Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The Inmates (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   chrissie lathem (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/inmates/6003-chrissie-lathem.html)

chapelhalldoll 25th June 2011 11:26 PM

chrissie lathem

chrissie is one of my fav charachters not a very nice person in the beggining as she killed meg jacksons husband bill but as her charachter developed she mellowed after have her daughter elizabeth,chrissie had a tough time from the women never fitting in always getting into trouble but mostly bringing it on herself but for me a loved how her and bea got closer as the series progressed and became enemies to friends to me chrissies finest episodes where when she returned to the show in 1982 from bashings from the freak the great wentworth fire nearly getting killed by dr neil murray and the concert love you chrissie xxxx

destroyrobots 29th June 2011 02:04 PM

in australia, the rebroadcast is upto episode 78 at the moment, so her and queen bea are still at eachothers throats.

i honestly didnt think she'd be the sort of person to keep her baby.

2010kingy 3rd July 2012 05:12 PM

I agree i didnt like chrissie at first as with a lot of the inmates but i warmed very quickly to chrissie. I think when she had elizabeth she changed her personality for the good . Felt really sorry for her when she had to sign over her baby to her brother she really loved that little girl.

The~Governor 4th July 2012 09:19 AM

I too enjoyed Chrissie's final stint in Wentworth the most.

Actress, Amanda Muggleton has herself stated that this was her favourite time in the show.

The bashing from The Freak, the Great Fire and the Neil Murray episodes were amongst some of the very finest in the serial's history.

It was a standout period in Prisoner's history and Chrissie contributed greatly to it.

In fact, her last stint in the show was never bettered by anything that came post her exit IMHO.

Heffnersheri48 5th August 2012 04:57 PM

Chrissie Latham

I thought Amanda was great in all her performances as Chrissie, from episode 3 up until her last ones with Joan Ferguson. Has she got her own website? :clap:

ScottishMermaid 26th August 2012 04:05 PM

Loved Chrissie. A classic example of the character really being so good because of the person playing her. I wish she was in it much longer.

jamie_leigh44 29th August 2012 01:28 PM

Chrissie Latham was and remains to be my very very favourite character in prisoner history. why was her shirt always so much shorter than anyone else's? lol, her accent was hilarious too "'ere, who you calling new girl?" she stirred up trouble and had quite the schizophrenic temper! she should have come back from barnhurst with the barnhurst 5... and how did she get out of prison so soon after murdering bill Jackson? she should have done us all a favour back then n killed her intended victim... it was also through Chrissie that we saw the Joanies first real wrath... sure Dooor got "molested" by the black gloves... but it was nothing like Chrissie's punishment for making Joanie "lose her temper". Chrissie was always on the side of Chrissie, trying to seduce men and women alike to get what she wanted... lol... Fabulous!

Amanda Muggleton seems to be a very down to earth and lovely person. all interviews and clips i've seen of her show her to be funny and friendly. a truly great character and a truly great actress who was in the show for way too short a time...

very much missed and very much loved and my favourite all time prisoner.

JL

Heffnersheri48 29th August 2012 11:33 PM

Chrissie Latham

You're right. I always wondered why she got out so soon also. Plus I was hoping she would have came in with the Barnhurst 5 also. Maybe she got out and was reunited with Elizabeth? :)

jamie_leigh44 31st August 2012 12:44 PM

I'd like to think there was a happy ending for Chrissie, but there was still so much they could have done with the character, and so much trouble she could have been part of i guess its no use in complaining now that the shows over, but they missed a few good tricks by not having reappearances from several good characters like Chrissie and Vera.

I would have loved to see, even a cameo of Bea turning up at barnhurst and vera standing there with that infamous smirk on her face, knowing that now Vera was in control of a prisoner she always wanted to be... :) i'm just sadistic like that ;) afterall, we got to see bea there before for a couple episodes.

in fact at one point in the show there were more interesting characters at barnhurst than there were in wentworth, a spin off could have been great, with crossovers.

JL

Heffnersheri48 2nd September 2012 04:50 PM

Chrissie Latham

Yes it would. I think they could remake Prisoner now, With Vera as Governor and Meg Morris as Lieutenant Governor. They could also have Rita come visit because she was cured of her Hodgkins, and Kath Maxwell just getting out. And have Chrissie come visit also. Marty could also be a screw.:cool: