All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1285Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th November 2013, 09:00 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Henry Rollins = A man who just wants to be Jello Biafra.
Rollins is Rollins, and Biafra is Biafra.

Both are interesting guys.
Old 7th November 2013, 09:19 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Kira Roessler (Black Flag)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tumblr_mu6fshi2CO1qffv5do1_1280.jpg (7.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg dsc00081.jpg (91.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Kira+Roessler.jpg (80.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Kira+Roessler+500full1.jpg (47.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 11th November 2013, 06:28 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Good news: the love for Jimi will never die!

Rik, Nordicdusk and Rondadoronron like this.
Old 11th November 2013, 09:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Awesome pics Nordic, I'll have to see if I can dig out my unused ticket for Nirvana at the Town & Country Club in Leeds, June 1994 and upload a pic

Edit: It wasn't the T&C in Leeds (must've confused it with some other gig), it was for the G-Mex in Manchester and was supposed to be on the 27th March 1994 but was cancelled due to the Rome "suicide attempt" and rescheduled for the 14th April 1994, obviously the events of the week before meant me and my 5 mates were absolutely mortified when we heard the news!
Prince_Vajda and Nordicdusk like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th November 2013, 09:56 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Awesome pics Nordic, I'll have to see if I can dig out my unused ticket for Nirvana at the Town & Country Club in Leeds, June 1994 and upload a pic
Cheers Rik i was obsessed with Nirvana growing up. I was so gutted the day Kurt died. I remember it like it was yesterday hearing it about 3am on a crackled radio station i could never manage to tune in properly but i listened every night because it played rock and old blues records. I was 13 years old just 3 weeks short of turning 14 and i have no problem saying a shed a tear even that young i knew nothing would be the same again. I became a fan when i was 9 maybe a year after Bleach came out a guy was re wiring my house and he was listening to the album and it was the best thing i had ever heard in my life. Even now some songs are hard to listen to .
Rik and Prince_Vajda like this.
Old 11th November 2013, 10:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Cheers Rik i was obsessed with Nirvana growing up. I was so gutted the day Kurt died. I remember it like it was yesterday hearing it about 3am on a crackled radio station i could never manage to tune in properly but i listened every night because it played rock and old blues records. I was 13 years old just 3 weeks short of turning 14 and i have no problem saying a shed a tear even that young i knew nothing would be the same again. I became a fan when i was 9 maybe a year after Bleach came out a guy was re wiring my house and he was listening to the album and it was the best thing i had ever heard in my life. Even now some songs are hard to listen to .
I found out the morning after as I delivered all the morning papers, I got home and got ready for school and was met at the bus stop by 3 of the lads I was going with in absolute bits, one of them just went home instead of going to school. We couldn't believe it, just over a week until we were gonna see Nirvana live and that happened, still gutted now almost 20 years later.
On a slightly related note; I've been doing a stereo and a 5.1 mix of Very Ape from the original audio files at college for the past few weeks, finished the 5.1 mix today and it sounds ****ing awesome. Unfortunately, we don't have the facility to bounce the session down, so I can only have a copy of the stereo mix. I'll try get it tomorrow to upload so everyone can have a listen, I think we've done it justice (well, I have seeing as I've done most of the work as usual!)
Prince_Vajda and Nordicdusk like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th November 2013, 10:13 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I found out the morning after as I delivered all the morning papers, I got home and got ready for school and was met at the bus stop by 3 of the lads I was going with in absolute bits, one of them just went home instead of going to school. We couldn't believe it, just over a week until we were gonna see Nirvana live and that happened, still gutted now almost 20 years later.
On a slightly related note; I've been doing a stereo and a 5.1 mix of Very Ape from the original audio files at college for the past few weeks, finished the 5.1 mix today and it sounds ****ing awesome. Unfortunately, we don't have the facility to bounce the session down, so I can only have a copy of the stereo mix. I'll try get it tomorrow to upload so everyone can have a listen, I think we've done it justice (well, I have seeing as I've done most of the work as usual!)
Nice one Rik look forward to hearing it.
Rik likes this.
Old 11th November 2013, 10:27 PM
Cult Master

Pearl Jam

early off ramp.jpg early-pearl-jam-live-on-stage.jpg eddie-grass-275x280.jpg mi0001412475-1024x804.jpg pearljam.jpg pearl-jam-hd_155025-1600x12001.jpg pjbw01.jpg ten session 3.jpg tumblr_mu3u7m9dW71sx213ro1_500.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!