Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music

Like Tree534Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th May 2014, 08:22 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Amazing collection BE! Something to aspire too... I'd love to get my hands on DAY OF THE DEAD and THE BEYOND vinyls, to name but 2, hopefully in the future I'll grab them for a good price.

I saw a reissue of Maiden's Powerslave LP in HMV the other day and it does look incredible! Artwork is definitely half the reason I buy vinyl, particularly vinyl soundtracks, the other half would be the amazing packages, brilliant sound quality, especially on these new virgin vinyl 180/200g records the boutique labels are producing these days, and just the act of having to swap over the two sides and seeing the record in motion feels unique in this day and age.

I'd recommend you look into these two releases from Austrian label Cineploit, BE... They are only singles (ones a 10" and the other a 7") but they look incredible! They are limited but are still available from Cineploit themselves on amazon I think. They are basically covers but supposedly very well done, I'm just waiting for mine to arrive!

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 6th May 2014, 08:37 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Wow, beautiful LP's.
Would you consider framing some of the covers, and hanging on your wall?
Old 6th May 2014, 10:02 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Amazing collection BE! Something to aspire too... I'd love to get my hands on DAY OF THE DEAD and THE BEYOND vinyls, to name but 2, hopefully in the future I'll grab them for a good price.
Thanks.

The Beyond is pretty hard to track down at a sensible price now but I think Day of the Dead can be found pretty easily and the prices are still fair - Amazon had some a while back for around £25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
I'd recommend you look into these two releases from Austrian label Cineploit, BE... They are only singles (ones a 10" and the other a 7") but they look incredible! They are limited but are still available from Cineploit themselves on amazon I think. They are basically covers but supposedly very well done, I'm just waiting for mine to arrive!

They do look rather tasty... I may have to look into these. It'd be good to hear your verdict on them when they arrive and you've given them a spin.
Old 6th May 2014, 10:09 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linbro View Post
Wow, beautiful LP's.
Would you consider framing some of the covers, and hanging on your wall?
Thanks, Linbro.

I wouldn't necessarily be against framing some, but I'm more inclined to keep them stashed away and safe as a 'complete package'. Plus, I don't really have a great deal of wall space what with all the bookcases and cabinets full of DVDs and BDs everywhere. I'm trying to get some more space by moving things around a bit but any space I do create will no doubt be used up by getting some nice film posters - I've been after a Devil Rides Out poster for a while so that is a priority! Some of the releases actually came with separate posters, so that is also an option.
Old 6th May 2014, 04:27 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

These four arrived today too (Death Waltz Record Store Day 2014 Exclusive Bundle), so I thought I may as well take a little pic:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 08 DW_04_RDE.jpg (88.0 KB, 14 views)
Old 6th May 2014, 06:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Waxwork Records have announced their next release as 1986's CHOPPING MALL!

By the way these are some good soundtrack-releasing labels (mostly horror / Italo focussed) I'd recommend for people wanting to get into buying soundtracks on vinyl:-

Home | Death Waltz Recording Company
Waxwork Records
One Way Static Records
Mondo
Finders Keepers Records - Uncovering the best in Psychedelic / Jazz / Folk / Funk and Avant-Garde rarities.
Private Records
Cineploit | Cinematic Music influenced by mainly the italian Maestros and in general the Cinema from the 60's, 70's and 80's
Music On Vinyl
http://www.btf.it/

Oh and the 2nd hand section of all good record stores!

Last edited by oaxaca; 6th May 2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 7th May 2014, 09:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Went into Head today hoping to pick up SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE but it wasn't there unfortunately. However I did pick up CREEPSHOW in 'Meteor Shit Green' (Waxwork) and THE HILLS HAVE EYES (One Way Static - may have to take this back because despite being shrink wrapped the vinyl is badly scuffed somehow!?). I got £15 off due to having bought 10 vinyls in total now on their reward scheme, bonus!

Old 8th May 2014, 08:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

2 more ordered today...

The Omen soundtrack (black vinyl) - My first Mondo record! Got it for a good price on discogs due to it having a slight split on one seam.
Slumber Party Massacre - Death Waltz' latest

If all goes to plan Mondo is releasing THE VISITOR tomorrow and Priv4te Records is releasing Sergio Martino's IL FIUME DEL GRANDE CAIMANO!!

Old 9th May 2014, 06:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Well a half good day today for vinyl soundtracks... Mondo now have this for sale which I've just ordered, LOVE the film so the soundtrack was a no brainer!! Unfortunately Private Records' THE GREAT ALLIGATOR is coming next week now.

Old 10th May 2014, 05:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

2 More in the bag plus I've traded Waxwork's CREEPSHOW for Mondo's HALLOWEEN soundtrack. Creepshow didn't really do it for me although the package was amazing to look at.

Like this? Share it using the links below!