Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Lags & Screws Of Wentworth > The Inmates
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th March 2011, 08:09 AM
Cultist in Training

Default Edna Pearson

Just ordered myself this DVD boxset. It'll be interesting to see this story in it's entirety. Love Vivean Gray. She was of course Mrs Mangel in Neighbours, and damn good she was too.

I wonder if she'll be on screen with the red chairs she'd later nick and place in her house on Ramsay Street.

A Fantastic actress who got a raw deal from the public just for being good at what she does.
Old 15th March 2011, 09:55 AM
Cult Addict

I've been reading up on this release and I didn't realise that so much had been cut out of the show reguarding this plot. Was it cut when Prisoner came to air over here? I have vague memories of seeing her in it, but I may be thinking of somebody completely different.
Old 15th March 2011, 10:15 AM
Cultist in Training

No I think you're right. How much was cut seems to vary from region to region, and in some areas she appeared and disappeared with very little explanation. Clearly though it was a big story and it's good that it exists in it's entirety.
Old 15th March 2011, 10:29 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Lagger View Post
No I think you're right. How much was cut seems to vary from region to region, and in some areas she appeared and disappeared with very little explanation. Clearly though it was a big story and it's good that it exists in it's entirety.
I'm really looking forward to (hopefully!) seeing her now. I don't think I will go for the single dvd, too far ahead in the time line for me. Something to look forward to.
Old 15th March 2011, 01:47 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
I'm really looking forward to (hopefully!) seeing her now. I don't think I will go for the single dvd, too far ahead in the time line for me. Something to look forward to.
well on the oz dvds the whole thing is cut out..then the special 2 disc release here in the uk has the cut in episode 470..and some of the episodes picture quality seems bad to me
the uk release was meant to be exactly the same as the oz release so no idea if they will be cut when those episodes come around
and also 471 isnt on the 2 disc release which is also cut on the oz release..but you can get it uncut on a USA best of boxset volume 2

It's so hard trying to explain all this lol
Old 15th March 2011, 04:16 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
well on the oz dvds the whole thing is cut out..then the special 2 disc release here in the uk has the cut in episode 470..and some of the episodes picture quality seems bad to me
the uk release was meant to be exactly the same as the oz release so no idea if they will be cut when those episodes come around
and also 471 isnt on the 2 disc release which is also cut on the oz release..but you can get it uncut on a USA best of boxset volume 2

It's so hard trying to explain all this lol
That is interesting. I do hope that we are able to get the full uncut versions in the UK. Hopefully the masters will be uncut and if they are I can't see the BBFC having any problems. It would be a shame to be deprived of a character played by such a great actress.
Old 15th March 2011, 04:20 PM
Cultist

the point i was making though was that they always said the same masters would be used for the uk release
and as they have released the uncut episodes already in the uk (even though one episode isn't uncut) they may not feel a need to put the uncut ones again on the boxset with those episodes in whenever it comes out
so in theory those episodes have already passed the BBFC
Old 15th March 2011, 04:28 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
the point i was making though was that they always said the same masters would be used for the uk release
and as they have released the uncut episodes already in the uk (even though one episode isn't uncut) they may not feel a need to put the uncut ones again on the boxset with those episodes in whenever it comes out
so in theory those episodes have already passed the BBFC
If that is the case then it is a shame. I think all we can do is keep our fingers crossed that we manage to get them.
Old 15th March 2011, 04:32 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
If that is the case then it is a shame. I think all we can do is keep our fingers crossed that we manage to get them.
But in theory they may think we do already have them in the edna 2-disc dvd release
Old 15th March 2011, 04:45 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
But in theory they may think we do already have them in the edna 2-disc dvd release
Well' I'm going to have to back-track on myself and invest in them then. Cheers for the heads-up!

Like this? Share it using the links below!