Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation > Censorship

Like Tree1188Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th October 2014, 03:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Is that all you've got to say Boo, surely not!
It's a bad thing.

I believe this is in southern Aussie Land and only in a couple of shops but how stupid is that?
Old 11th October 2014, 04:10 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Yep that is true.
I been on here for 5 yrs log in most days and time to time like everyone else bantered each other , I've had one or two apologise if they thought they offended me, which they didn't.
Now im a adult so technically I know difference from someone bantering even if calling me names and swearing , than someone having a go at . even tho it is harder to really tell difference on text form than seeing them face to face. But I'm not easily offended anyway.
In all the years I've been on here I've never fell out with anyone even due to banter and never had a mod get in touch with me in anyway shape or form for being out off order except once when I posted something about the world, only to mention football a no no.
To cut a long story short ( bit late now the long story been said)
We are all adults and show know what's acceptable and what's not or at least we should.
But at same time what might be acceptable to one person might not to another .
Either way of all films forums I've been on this is by far in my opinion the best and friendliest.
And loads of other forums I find a lot don't particular like new people or just argue bicker insult each other than answer the Q? That's someone might raise ..or call someone because they have different opinions on a film.

So keep up the good work and I'm glad to be a member on the friendliest film forum I've come across.

PS I'll pm one of the mods for my free surprise for arse licking about this forum
You can forget that.

You've a thirty day infraction ban coming your way for keep mentioning the F word.
Old 11th October 2014, 05:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
You can forget that.

You've a thirty day infraction ban coming your way for keep mentioning the F word.
And he mentioned f**TB**l to .I just realized i thought you meant ****,er i mean F**K
Make Them Die Slowly and Vipp like this.
Old 11th October 2014, 05:59 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Australia take their censorship seriously...Really??
Censorship in Australia - Imgur
That's not censorship though is it? It's classification, accounting for the law etc like buying alcohol or whatever. And yes Boo, there *is* a difference!

EDIT: oh, are we talking about the hiding of the covers? Can't imagine that's the point of what they're doing?
Old 13th November 2014, 06:02 PM
Seasoned Cultist

"ANONYMOUS: Video Nasties and Message to Censorship Supporters in the UK."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STc8...ature=youtu.be
Old 13th November 2014, 10:57 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
"ANONYMOUS: Video Nasties and Message to Censorship Supporters in the UK."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STc8...ature=youtu.be
Hmmmm... helpful

Fact is the BBFC ratings have become increasingly liberal down the years (a few years ago who would have thought Last House would ever be released uncut?) and if anything these days the general mood is swinging towards 'more' censorship (although this is usually of the internet rather than home videos).

Since most Hollywood films are carefully tuned to meet the requirements of an R-Rating (ie. plenty of blood but strictly no female nipples), surely the MPAA would be a far more relevant target for this sort of campaign.
PaulD likes this.
Old 13th November 2014, 11:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Depends on how you look at it but the MPAA have already came under fire from the Anonymous Branch in the US (many, many, many times), so thats already covered.

I contacted some people in the group and got them into my new Censor Fighting Collective to go against this whole sort of censorship thing (Project Crush the Censor was my idea) however the way they choose to go about it is their choice. Though I see them based on the videos content targeting the Tabloids and Media-Watch more than the BBFC, if they move against us again. Presumably the 2012 incident they mention is the whole Christopher Tookey vs HC2 controversy, with Media-watch going on about how they have a problem with these films.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1436...463/?ref=br_tf
Old 14th November 2014, 11:56 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I didn't watch past the halfway point of the video because the computerised voice was annoying and the information it was delivering had been covered so much better in the Video Nasties: Moral Panic, Censorship & Videotape documentary.

One of the most annoying aspects of film classification nowadays is distributed cutting films in order to secure a lower rating from the BBFC in order to maximise box office takings. There was a really interesting presentation from someone from the BBFC at the Festival of Fantastic Films, talking about what goes into decisions and pointing out that films (like Horns, which was initially given an 18 certificate and trimmed by the distributor to secure a 15 certificate) are now censored by distributors.
Old 15th November 2014, 05:50 PM
Seasoned Cultist

deleted post.
Old 15th November 2014, 05:54 PM
Cult Addict

Did you self censor yourself into oblivion there Goth?

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Like this? Share it using the links below!