Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Lags & Screws Of Wentworth > The Inmates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th August 2012, 04:26 PM
Cultist

Default PIXIE MASON

Well, she and Bea are my equal favourite inmates of all time but since she has no thread of her own..I am starting one!

When she first arrived, I thought oh no, I am going to hate her. How wrong I was! As soon as she arrived and casually said 'hello' to Coleen, I loved her. Coleen's reaction was hilarious. Then there was her trying to convince staff she was insane....the pouring the non-existant tea out for Ann actually had me in tears with laughter. Ann going along with it made it even funnier...LOL!!!

Poor Pixie though...after what that horrible Burke did to her! I was so sad when that happened...why didn't they get her out of Ingleside? They made sure Merle was taken back, and Loreli but neither Pixie or Cass Parker were quite so lucky! Fantastic character who should have had a much longer spell!!
Old 22nd November 2012, 06:10 PM
Cultist

she was searching through all the inmates food, convinced there were weevils...

JL
Old 23rd November 2012, 02:03 PM
Cultist

hahahahahahaha....she was so cute. Can't wait to get round to her again...got less than a hundred episodes until we meet again!
Old 23rd November 2012, 03:07 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishMermaid View Post
( Fantastic character who should have had a much longer spell!!
I believe the reason she was written out though is because actress, Judy McBurney decided to the quit the serial.

I don't think the producers wanted to lose the character.

Apparently, before leaving for the final time the Sydney based actress had already quit the serial on a no. of occasions because she did not like having to live in a motel during filming at Nunawading although she was eventually persuaded to reprise the role after some time off.

That's the real reason why in the storyline Pixie was released from Wentworth at least once and also why the writers had her inadvertantly escaping from Wentworth (albeit that Pixie did not realise this) with one of her former husbands.
Old 23rd November 2012, 10:29 PM
Cultist

Yes, I thought it may have been something like that. She was definitely missed when she left. I hear there was also talk of her getting her own wee spin-off show but it never actually went ahead....likely just as well as I imagine it would probably have been terrible...LOL. I loved her of course...but a show revolving around her...I am not sure it would have been quite as good.
Old 24th November 2012, 12:37 AM
Cultist

she wasn't missed by me when she went
Old 24th November 2012, 12:43 AM
Cultist

I take it you aren't a fan? lol.
Old 24th November 2012, 12:50 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishMermaid View Post
I take it you aren't a fan? lol.
actually I don't hate her or anything but just wasn't bothered she had gone - and I thought it was a good leaving story
we never got to see Pixie play out proper harrowing stuff (until this) which is generally the high points of prisoner for me. i didn't watch prisoner for comedy, not that I am complaining it had some because that represents real life
Old 24th November 2012, 01:20 AM
Cultist

Ah right. I actually love it equally for the drama and the comedy. I think the drama is in itself quite comedic, even when it wasn't trying to be, LOL.
Old 21st January 2013, 08:21 PM
Cult Rookie

I kinda agree I was not a huge Pixie fan but I did not hate the character. She never once got bashed by the other women even though she would have done in a real prison and apart from Frank Bourke she never in any real danger. Liked Judy's story with her it was very sweet. But all in all was not too sad to see her go. I was more sad at Cass's departure actually.

Like this? Share it using the links below!