Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2014
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th October 2014, 08:18 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Halloween Comp #3 - Sinister - FINISHED

Hi everyone,

Halloween is quickly approaching and soon the Gates of Hell will erupt open as the evil that lurks within our shadows take over for one night only! Prepare yourself... with some horror competitions!

Today's prize is the excellent modern horror, Sinister. A favourite of mine, if you haven't seen it you're in for a real treat! If you have seen it, well then this prize would make a perfect gift for someone you know.

Here are all the details for today's Halloween competition...

---------

Halloween Competition #3:
Sinister

From the producer of “Insidious” and “Paranormal Activity”, the horror box office smash that terrified cinemagoers and critics alike in 2012 comes to DVD and Blu-ray. Can you, dare you #SurviveSINISTER in your own home?

Key talent:

Producer Jason Blum (Insidious; Paranormal Activity1, 2 and 3), co-writer/director Scott Derrickson (The Day The Earth Stood Still; The Exorcism Of Emily Rose; Hellraiser: Inferno) and stars Ethan Hawke (Daybreakers; Assault On Precinct 13; Before Sunset), Vincent D’Onofrio (Chained; Staten Island; Brooklyn’s Finest), James Ransome (Treme; Generation Kill; Prom Night) and Fred Dalton Thompson (Law & Order).

Synopsis:

Desperately in need of a best seller to revive his struggling career, true crime writer Ellison (Ethan Hawke), moves his family to the scene of his most recent story; the unsolved, gruesome murder of a loving, happy suburban family.

Shunned by the local community and strained by his obligations to his family, the discovery of a batch of home movies in the attic offers Ellison shocking proof to the crime he is investigating. Ellison notices the same unidentified figure appearing in each of the 8mm films, leaving him convinced that all the incidents are linked by a truly bizarre connection. As his investigations uncover the terrifying truth he starts to lose his grip on reality and it soon becomes clear that he is placing his own family in harm’s way.
You'll Love It Because...

It’s like “8MM” meets “The Shining” meets “Insidious”. A supremely creepy horror, full of dread, shocking images and almost unbearable tension, this one is pretty much guaranteed to give audiences nightmares. It also features a superb central performance by Ethan Hawke.

Hot Quotes:

“The scariest movie since Blair Witch… this year’s horror sensation.” (Five Stars) – Daily Mirror.

“Genuinely horrifying.” (Five Stars) – Daily Mail.

“It’s the scariest film of the year… will leave you shaking.” (Four Stars) – Sunday Mirror.

“Trust us, you’ve never going to sleep again… The horror event of the year.” – Kerrang!

“Petrifying. The stuff of nightmares.” – Shortlist.

“Compelling and unnerving.” – Total Film.

“Creepy.” – The Mail On Sunday.

“The most terrifying film of the year.” – Kiss FM.

“Pulse-quickeningly petrifying… one seriously spooky, spine-chiller of a film.” – Zoo.

“One of the most memorable horror films of the year.” – Dread Central.

Special Features:

Director's Commentary

Commentary with Writers Scott Derrickson and C. Robert Cargill

True Crime Authors Feature

Living in a House of Death Feature

Fear Experiment

Trailer

---------------------------------

To Enter This Halloween Competition...

It's time to get creative for Halloween! To enter this competition, all you have to do is come up with the most terrifying story you can think of. The catch? It can only be two sentences long!

So, whats the scariest story you can tell in two sentences?

Something like this classic...

The last man on Earth sat alone in his house. There was a knock at the door.

It can be silly or genuinely terrifying!

One lucky winner will be selected tomorrow and will bag themselves a copy of Sinister on DVD or Blu-ray.

Good luck everyone!

Kyle
Old 20th October 2014, 09:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I woke in a poorly lit interview room, my left hand chained to the desk - the first of two police officers said 'you're awake just in time for the fun'. The two officers turned to each other and began to laugh as they pulled gas mask's over their faces, i saw they had name badges before i passed out again, they read... MTDS... RON...
Old 20th October 2014, 09:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The gentle whisper of my wife calling my name, just as her coffin was lowered into the ground.......:zombiegrave:
Demdike@Cult Labs and Vipp like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th October 2014, 11:23 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
I woke in a poorly lit interview room, my left hand chained to the desk - the first of two police officers said 'you're awake just in time for the fun'. The two officers turned to each other and began to laugh as they pulled gas mask's over their faces, i saw they had name badges before i passed out again, they read... MTDS... RON...
Hey, it's post a scary story, not post your sexual fantasies...
Old 21st October 2014, 06:25 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Hey, it's post a scary story, not post your sexual fantasies...
Mate you win the internet. ALL of my ideas on responding to that statement make it seem like im desperately trying to cover up a warped fantasy. Haha.
Old 21st October 2014, 09:16 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default Halloween Comp #3 - Sinister

I run down the stairs after hearing the "Chap Chap" on the door as the postman tried to deliver me my internet ordered dvd fix. I pick up the handwritten note he placed through the letterbox and my heart skips a beat as I listen to the grind, humm and crash of the bin lorry outside- "Parcel left in blue bin".
Vipp likes this.

Last edited by MuckyFunster; 21st October 2014 at 09:45 AM.
Old 21st October 2014, 09:44 AM
Cult Master

My penis I can't find my PENIS AAAAAAHHHH.
Old 21st October 2014, 09:48 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
My penis I can't find my PENIS AAAAAAHHHH.
Sorry I taught I was posting in the what makes you go bananas thread.

I already own Sinister so don't count my entry
Old 21st October 2014, 11:35 AM
Cult Acolyte

As I looked around the dark room I could see a shadow of a man coming towards me and I thought - no it's my death knell. It came closer then it turned out to be Nordicdusk wanting to feel me up which was the real nightmare.
Old 21st October 2014, 12:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Trapped alone in the confines of an old test facility, there was no means of escape. Then, from the end of a darkened corridor, a fart echoed...

Like this? Share it using the links below!