Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Alice Cooper Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/11713-alice-cooper-thread.html)

Justin101 19th February 2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 598116)
I seen The Stranglers a couple years back, decent live performance, kinda strange them playing with Alice Cooper

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

On the last tour, Alice had 'The Mission' and some 80's new wave band i'd never heard of called 'The Tubes' so I think the support acts are often a bit weird!

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th February 2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 598118)
On the last tour, Alice had 'The Mission' and some 80's new wave band i'd never heard of called 'The Tubes' so I think the support acts are often a bit weird!

The Tubes are lead by a guy called Fee Waybill. I recall them from Kerrang! in the mid 80's.

I think they were punks or something but American then the singer took a bizarre turn and went to work with Richard Marx and Toto. Must admit the only Tubes song i've heard isn't even recorded by them it was on Motley Crue's Saints of Los Angeles album - White Punks on Dope.. Good song though.

Justin101 19th February 2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 598120)
The Tubes are lead by a guy called Fee Waybill. I recall them from Kerrang! in the mid 80's.

I think they were punks or something but American then the singer took a bizarre turn and went to work with Richard Marx and Toto. Must admit the only Tubes song i've heard isn't even recorded by them it was on Motley Crue's Saints of Los Angeles album - White Punks on Dope.. Good song though.

They sang that one, probably 15 old punks pogoing at the front! :laugh:

Susan Foreman 19th February 2019 07:00 PM

Tickets for the Brighton show are from £45

I think that the support acts are fine. MC50, featuring Wayne Kramer, is the celebration of 50 years of the MC5’s 'Kick Out The Jams', regarded as one the most incendiary rock albums ever. Presumably the album will be played in full, and the band also features Soundgarden’s Kim Thayil (from Soundgarden) and Brendan Canty (from Fuazi)

Alice and The MC5 have a history, of course. Both acts originate from Detroit and they regularly played together in 1969. Harder, faster, stronger and darker than the hippies on the west coast, they changed music forever. In 2019, both bands are going to be celebrating their 50th anniversaries!

SymbioticFunction 20th February 2019 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 598176)
Tickets for the Brighton show are from £45

From 50.15 pounds including the necessary booking fee. And I dread to think what the far better seats in this 4500 capacity venue might end up costing. I'll be interested to find out how expensive this could potentially be. I'm not sure that I can currently afford decent seats for my wife and I. I think the tickets for Brighton go on sale on the 22nd at 10am. I'll investigate further at that time. At the risk of sounding like a caveman, concerts are sure kinda pricey nowadays - being honest, I was a bit taken aback to discover that 2019 ticket prices would be over 50 quid each (I haven't been to an Alice Cooper gig since Theatre of Death).

Justin101 20th February 2019 07:37 AM

The pre-sales start today if you click through via the Alice Cooper website.

Justin101 20th February 2019 07:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 212790

I’m surprised that the seating configuration is even smaller than last time! I’m not sure why the tour isn’t going to large theatre venues instead!

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th February 2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 598207)
Attachment 212790

I’m surprised that the seating configuration is even smaller than last time! I’m not sure why the tour isn’t going to large theatre venues instead!

Ouch, that's nowhere near half full.

I suppose that's what happens when you play the same set for twenty years. ;)

Justin101 20th February 2019 11:27 AM

I almost bought a ticket, but anywhere decent was £67.00. I understand that it has a lot of production which costs a lot, and the potential capacity is fairly small, but that's just too much money.

Decided not to bother this time, as Dem says it'll be a very similar set list to the last time. I'll just buy the next concert dvd for £10-15 :D

SymbioticFunction 20th February 2019 01:16 PM

Had a look at the ticket presales for Brighton (promo code is sickthings). Two standing tickets will cost me 114 pounds. I've decided not to go as I think it's too much money. Like Justin, I'll just buy the next blu-ray instead.

btw I was talking about expensive 2019 ticket prices on Facebook and a friend suggested that concerts now cost so much because streaming has badly damaged album sales. Maybe that's true.