Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree127Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th September 2013, 10:36 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Did anyone else buy The Fog gold edition? I found mine to sound rather hissy and scratchy. I took it back to Sister Ray in Soho yesterday and swapped it for another brand new one, which I've also found is rather scratchy. It sounds like I'm playing a 30 year old LP rather than something brand new! They've offered to replace it again, but I'm not sure if its worth it.

Could it be my needle just doesn't like gold vinyl?
Old 8th September 2013, 01:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouserpress View Post
Could it be my needle just doesn't like gold vinyl?
Could be... I don't have The Fog LP but my brown marble vinyl of Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works Vol 2 was had terrible surface noise on. I'd send a friendly mail to Death Waltz about it, but if it was me I'd probably keep the album, at least it looks fantastic...

Damn I wish I had a turntable again...

Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 17th September 2013, 08:41 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

The New York Ripper vinyl is now up for sale on Death Waltz's site.

Quote:
LP DW16 RELEASED 22/10/12

One sale Friday 27th September

The score to the notorious banned in many countries Lucio Fulci video nasty is a revelation tracks such as ‘New York One More Night ‘ mix disco funk and latin to striking effect while slower tracks such as ‘The Ripper’ manage to capture the sleazy pre disney clean up of New York perfectly with their moody sax breaks and 42nd street atmosphere.

Score by Francesco De Masi

Exclusive art by Nick Percival

Sleeve notes by Stephen Thrower and Nick Percival.

180 gm vinyl pressed on green and yellow duck vinyl house in a heavyweight casebound tip on Jacket. Includes 4 page booklet and poster.

Tracklisting

Side 1

New York One More Day
Phone Call
New York One More Night
Puertorico club
The Ripper
Fay

Side 2

Where Is The Ripper?
New York ...One Night
Puertorico Club
Suspense And Murder
Waiting For The Killer
Even though it says it's only on sale Friday 27th, it seems to be available to purchase from their site now.
Old 19th September 2013, 08:47 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Goblin 2013 Tour EP

Quote:
LP DW18 RELEASED 08/10/12

On sale 27th September

The legendary Italian band Goblin recently reformed and went back into the studio to re-record 4 classic tracks especially for this EP. Treating the originals with the reverence they deserve but updating them to sound more in line with their current live set up. we couldn’t be more thrilled to be exclusively releasing this EP to support their current world tour. What better than revisiting an old friend ? Revisiting that old friend with a new sense of vigor and urgency.

180gm Red red vinyl cut at 45rpm .

Exclusive cover art by Graham Humpreys.

Tracklisting

Profondo Rosso

Roller

Suspiria

Tenebre
Rik and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 19th September 2013, 09:19 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Loving that E.C style New York Ripper artwork
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 19th September 2013, 10:38 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Well, I dunno, I'm not gone on this, nice artwork but doesn't seem appropriate for New York Ripper. I'd would have used the European artwork - I know everyone's probably bored with this but I like it....

Old 25th September 2013, 08:46 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Yet another announcement from Death Waltz:

Room 237

Quote:
LP DW15 RELEASED 30/10/12

On sale 27th September

One of the finest modern scores we at Death Waltz towers have heard in a very long time. It’s simply monsterous, a huge sounding record that references John Carpenter, Goblin, Stevlio Cipriani, late 70s prog and early 80s electronic music all the while with it’s feet firmly in the present day. The minute we heard this score we knew we had to release it.

Score by Jonathan Snipes & William Hutson

180gm orange & red vinyl cut at 45rpm housed inside a heavyweight casebound tip on sleeve.

Exclusive cover art by Sam Smith.

Comes with 14 track CD of complete score.

Tracklisting
Side 1

To Keep From Falling Off
Multiple Of Seven
Ignorance Of Visual Information
Recourse To Eagles

Side 2

Moon Landing
Emotional Architecture
Dies Arie
Also available as a pop-up CD.
Old 8th October 2013, 06:57 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Well, Death Waltz have just released details of their new subscription offer, but more importantly, have alluded to some forthcoming titles including:

Ms. 45
The New York Ripper
Assault on Precinct 13

Source.

Had to give the new sub a miss. Just a bit too expensive for me. Don't get me wrong, it's more than worth it but as much as I like soundtracks I can't ignore the fact that I'd be able 13-14 brand new LPs for the price of the sub. Sure it'll be a quality set though.

Also less than impressed with The Fog. Great item no doubt but to sell it as a limited edition and then release another ltd edition after the initial has sold out isn't on for me.
Old 12th October 2013, 05:36 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Death Waltz announce Assault on Precinct 13:

Quote:
LP DW18 RELEASED 18/11/13

Released November 25th 2013.

Death Waltz Recording Company are very proud to be releasing one of the most seminal electronic scores in film history. Recorded in just one day, this minimal electro masterpiece by Director/Composer John Carpenter has been sampled by Afrika Bambaataa , Tricky and covered countless times. This newly remastered version has been approved by director John Carpenter himself who has also supplied brand new and exclusive sleevenotes.

Score by John Carpenter

Exclusive art by Jay Shaw

Sleeve notes by composer director John Carpenter , star Austin Stoker and two essays by Fangoria editior Chris Alexander and composer Clint Mansell.

180 gm vinyl pressed on bloody red & Vanilla swirl vinyl housed in a heavyweight gatefold casebound tip on Jacket featuring spot UV varnish. Includes an 8 page fold out booklet and poster.

LTD ONE OFF PRESSING OF 1000
Also available as a pop up CD.
Old 12th October 2013, 02:38 PM
Cult Rookie

What's a "pop-up CD"?

Like this? Share it using the links below!