Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1346Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th October 2018, 06:36 AM
Cult Master

Alice starts the final (announced) leg of his tour tonight, at the Palace Theater in Albany, NY. It's due to run until the end of the month, with a show at DeVos Hall in Grand Rapids, Michigan on October 29th. Wonder if there will be any surprises in the set!

In other news, it's been suggested that The Hollywood Vampires will be the headline act at this years 'Alice Cooper's Christmas Pudding' show on December 8th at the Celebrity Theatre in Phoenix. This will be the 17th annual Pudding show, and as always will raise funds for Alice's 'Solid Rock' teen center. There is still no official release date or information about the second Vampire's studio album or their live album which has been mentioned

azbigmedia .com has a short interview with Alice about the charity:

"Az Business Angels: How did you come up with the concept of Alice Cooper’s Rock Teen Center?

Alice Cooper: My wife and I and our dear friend, Chuck Savale, came up with it together. I wanted to create a place where teens could express themselves in a healthy, safe environment. Teens today have way too much time on their hands and if they aren’t playing sports, they end up doing drugs or joining gangs. The Rock Teen Center is a place where they can learn music, dance, art, video and audio recording and more, or just hang out with their friends, and it’s all free for teens 12 to 20 years old.

ABA: Why was starting this nonprofit so important to you?

AC: Teens are the reason I am successful. When I first started out, they bought my albums and tickets to my concerts. I decided it’s time for rock and roll to give back. I know what’s it’s like — I was a teen once, too, and had similar experiences. I would have loved to have had a Rock Teen Center when I was growing up.

ABA: What is your favorite story to tell related to the Alice Cooper’s The Rock Teen Center?

AC: There are so many success stories that have come out of The Rock Teen Center. Life-changing stories. We have had kids who were on drugs, from broken families, cutting themselves, contemplating suicide; and after coming to our Teen Center, they found hope. They discovered the arts and even a hidden talent or passion they never knew they had. We hear all the time how if it weren’t for The Rock Teen Center, they would’ve chosen the wrong path, or made the wrong decision.

ABA: What impact do you hope the Alice Cooper’s The Rock Teen Center has on the community it serves?

AC: People like to use the term “at-risk youth.” We want the community to realize every youth is at risk. Whether you come from the east side or the west side. No matter the circumstances, it’s a tough time to be a teen. By helping them cultivate a passion for the arts, we are able to make an everlasting difference in their lives so they, in turn, can contribute to their community. Our vision is to open more teen centers across the Valley and, ultimately, the country."

Lastly, guitarist Ryan Roxie has released a video from his new solo album, 'Imagine Your Reality'. It's a rocked-up cover of the Coldplay song 'God Put A Smile Upon Your Face'

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th October 2018, 12:13 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Alice has reiterated in an interview in the latest Classic Rock that there will be a new Alice album, a Hollywood Vampires live album and a new studio album as well.
Old 4th October 2018, 12:31 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Alice has reiterated in an interview in the latest Classic Rock that there will be a new Alice album, a Hollywood Vampires live album and a new studio album as well.
We know these are coming, but the lack of information is very frustrating

Old 4th October 2018, 12:37 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
We know these are coming, but the lack of information is very frustrating
Yeah i know you posted about it previously. It's good that they are actual plans and not sound bites from Alice on the spur of the moment when asked something. That was why i said Alice has reiterated.

Good news all the same.

Here's hoping there are a lot more new compositions on the Vampires album. The thought of Alice writing with Joe Perry is mouth watering. At least for me.
Old 4th October 2018, 12:41 PM
Cult Master

Problem is...like The Doctor, we know Alice lies!

NOTE - I don't mean that in a nasty way, but his fans know he regularly 'embellishes' the truth, and never lets the facts get in the way of a good story or monologue!

Old 4th October 2018, 12:44 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Problem is...like The Doctor, we know Alice lies!

NOTE - I don't mean that in a nasty way, but his fans know he regularly 'embellishes' the truth, and never lets the facts get in the way of a good story or monologue!
Lets hope it's a lie about the Vamps live album. Let's hope it's a dvd instead.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 5th October 2018, 01:24 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Alice starts the final (announced) leg of his tour tonight, at the Palace Theater in Albany, NY. Wonder if there will be any surprises in the set!
Looks like it wasn't to be!

The (same) set list from yesterdays show:
  • Intro: Spend the Night
  • Brutal Planet
  • No More Mr. Nice Guy
  • Under My Wheels
  • Billion Dollar Babies
  • Grim Facts
  • Lost in America
  • Serious
  • Fallen in Love
  • Woman of Mass Distraction
  • Guitar Solo (Nita Strauss)
  • Poison
  • Halo of Flies (with drum solo)
  • Feed My Frankenstein
  • Cold Ethyl
  • Only Women Bleed
  • Paranoiac Personality
  • Ballad of Dwight Fry
  • Killer (excerpt)
  • I Love the Dead (band vocals only)
  • I'm Eighteen
  • School's Out / Another Brick In The Wall
Maybe 2019 will bring something new

Old 5th October 2018, 01:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Looks like it wasn't to be!

The (same) set list from yesterdays show:
  • Intro: Spend the Night
  • Brutal Planet
  • No More Mr. Nice Guy
  • Under My Wheels
  • Billion Dollar Babies
  • Grim Facts
  • Lost in America
  • Serious
  • Fallen in Love
  • Woman of Mass Distraction
  • Guitar Solo (Nita Strauss)
  • Poison
  • Halo of Flies (with drum solo)
  • Feed My Frankenstein
  • Cold Ethyl
  • Only Women Bleed
  • Paranoiac Personality
  • Ballad of Dwight Fry
  • Killer (excerpt)
  • I Love the Dead (band vocals only)
  • I'm Eighteen
  • School's Out / Another Brick In The Wall
Maybe 2019 will bring something new
I'm thinking yes.

Perhaps Another Brick in the Wall / Schools Out for the finale.

On a serious note. It would be nice if he played more than just the obligatory Poison from the Trash album.

It's one of his biggest albums and boasted some decent rockers and hit singles like Bed of Nails and House of Fire or ballad Only My Heart Talking.
Old 6th October 2018, 06:43 AM
Cult Master

The origins to the chorus of 'Blow Me A Kiss', from the 'Brutal Planet' album (2000)?

Old 10th October 2018, 12:02 PM
Cult Master

This years Black Friday Record Store Day on November 23rd will see the release on 'Good Records' of a special limited edition (3000) vinyl album featuring the original Alice Cooper band (with Ryan Roxie) recorded live at Good Records on October 6th 2015

This will be the full performance from the legendary night and will include a double sided 24”x36” poster, a 11”x11” 16 page booklet/program and 6 trading cards. Each LP b-side will feature a different random picture of a band member. There will be 10 different color variants at random in 'mofi' sleeves and each silver foil board gatefold jacket will be stamped and numbered

Track listing is as follows:

1. Caught In A Dream
2. Be My Lover
3. I'm Eighteen
4. Is It My Body
5. No More Mr Nice Guy
6. Under My Wheels
7. School's Out
8. Elected.

Record Store Day releases are only available in limited numbers and generally only from small independent shops, so get to know your local shop now and see if they can reserve you a copy!

Like this? Share it using the links below!