Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2014
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th July 2014, 05:07 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Enemies Closer - 25th July 2014 - FINISHED

Hi everyone,

To celebrate the new DVD and Blu-ray release of the excellent Van Damme action film, Enemies Closer we're giving away three copies! Here's how to win...

Enemies Closer

There Is No Safety In This Forest

Jean-Claude Van Damme is reunited with legendary filmmaker Peter Hyams (Timecop; Sudden Death) for a rare villainous turn even more gleefully deranged than his role in The Expendables 2!

Key talent:

Jean-Claude Van Damme (Kickboxer; Timecop; The Expendables 2)

Peter Hyams, Director (Timecop; End of Days; Sudden Death)

Orlando Jones (Sleepy Hollow; Evolution)

Tom Everett Scott (Southland; Tanner Hall)

Synopsis:

After a major shipment of drugs goes missing on the US-Canadian border, forest ranger and former Navy SEAL Henry is plunged into survival mode when the drug cartel, led by the ruthless killer Xander (Van Damme), forces him to help retrieve the downed package. Trapped in the wilderness with no communication to the outside world, Henry finds himself face to face with Clay (Orlando Jones), a man with a personal vendetta against Henry who has returned for retribution. Now, the two mortal enemies must make a choice: put aside their past and work together, or die alone at the hands of Xander and his ruthless gang who will stop at nothing to retrieve their lost cargo.

You'll Love It Because...

The Expendables 2
taught us the “Muscles from Brussels” can play a damn fine villain with ease and now he’s back on top barbarous form as the brilliantly eccentric drug smuggler Xander! The fact that Peter Hyams also sits in the director’s chair makes Enemies Closer a must watch for every single action fan out there, ever!

It left us shouting “Jean Claude Van-DAY’UM that was epic!” after watching this high-octane action-thriller from the legendary double team. Flawlessly encapsulating his flair for high flying kicks at breakneck speed and deadpan comedy, Enemies Closer is Van Damme at his all-time best in the hands of an action director honing his craft to perfection.

Jean-Claude Van Damme's frantic new action film, ENEMIES CLOSER comes to DVD and Blu-ray 21st July 2014. Pre-order yours from here.

---------------------------------

TO WIN:

Jean-Claude Van Damme is known for his impressive splits. So, we've split the faces of 9 famous action stars and blended them into three pictures. All you have to do is work out the three action film actors from the below images - there's three in each.

Then, simply Private Message me your answers. The 3 people who get the most correct by the end of this competition will win a copy of the new film!

Easy peasy...

Forgive the terrible images!

Good luck everyone,

Kyle
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 31st July 2014, 11:29 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I should better skip this one, as I detest JCVD with a passion (so here is an offer: If there are more contestants than prices, skip me, if there are not, you may as well pick me ;-))

But I wanna give it a try anyhow, check your mailbox, Kyle...
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 31st July 2014, 10:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

That last pic - surely it's just Chuck Norris?

If anyone suggests i might have given that one away perhaps shouldn't be on the thread.
Old 1st August 2014, 08:13 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
That last pic - surely it's just Chuck Norris?

If anyone suggests i might have given that one away perhaps shouldn't be on the thread.
Cheers Demdike!

That was the only one I was missing!
Old 1st August 2014, 10:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedorca View Post
Cheers Demdike!

That was the only one I was missing!
Naughty boy Kyle - that's cheating (or couldn't you be arsed to do anymore?) lol
Old 1st August 2014, 10:45 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
Naughty boy Kyle - that's cheating (or couldn't you be arsed to do anymore?) lol
Ha! Don't be fooled by Dem, BOF - there's definitely three action stars in that one. I guess nobody can overshadow Chuck Norris!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 1st August 2014, 01:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

9? Oh, I should get glasses then I only sent you 2 for each picture, which I still think is safe enough for not winning But this intrigues me, I think I spotted a #3 in the second picture, hmmmh... but the rest... Maybe there will be another PM if I solve the other 2...
Old 2nd August 2014, 11:55 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Hi all! Just to say that this competition has now closed. I'll be going through the entries in just a sec and will announce the three lucky winners shortly.

Good luck to all those who entered!
Rik likes this.
Old 2nd August 2014, 12:20 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Right, I've added up the scores and we have three very well-deserving winners! So, without further ado, a big congratulations to...

Bedorca

Nordicdusk

Who both managed to get ALL 9 answers correct! Very impressive indeed!

Rik - who got a grand total of 7/9 correct.

Congratulations guys, the new Van Damme flick is now all yours. Just let me know if you'd prefer the DVD or the Blu-ray and I'll see what we have in stock. There's no guarentee you'll get your prefered choice, as it all depends what's in stock, but it should be okay

But what were the 9 correct answers? Well....

1)

Bruce Willis
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Clint Eastwood

2)

Dolph Lundgren
Bruce Lee
Danny Trejo

3)

Chuck Norris
Jean Claude Van Damme
Sylvester Stallone

A HUGE thank you to all those who entered this week, and a big 'well done' to those who won.

A new competition will be launched shortly, that's a must for Troma fans...

Kyle
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 2nd August 2014, 12:25 PM
Cult Master

YOU KNOW IT

Thanks a million Kyle and well done to the other two winners. I'll take a Blu Ray if possible either way I'm happy with what ever I get. Thanks again

Like this? Share it using the links below!