Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The Inmates (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Queen Bea (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/inmates/5220-queen-bea.html)

prisonerjohn 6th April 2011 03:56 PM

Queen Bea

The show's very first top dog.

For me, a lot of Bea's storylines were quite strong and powerful (rather like the woman herself), such as the Amnesia and the episode 352 escape plots. I enjoy the 'later' Bea episodes (around 190 to the late 300s) much more that the material from where the show is still 'finding its feet' as it were.

Bea's constant battle with Joan Ferguson wasn't only a long-running story, but also very gripping. From their feud sparking such events as 'the Great Fire' through to Fergie arranging Bea's last ever transfer to Barnhurst, where the top dog meets her maker during a massive riot.

Many thanks to the ever-wonderful Val Lehman for bringing such a superb character to our screens!

mr 420 6th May 2011 11:03 AM

I'm enjoying the change of demeanour in her after the cave-in in the tunnel. It shows that everybody has a breaking point, no matter how hard they appear on the outside. Plus, it makes her character a lot more rounded. No more angry honey monster I hope!

Mark 5th June 2011 03:13 PM

She's also good when she suffers amnesia, it shows a different side to her again and gives us a glimpse of what she was like before she entered wentworth.

Robert 19th June 2011 02:00 PM

I also prefer the later Bea...Who could argue that Donna overdosing in her arms was so greatly acted by Val..along with many other moments of this era!

destroyrobots 29th June 2011 02:07 PM

i think val lehman portrays her wonderfully. i've seen her outside of prisoner on australian tv, and it's quite obvious she slips into her roles with ease.

she manages to play bea so naturally.

prisonerjohn 21st August 2011 01:02 AM

Has anyone been watching any memorable Bea episodes lately?

I finished watching episode 312 yesterday. Barbara Fields has been ordered by Ferguson to inform her of any details about Bea's apparent dealings with Steve Fawkner.

Judging by the speed I'm working through them, I should get to the great fire episodes some time in October.

ChrissyJM 26th February 2012 11:12 PM

Beatrice Alice Smith was Amazing. Personally think that Prisoner lost something when the character was transferred to Barnhurst, however I continued to watch and still loved it until the end.

Anyhow the Bea & Nola feud is probably one of my favourite story lines ( I have just watched the "Teach Maxie a lesson" episode and think Val Lehman's acting was first class, as like so many others, including the amnesia story line.
I have noticed that when I started watching PCBH I didn't take much notice of the acting, but watching it again I realise how fantastic these ladies are! Can't wait to meet Val in March 😁