Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music

Like Tree127Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th November 2012, 12:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Default Death Waltz Recording Co.

Well I'm a big vinyl fan and I happened upon 5 vinyls in my local store the other day released by DEATH WALTZ RECORDS; As soon as I saw them I could not resist buying! (although my wallet tried to stop me!). They seem to release about 2 a month which is fairly prolific for a small Indie label so I figured they deserved their own thread On top of that they have just signed a deal with Hammer... surely music to anyone's ears!

Here is the current and upcoming release schedule (Most releases seem to be available on standard black vinyl as well as a more limited run of coloured vinyl and all come with a large swanky poster of the cover art, generally designed by renowned artists such as Graham Humphries etc):-

DW000 = HALLOWEEN 3 flexi-disc single of Silver Shamrock theme
DW001 = ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS (FABIO FRIZZI)
DW002 = ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK (CARPENTER/HOWARTH)
DW003 = LET THE RIGHT ONE IN (SODERQVIST)
DW004 = DONNIE DARKO (ANDREWS)
DW005 = LIVING DEAD AT MANCHESTER MORGUE (SORGINI)
DW006 = PRINCE OF DARKNESS (CARPENTER/HOWARTH)
DW007 = HALLOWEEN 2 (CARPENTER/HOWARTH)
DW008 = HALLOWEEN 3 (CARPENTER/HOWARTH)
? = THEY LIVE = december
? = THE DEVILS BUSINESS = december
? = HOUSE BY THE CEM = jan '13
? = CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD = jan
? = SEVEN NOTES IN BLACK = feb
? = HOUSE OF THE DEVIL = ?
? = THE INNKEEPERS = ?
? = THE DEVIL RIDES OUT = ?
? = TWINS OF EVIL = ?

Here's the most important bit:-

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti

Last edited by oaxaca; 27th November 2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 27th November 2012, 01:48 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Glad to see this label getting more widespread recognition - they are terrific. I've got ZFE, Halloween 3 and Let the right one in - I'd recommend adding this last one to your list oaxaca, as it really is beautiful.

And I really, really cannot wait for Seven Notes in Black. The mp3 has served me well, but I cannot wait to listen to it on vinyl.
oaxaca likes this.
Old 27th November 2012, 01:53 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I have the Halloween III one. I'd have preferred a slightly more recognisable image on the front cover. It's cool that it comes with a poster, but it doesn't look that great on the wall to be honest. the Halloween II cover is much better. I love the orange vinyl though. Looking forward to seeing their Hammer titles!

What they should really do is offer a free mp3 download with each purchase, so you don't have to worry about whether to play them or not. It would also encourage people to buy these who don't even have a record player!
oaxaca likes this.
Old 27th November 2012, 02:08 PM
Cultist

Death Waltz has been one of the best new companies I've come across this year. Spencer (the owner) clearly has a great passion for horror soundtracks and has years of experience in the record business (I believe he was a manager at Rough Trade for years.)

The records really are a joy to behold. I'm a big vinyl fan and have been a subscriber since the first subscription became available. For £150 you get six releases in subscriber exclusive colour vinyl, lithograph prints, posters each individually numbered with your subscriber no. At the end of each subscription you get a box to house the records in plus some extras (Halloween 3 flexidisc, Death Waltz t-shirt etc). All in all a great package for fans.

I always play all my vinyl (don't see the point in not playing it) but MP3 files would be good. They did actually provide an MP3 download for the Zombie Flesh Eaters release but nothing after that has been offered on MP3 too.

Here's the collection so far. Really looking forward to what they have in store for the future.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354025220.593900.jpg

Trampy And The Tramp win Curry Lover(s) of the Year award at the Scottish Curry Awards 2010

www.trampyandthetramp.blogspot.com
Old 27th November 2012, 02:44 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

That blue circle seems like a waste of space to me...
Great selection of titles, anyway.
Old 27th November 2012, 02:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Glad to see this label getting more widespread recognition - they are terrific. I've got ZFE, Halloween 3 and Let the right one in - I'd recommend adding this last one to your list oaxaca, as it really is beautiful.

And I really, really cannot wait for Seven Notes in Black. The mp3 has served me well, but I cannot wait to listen to it on vinyl.
Thanks for the recommendation I haven't actually seen LET THE RIGHT ONE IN yet so that's why I didn't buy that record, but I guess the current availability of that vinyl is a good incentive to watch the film ASAP and see whether I like it. Think I'll pick the BD up, only £4 in cex

Currently I own the following from Death Waltz: ZFE, Living Dead at Manchester Morgue, Escape from New York, Halloween 2 and Halloween 3, all black vinyl, though I wish I'd picked up the coloured editions as they look incredible.
Nemesis likes this.

Old 27th November 2012, 02:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobral View Post
Yeah I think they are phasing that out, the 2 Halloweens are the latest releases and have full-cover artwork which is great. Also, They Live released in December has fulll cover art too so that seems to be the way they are going

Old 27th November 2012, 02:54 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobral View Post
Yeah, they (quite rightly in my opinion) did away with that sleeve design after the first 6 releases. I know what they were aiming at (ie having a distinct "house sleeve") but really you want the whole sleeve to be the art work. At least they do listen to their customers.

Trampy And The Tramp win Curry Lover(s) of the Year award at the Scottish Curry Awards 2010

Old 27th November 2012, 02:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Thanks for the recommendation I haven't actually seen LET THE RIGHT ONE IN yet so that's why I didn't buy that record, but I guess the current availability of that vinyl is a good incentive to watch the film ASAP and see whether I like it. Think I'll pick the BD up, only £4 in cex

Currently I own the following from Death Waltz: ZFE, Living Dead at Manchester Morgue, Escape from New York, Halloween 2 and Halloween 3, all black vinyl, though I wish I'd picked up the coloured editions as they look incredible.
It's a superb film; I have to admit I did not appreciate the greatness of the film or the wonderful soundtrack until the second watch. Death Waltz's release inspired me to give it another go and I'm glad I did.

Check out the track "Eli's theme" on youtube; it's a beautiful piece.

And I think Candice Tripp did a lovely job with the artwork on this.
oaxaca likes this.
Old 27th November 2012, 03:11 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post

Here are some of the subscriber colour editions:

Zombie Flesh Eaters

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354028622.726527.jpg

Escape From New York

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354028723.856175.jpg

Let The Right One In

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354028807.721965.jpg

Donnie Darko

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354028893.527986.jpg

Living Dead At The Manchester Morgue

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354028972.605452.jpg

Prince Of Darkness

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354029022.256428.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!