Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music

Like Tree534Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th July 2021, 03:58 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I really liked the first part of the new IT still not watched the second part yet. I remember loving the first one when i first saw it then years later it got a dvd release and i paid €30 for it and it didn't live up to what i remembered i have not read the book but the spider ending always ruined it for me dont know if the book ends that way. In saying that tge soundtrack is great.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 3rd August 2021, 02:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default wax

This looks interesting,a book about Vinyl soundtracks..
This title will be released on September 7
BRAND NEW & EXPANDED EDITION! Packed with dozens of additional horror titles and containing limited edition enhanced packaging (gilded foil page edges + ribbon marker).

Are you obsessed with John Carpenter's iconic music for the Halloween series? Do you thrill to the unforgettable stabs of the Psycho score, or the pounding synths of Goblin's soundtrack to Suspiria? Do you find yourself being pulled into the hair-raising modern scores for the likes of Get Out, Hereditary, and It Follows?

You're not alone.

Blood on Black Wax is a defining horror soundtrack volume that spotlights iconic franchises such as A Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Jaws, The Exorcist, Child’s Play, and George A. Romero's “living dead” films, highlighting both the music and the amazing, often rare artwork that graces the record sleeves. It also tells the stories behind the soundtrack, from the mouths of the musicians who made them, including John Carpenter, Fabio Frizzi, Christopher Young, Harry Manfredini, Charles Bernstein, Pino Donaggio, John Harrison, and more.

Aaron Lupton and Jeff Szpirglas, both of Rue Morgue magazine, have curated Blood on Black Wax to reflect their own passion for the darkest slabs of soundtrack music. Their journey into the fascinating history of horror movie scores contains reviews, release details, and the wild stories about the making of both iconic classics and the strange outliers of the genre – everything from the orchestral sounds of Hammer and Universal horror, to the truly experimental albums for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Eraserhead, to the outlandish punk and metal songs of '80s soundtrack albums like The Return of the Living Dead and Shocker.

Go back to your favorite horror films one more time, through the jaw-dropping, spine-tingling music that helped solidify their place in cinematic history!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91O-Wy8Ot2L.jpg (105.8 KB, 3 views)

Old 18th November 2021, 04:09 PM
Cult Master

20211118_170628.jpg

The artwork is bloody rubbish but i got it cheap and still sealed off my mate.
Old 3rd February 2023, 09:19 PM
Cult Master

IMG_20230203_220444.jpg IMG_20230203_220508.jpg IMG_20230203_220521.jpg IMG_20230203_220554.jpg

Finally picked this up I love the all the beautiful artwork and that clear vinyl
Old 3rd February 2023, 09:28 PM
Cult Master

IMG_20230203_222042.jpg IMG_20230203_222057.jpg

One more arrival today.
Old 10th February 2023, 05:05 PM
Cult Master

IMG_20230210_175718.jpg IMG_20230210_175730.jpg IMG_20230210_175740.jpg IMG_20230210_175827.jpg

Look who's home just in time for Valentine's Day.

Found this today for €15 what a steal.
Old 10th February 2023, 05:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

You must have an ear for movie music such as this because there's not a chance in hell if you played me the music i could tell you what it was from.

I'd see the record and think "Looks nice, but no idea what it the music goes like"
Old 10th February 2023, 05:38 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
You must have an ear for movie music such as this because there's not a chance in hell if you played me the music i could tell you what it was from.

I'd see the record and think "Looks nice, but no idea what it the music goes like"
Music is always what strikes me first with any film or video game I play so I usually make a mental note of what I like so I can keep an eye out for it.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 10th February 2023, 05:51 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Music is always what strikes me first with any film or video game I play so I usually make a mental note of what I like so I can keep an eye out for it.
You could play me the theme of My Bloody Valentine and i wouldn't have a clue.

Same with stuff like Pieces or Prom Night or The Prowler. No idea.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 10th February 2023, 05:57 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
You could play me the theme of My Bloody Valentine and i wouldn't have a clue.

Same with stuff like Pieces or Prom Night or The Prowler. No idea.
I actually didn't know the Cannibal Apocalypse soundtrack but I did an exchange with my mate and gave him my spare copies of Eyeball and Four Flies plus it was still sealed so he obviously had no idea what it sounds like either

Like this? Share it using the links below!