Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Lags & Screws Of Wentworth > The Inmates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th February 2011, 05:16 PM
Cult Rookie

Smile Maxine Daniels

I LOVED Maxine Daniels.

No, I really did!

She was such a wee sweetheart, you just wanted to take her aside and give her a great big cuddle!!

Her exit from the show had me in floods of tears!

Maxine maybe wasn't the most prolific or best known inmate, but she was my fave
Old 16th February 2011, 06:15 PM
Cult Rookie

Agreed!!
Pooooooooooooor Maxie. Her sister was such a bitch!!!
I loved Maxine. Funny, warm, vulnerable... and liked the Rolling Stones.
When I was 16, I wanted a Kawasaki GT500 just like hers
Old 16th February 2011, 07:17 PM
Cultist in Training

You're so right, she was quite an underrated character and I also fill up when her final scenes are shown. I really enjoyed her relationship with tough bikie Tinkerbelle, I thought they became great mates in a short space of time and was genuinely gutted about how she left the series :*(
Old 16th February 2011, 07:24 PM
Cult Rookie

Maxine was a whole heap of trouble, but so adorable with it. Was very sorry when she was written out.

She and Lizzie made a great double-act, too!
Old 22nd February 2011, 04:42 AM
Cult Rookie

Maxine was a solid character and a vital early link to Joan Ferguson's shady past. It might have been nice to see a lot more of their linked past come out in later storylines, but the initial revelation that Maxine had something on Joan was a very clever piece of television. It set Joan and Maxine at loggerheads and set Maxie apart from the other women, too.

Like most other fans, I think, I really hated the way Maxoine left the show. She was far too good a character to be dispatched in so shocking a manner. And yet the character was so well written and beautifully realised by LIsa Crittenden, that her dath did mean something. It certainly reverberated very strongly with me, both at the time and even now whenever I re-watch the episode. Watching the scene where Bea reads out Maxine's letter to a devastated LIzzie I, too, find myself dissolving into tears. For that split moment, we all become LIzzie. We are all shocked and devastated by the loss of a special friend. Truly amazing writing and acting and that we can be moved so deeply by a fictitious character or circumstance shows just how great a character Maxine truly was.
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:27 PM
Cult Rookie

I met someone called Maxine Daniels earlier this week! Thought I'd share.

(I've also met - and indeed worked for - a Neil Murray. Who was rather less likable than his Blocky namesake!)
Old 26th August 2012, 04:41 PM
Cultist

Default pfft...

Not at all a fan of Maxine Daniels...she was too similar to Doreen (my least favourite character in the show's history)...
Old 29th August 2012, 01:05 PM
Cultist

Maxine Daniels was one of my very least favourite inmates in the whole of prisoner history. i understand why many would enjoy her, she did try to be comedic. i even prefered Doreen to Maxine... between her mouth always being flung open, that ridiculous "yeeeah" she would screech in every sentence, her disloyalty to everyone and anyone in that prison and her being a very obvious replacement for Doreen she just annoyed the hell outta me... i do appreciate the comments about how she had something on the freak, that could have been a lot more interesting tho had they chosen to do it a bit differently.
no disrespect to the actress, she did what the directors told her to do presumably, and if that was their vision, she did it well. i seem to be in the minority on this anyway.
my favourite Maxine scene was when Bea had to "teach her a lesson". - that was fun

there were worse characters... Alison Page, Meg Jackson-Morris, Caroline simpson and mother (especially mother) for example.... but Maxine is still way down in my list and no sooner had she been shot dead (and no i didn't spill any tears) but her replacement Bobby is dragged in...

so, no, not a fan of Maxine Daniels

JL

Like this? Share it using the links below!