Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Lags & Screws Of Wentworth > The Inmates
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th March 2011, 02:50 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
But in theory they may think we do already have them in the edna 2-disc dvd release
It would be odd of them not to include these episodes in the boxsets currently being released as would be out of sequence?.. Are they 4 disc sets anyway? I don't know because I bought the Australian boxset. I think that 2-disc Edna release was intended as a treat for UK pris fans who have never watched them uncut. I heard they did not know about the cut in ep470, but anyway its the best we are going to get for now..
Old 17th March 2011, 10:13 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlsut View Post
It would be odd of them not to include these episodes in the boxsets currently being released as would be out of sequence?.. Are they 4 disc sets anyway? I don't know because I bought the Australian boxset. I think that 2-disc Edna release was intended as a treat for UK pris fans who have never watched them uncut. I heard they did not know about the cut in ep470, but anyway its the best we are going to get for now..
They might be essential purchaces as we may indeed get the cut versions.
Old 17th March 2011, 01:24 PM
Cultist in Training

I too would be shocked if these episodes were cut from the DVDs. I was speaking with Coral Drouyn on Facebook who told me some interestng background on this. The legal side of it is, as you'd expect all settled now, but she says money did change hands and she nearly got the sack because of it (obviously she can't go into too much detail). The point is it's so long ago now it's unlikely to affect anyone even by running the story in the current Australian run of the series.

The ironic thing to me is it's such a minor story that I suspect had it not been for the court case and subsequent edits it would have been largely forgotten about. I'm glad it's not though because it is fantastic. I've got so many questions in my head about it. Was Marlene's stomach cramps co-incidental? It looks like she did use the twig to poison the steak, but what is her motive? She doesn't know any of these people. She had motive for murdering her first husband, but not her second, but everything suggests she did it.

All, as I've said, brilliantly portrayed in Vivean's performance.
Old 17th March 2011, 02:36 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Lagger View Post
I too would be shocked if these episodes were cut from the DVDs. I was speaking with Coral Drouyn on Facebook who told me some interestng background on this. The legal side of it is, as you'd expect all settled now, but she says money did change hands and she nearly got the sack because of it (obviously she can't go into too much detail). The point is it's so long ago now it's unlikely to affect anyone even by running the story in the current Australian run of the series.

The ironic thing to me is it's such a minor story that I suspect had it not been for the court case and subsequent edits it would have been largely forgotten about. I'm glad it's not though because it is fantastic. I've got so many questions in my head about it. Was Marlene's stomach cramps co-incidental? It looks like she did use the twig to poison the steak, but what is her motive? She doesn't know any of these people. She had motive for murdering her first husband, but not her second, but everything suggests she did it.

All, as I've said, brilliantly portrayed in Vivean's performance.
Very well put and some interesting facts there PL. After reading that, it's whetted my appetite to see the dvd even more.
Old 17th March 2011, 02:51 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Very well put and some interesting facts there PL. After reading that, it's whetted my appetite to see the dvd even more.
Just read a old thead post on Wentworth Forum about this - Edna did have a motive for killing Marlene - if she thought Marlene had picked up on her comments about men being so stupid they'll believe anything. Clearly she would not have been aware that Marlene was too thick herself to pick up on her slip of the tongue.

My advice - don't wait for the boxsets - get the special DVDs from Amazon - there's so much to talk about!! Including 'Nice Joan'
Old 17th March 2011, 03:05 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Lagger View Post

My advice - don't wait for the boxsets - get the special DVDs from Amazon - there's so much to talk about!! Including 'Nice Joan'
I might just have to do that.

Like this? Share it using the links below!