Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Manhattan Baby (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   SHAM008 - Manhattan Baby (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/manhattan-baby/122-sham008-manhattan-baby.html)

RobbieD 20th January 2008 04:33 PM

Manhattan Baby Cover

Haven't seen the cover posted here but it's at Dvdtimes http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=66804

Quite like this one, nice and blue. :cool:

bedorca 20th January 2008 04:37 PM

That Manhattan cover is ace! How come we didn't see it here first? ;)

Almar@Cult Labs 20th January 2008 04:44 PM

Actually because it's not the final cover (that and I forget stuff!) The actual sleeve will be very similar - a few monir changes to tagline, positioning etc but I'm waiting on a final draft for you good people. Meanwhile we had to release an earlier draft.

RobbieD 20th January 2008 04:47 PM

Oops! :o I think it looks great already so any changes can only be for the better!

Almar@Cult Labs 20th January 2008 04:49 PM

Well I hope so! I'll get hold of the finished sleeve tomorrow and subject it to y'all! 100% No sluts or whores guarantee with this one! :)

Sarah@Cult Labs 20th January 2008 09:48 PM

I really like that one so I hope the finished one isn't too different. It looks ace. It's one of my favourite trailers on the Shameless trailer reel too - only surpassed by Venus In Furs which wins by a hair because of the cheesy voice over! :jest:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st January 2008 10:06 PM

Sorry to be an arse,but i prefer the poster artwork for this,is it reversible?

Almar@Cult Labs 21st January 2008 10:17 PM

You know every night I go to bed weeping pulling the tatters of thousands of sleeve drafts over my shivering body until finally a fitful sleep takes over until the early dawn casts yet more hateful rays upon the sleeves I weep blood to create... :(

Yes there will be a reversible sleeve and I'll post it up soon as I 'ave it. :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st January 2008 10:20 PM

Don't be disheartened mate,the MAIN thing is that ur giving us collectors reversible sleeves,thus giving us a choice,which is a LOT more than can be said about other genre labels;)

Almar@Cult Labs 21st January 2008 10:32 PM

I'm only kidding. i wish I'd stuck to my guns and given you lot reversible sleeves since the beginning.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st January 2008 10:32 PM

Right,that's another abus title to go on sale on amazon....that big yellow section on my shelves sure is going to grow:p

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st January 2008 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless (Post 1076)
I'm only kidding. i wish I'd stuck to my guns and given you lot reversible sleeves since the beginning.

ALL titles have been bought since the begining m8,so I wouldn't worry too much;)

Almar@Cult Labs 21st January 2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 1077)
Right,that's another abus title to go on sale on amazon....that big yellow section on my shelves sure is going to grow:p

And it's appreciated! Early verdicts on picture and sound quality are good so it should be a safe swap! :popcorn:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st January 2008 10:39 PM

SHAMELESS is the future of british genre releases in the uk!The effort that is being made here is stupendous.....everyone SHOULD double dip as the pic quality is usually FAR superior.......I've had the abus release of MANHATTAN BABY for 5 years and never watched it,but I'll gladly get rid of and buy this release.....

Almar@Cult Labs 23rd January 2008 01:34 PM

SHAM008 - Manhattan Baby

Continuing on with this new rather organised system :cool: of discussing titles and allowing you to feedback on our artwork here is what you'll get for Manhattan Baby. Do be warned that we have to release imagery early to net retailers (so they have something to peddle) so these can turn out to be wrong. What you see here is what you'll get.

Right our Manhattan Baby front sleeve packshot:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...BabySleeve.jpg

and on the reverse:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...erseSleeve.jpg

RobbieD 23rd January 2008 02:47 PM

I LOVE the top one and the tagline!! Can't wait to see this.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd January 2008 08:30 PM

Top one's ok,but the original bottom is still cool....selling the abus version on amazon.......but the coolest thing is-we want a change on our shelves,we reverse the cover......****ing superb folks!:cool:;)

Sarah@Cult Labs 24th January 2008 09:57 AM

Really hate to point this out (feel like a horrible know-it-all) but do you know there's a typo on "little" in the tagline on the first cover? It's been written "litte".

Other than that the covers are both ace. Love the artwork on the reverse side! Absolutely wicked! :coolblue:

Almar@Cult Labs 24th January 2008 09:59 AM

Thanks Sarah! Yeah that'll be german or something!

We'll fix that for future stock so get buying this one as it'll become a rarity!

Sarah@Cult Labs 24th January 2008 10:03 AM

Cool. I'll wait a couple of years and then flog it on eBay for millions of pounds!

...Or maybe not...

Jonny 1st February 2008 10:06 PM

Looking through some stuff tonight and found a lobby card signed by Brigita Bocoll... No idea where I got it!!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...abyBBocoll.jpg

Almar@Cult Labs 1st February 2008 10:31 PM

That is one freaky freaky picture!

That would have been nice to have that on the DVD - 'click here for something scary'

Mojo 22nd April 2008 09:02 PM

I like this Fulci. I mean, I know it doesn't make any sense whatsoever, but the 'feel' of it reminds me of Fulci's glory days.

By the way, I had the ABUS disc, but upgraded it to the Shameless release - the picture quality is much better, believe me. Another Shameless success! :)

JAMIOUSE 23rd April 2008 06:27 PM

I've been waiting for someone to say the picture quality of the Shameless release is better than Anchor Bays. When the Zavvi promotion starts I think I'll be picking it up. :D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd April 2008 07:10 PM

I have a spare one unopened for trade if you like,amazon cocked up my order with Ratman....not really fussed what you've got .....if you're interested pm me.....btw,I got rid of ABUS version in favour of the Shameless one,sharper picture,I reckon...

Peter Neal 24th April 2008 07:48 PM

Manhattan Baby

The recent "Shameless" release finally convinced me to give this Fulci a go.
I've been basically avoiding this due to probably one of the worst choices of a title for a horror movie I've ever come across, because - for real! -what could you really expect from a film dubbed "Manhattan Baby"? A comedy? A drama? Some softsex bore for late night tv? Or may be a mix of one or two or all of the before mentioned options?
Surely enough, it's not what you'd most liley expect from the director of "New York Ripper", but it certainly offers an interesting challenge to the viewer:
"Are you into Fulci solely for the gore, or do you really appreciate the maestro's unique brand of atmosphere?"....that's the question you'll probably find the answer to while watching "Manhattan Baby".
It doesn't really make any less sense than the likes of "The Beyond" (with which this shares huge amounts of its soundtrack) or "The House By the Cemetary" (Hell, it even gives you another appearance of "Bob", but with a slightly less annoying dubing voice), but it cuts back heavily on the splatter front. There's basically only one typical Fulci-esque gore set piece including some bird action of the vicious kind.
Still, it oozes with THAT special breed of mood only Fulci could create at the height of his commercial "Spaghetti Splatter" period, including those creepy blind eyes you learned to fear in "The Beyond" and a wealth of musical tunes and sound effects from other Fulci faves.
You'll probably not rewatch it as often as ZFE etc, but "Manhattan Baby" is just the right kind of medicine when you'd like to get a piece of early 80's Italian genre magic, but could do without the excessive gore and violence for an hour or two.

mark meakin 25th April 2008 04:31 PM

Not one of his best but it's certainly far better than Anaegma & Demonia.Entertainment On Video released this during the period where their releases had fantastic cover artwork notably the sleeves of The New Barbarians & Bronx Warrior films.

siccoyote 26th April 2008 02:24 PM

Anyone got a comparison between the two releases? Just wondering.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th July 2008 06:09 PM

Finally watched this last night.I could never get into it when I had the ABUS disc,but kudos to Shameless on a pristine print,I found the picture much clearer and brighter -far more pleasurable on the eye than the ab version.:cool:

bedorca 8th July 2008 08:31 PM

Thats the spirit Reaps...............proper Yellow follower :woot:

Pete 17th April 2009 06:13 AM

Seeing as MB was submitted to the bbfc 4 years ago does that mean Shameless was planned to start much earlier?

vincenzo 17th April 2009 08:20 AM

Snuff was submitted (by Blue Underground) 6 years ago and has yet to make an appearance.

Almar@Cult Labs 17th April 2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 25800)
Seeing as MB was submitted to the bbfc 4 years ago does that mean Shameless was planned to start much earlier?

Not Shameless per se but probably as an Argent release. Probably to their eternal regret when they asked me for my opinion Shameless was born which will be about three years ago in June '09.

Sarah@Cult Labs 21st October 2010 08:04 AM

New trailer for Manhattan Baby!

To celebrate the release of Fulci's Box of Terror, Shameless have created a brand spanking new trailer for Manhattan Baby. The trailer is a vast improvement on the old one, in my humble opinion, but fear not! The film still looks completely batty!

Sargento 9th March 2011 09:53 PM

Hey I have just noticed, I have the MB version with the "Litte" spelling mistake. Oooh collectors item! :lol: Bought it off ebay the other day for about £2.90 ... mind you anyone who wasn't a fan of Fulci would be glad to give it away I would think! Bonkers mad it is!!!

Almar@Cult Labs 10th March 2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 134332)
Hey I have just noticed, I have the MB version with the "Litte" spelling mistake. Oooh collectors item! :lol: Bought it off ebay the other day for about £2.90 ... mind you anyone who wasn't a fan of Fulci would be glad to give it away I would think! Bonkers mad it is!!!

You'll find a good few titles with one little mistake lurking. I think that's all improved since I stopped getting involved!

Sargento 10th March 2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 134386)
You'll find a good few titles with one little mistake lurking. I think that's all improved since I stopped getting involved!

Oh Almar, don't put yourself down ... you may have just made me a millionaire .. or not.

:rolleyes:

damek 10th March 2011 11:48 AM

I kinda like this movie

Almar@Cult Labs 10th March 2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 134404)
Oh Almar, don't put yourself down ... you may have just made me a millionaire .. or not.

:rolleyes:

Yeah... probably not...

Almar@Cult Labs 10th March 2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damek (Post 134429)
I kinda like this movie

It makes no sense but it's got atmosphere aplenty! :eek: