
Cult Rookie

I am also a massive Lou Kelly fan. That scene of her slashing her wrists is like something from a horror movie. I agree that she kept the show going when it was needed. In terms of significance and landmark episodes, the Lou Kelly riot of ep 600 is just behind the great fire eps of 326-327.

I can't swear on here (can I ????), but it makes me SO mad that Lou Kelly did not get the big, brilliant and dramatic exit that she so fully deserved. Instead, they had a lame Z-list character have the great Lou Kelly killed off, OFF SCREEN. SCUMBAGS. I'm not even going to name that 'lame Z-list character' because she does not deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as 'Lou Kelly'.

For me, after Lou left, the series went downhill. They continued introducing one 'lame Z-list character' after another.

Like this? Share it using the links below!