Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Alice Cooper Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/11713-alice-cooper-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 13th March 2020 07:26 AM

It would appear that the remaining 'Rock Meets Classic' shows have been postponed

According to the official site, and put through google translate:

"Current information about the Corona virus

As of 12.03.2020 - 2.30 p.m.

Due to the spread of the novel corona virus, some federal states have already decided to ban events with more than 1,000 visitors in order to curb the spread. These regulations apply immediately and probably until the end of the Easter holidays (April 19, 2020).

This affects the following events:

03/11/2020 Bamberg
13.03.2020 Würzburg
March 14, 2020 Frankfurt
03/15/2020 Regensburg
03/17/2020 Neu-Ulm
March 19, 2020 Ludwigsburg
March 20, 2020 Dresden
03/21/2020 Ingolstadt

We are currently working flat out on alternative dates for the affected shows and the options for them, and we will announce further information shortly."

Susan Foreman 14th March 2020 05:29 AM

Cancelled!

"From Alice Cooper:

We are regretfully postponing our Spring 2020 headline North American tour from March 31 through April 22. The tour is being rescheduled for Fall 2020 and the new schedule will be announced as soon as possible.

Due to the current concerns regarding COVID-19, the health and safety of our fans, local venue staffs, as well as the health and safety of our band and crew, is of utmost priority. Information regarding previously purchased tickets and VIP packages will be available soon at alicecooper .com; it is recommended that those who have tickets should retain them, as they may be valid for the re-scheduled shows.

Let's get through this together and resume rocking later in the year."

Susan Foreman 15th March 2020 08:00 PM

Ultimate Guitar has a short interview with Nita

"Nita Strauss Talks How Alice Cooper Treats His Band Members, Recalls What Made Her Cry With Joy Onstage

During a conversation with Kerrang Magazine, Nita Strauss talked about playing in Alice Cooper's band, how the singer treats his bandmembers, getting emotional onstage, and more.

"When you're playing with other people, whether as a guest guitarist or with Alice Cooper, are there moments where you wish you could blast out your full emotion, but you can't because you might overwhelm the vocalist?"

"Absolutely. Especially with Alice Cooper. We're a supporting act to Alice. There's this invisible line on stage that we don't cross. If Alice wants us to take the front stage, we will run with it, but it's his show, and we're conscious of that.

"We're there to make the Alice Cooper show as great as it can be, but not to be, like, Alice Cooper featuring Nita Strauss. There are three lead guitar players in Alice Cooper's band: myself, Ryan Roxie, and Tommy Henriksen.

"There isn't any room for the three of us to do that, especially with Alice there. We have to give the crowd that guitar hero experience while also not taking anything away from Alice."

I've interviewed Alice twice for Kerrang, and he always takes a moment to talk about you and your bandmates' other projects. There's this stereotype of the frontman who thinks, 'I'm in charge, know your role,' but he was quick to say he wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you guys.

"That's kind of him because he would totally be here. Let's not kid ourselves, he could have anybody in his band! For him to not only choose us but give us that spotlight and mention our names, it's so amazing. Any rockstar can learn a thing or two from Alice Cooper.

Is there something that you've learned from working with Alice that you've taken with you, whether it's about being a musician or just something like how to get fake blood out of a shirt?

"The real thing I've taken with me is appreciation. Alice could be a jerk. You always hear about the rockstars that aren't even on Alice's level who are just jerks.

"Then there's Alice, who could be enjoying his dinner, and when a fan comes up to him to tell them their stories about having their records taken away from their parents, he'll put the fork down, look at them, and then start a conversation, asking if they ever got the records back. He really knows that without those fans, none of us would be here."

Have you ever played a set while crying?

"Oh my God, so many times! The first time I played 'Poison' with Alice Cooper, I cried so many times. When I was recording the album, there are these two ballad tracks that are just super personal to me, and I was just crying.

"Not even cute, movie tears, like actual bawling! [Nita does a hacking, open-mouthed sob] I've cried during guitar clinics. I'm a very emotional guitar player, so it's not uncommon for me to cry. I just let it flow through me.""

Susan Foreman 17th March 2020 07:49 PM

Intriguing

"Guess what, mutants? Times are weird out there. You gotta stay healthy & safe! And to keep you entertained, our beloved radio rambler Alice Cooper is gonna have a special announcement in the next few days. Can you guess what it is?"

Susan Foreman 19th March 2020 07:23 AM

New interview at Rolling Stone magazine

"Alice Cooper’s Message of Hope: ‘We’ll Get Through This Together’

The singer suggests fans support musicians out of work (if they can) and plans a lot more studio time

Alice Cooper was making his way across Germany last week, headlining a tour that also featured Cheap Trick, when he learned that the country was prohibiting gatherings of more than 1,000 people due to coronavirus worries. The tour was canceled, and he and his crew immediately had to navigate their way back home, after the U.S. cut off travel to and from Europe. Everyone eventually flew to the States. Cooper postponed his upcoming North American dates, and now he’s shifting his attention to the things he can do at home.

“While our management is working to reschedule the postponed shows, I’m going to finish work on my next album, which is nearly done,” he tells Rolling Stone via email. “At least now I won’t be squeezing in vocal recording sessions on days off, between shows. I don’t like a lot of time off, as anyone who sees my schedule already knows, but a little extra time at home can be re-energizing.”

Cooper says he hasn’t really turned so much to other people’s music to help him recharge — “I rarely listen to music at home,” he says — but he does enjoy listening to Little Steven’s Underground Garage on SiriusXM when he’s driving, and it’s the kind of soundtrack that makes him happy. “They play a great mix of young retro bands — the Strypes, Bayonets, etc. — and deep cuts from classic bands I play on my radio show, Nights With Alice Cooper, like the Yardbirds, Love, Paul Butterfield, Procol Harum, etc.”

Although he’s best known for doom and gloom onstage (he still travels with a guillotine and dons a straightjacket during his shows), Cooper says hope is keeping him going. Since everyone around the world is going through the same thing right now, he says we’ll be stronger because of it. “We’re all in this together,” he says. “Whether you’re entertainer or fan, rich or poor, male or female, old or young. And we’ll get through this together. And when we do, we’ll be back on the road, doing what we love to do.”

He also hopes people are able to support artists who are less fortunate than him. “My band has been around a long time and are lucky enough to have the resources to survive through this,” he says, “but maybe fans should buy some merch or music from younger newer bands that can’t tour right now and don’t have the reserves that we have.”"

Susan Foreman 22nd March 2020 06:14 AM

Go Tech Daily has a rather amusing feature on Alice - amusing because I'm assuming it wasnt originally conducted in English, and the translation for some words, phrases and even album titles is a bit dodgy!

"Alice Cooper: Welcome To My Nightmare – the story driving the album

It’s worth noting that by the time Alice Cooper produced Welcome To My Nightmare in February 1975, he was previously just one of the most renowned rock celebs on the planet. Concerning 1971 and 1974, the Alice Cooper Band, which consisted of Cooper himself (born Vincent Furnier), guitarists Glen Buxton and Michael Bruce, bassist Dennis Dunaway and drummer Neal Smith, had notched up an extraordinary operate of some 10 main singles culled from 5 strike albums, four of which acquired them platinum position.

The band experienced shaped in 1968 out of the ashes of earlier band The Nazz (formerly identified as The Earwigs and then The Spiders). When Todd Rundgren also appeared with a band of the identical title, Vincent and buddies made the decision on a identify alter, and with a push story about utilizing a Ouija board to conjure up the name of a legendary 17th-century witch named Alice Cooper, so the younger shock rockers had been set in motion.

First achievements was muted – some getting the band’s outrageous tactic to their trade also considerably to handle, other folks baulking at the look of the band, specially Alice himself, as the young frontman swiftly adopted the titular title himself.

“People would appear and see us participate in and just think that as I was the direct singer then I have to be Alice Cooper,” he points out now. “But originally the band was just termed the Alice Cooper Band. But because anyone thought I was Alice I determined it would be much easier and better for the band to simply begin contacting myself Alice. Of training course, afterwards, when I would go solo for Welcome To My Nightmare, I’d really develop into Alice Cooper.”

The band came to the attention of Frank Zappa, who signed them to his Straight label. The guys had famously misunderstood Frank when he’d instructed them to come to his home for an audition at 7 o’clock, indicating in the evening, only for the band to arrive ready to participate in at 7 in the morning. Their 1969 debut Pretties For You went mainly disregarded, but just after an look at Toronto’s 1969 Rock And Roll Revival the band have been splashed all more than the newspapers soon after the now-famous ‘chicken incident’.

“Somehow a chicken got on stage,” Alice relates. “I did not know anything about farm animals so I assumed it could fly and threw it into the crowd. It landed in the front rows exactly where the lovers in wheelchairs have been sat. You can imagine the furore.”

Newspaper allegations that Alice experienced, in simple fact, bitten the head off the hen and drunk its blood on phase ended up immediately denied by the band, only for mentor Frank to famously notify Alice, “Well, no matter what you do, don’t inform anyone you did not do it!” 1970’s Quick Motion also went largely overlooked, but a transfer to Alice’s hometown of Detroit (“LA just did not get it – they have been on the completely wrong medications for us”) came as the major Warner Bros corporation acquired out the Straight label, and in the Uk the glam rock movement was collecting apace.

Teaming up with producer Bob Ezrin gave the band their irst style of achievements with the one I’m Eighteen from 1971’s Enjoy It To Demise and from then on Alice and the band hardly had time to breathe. Killer (1971), School’s Out (1972) and Billion Greenback Infants (1973) catapulted Alice Cooper to the top rated of the charts on both sides of the Atlantic, and outrageous gimmickry like the decapitation of child dolls and the introduction of a boa constrictor to the band’s dwell exhibit additional to the shock element the band, notably Alice himself, brought to the glam rock genre.

“I noticed Anita Pallenberg actively playing the Good Tyrant in the 1968 movie Barbarella putting on very long black leather-based gloves with switchblades coming out of them and I thought, ‘Alice must appear like that,’” he states. “That, and a minimal bit of Emma Peel in The Avengers.”

The outcome labored a address. Ethical campaigner Mary Whitehouse succeeded in finding the online video for School’s Out banned on the BBC, and a person Uk MP petitioned the then-Household Secretary to ban the band from doing in the Uk. Nonetheless, when 1974’s Muscle mass Of Love unsuccessful to match the good results of its illustrious predecessors, cracks started to exhibit.

“There was some discontent about the path we were going in, if I try to remember effectively,” claims Alice. “Some of the band made the decision that they ended up heading to go and work on their very own projects so I rather by natural means imagined I’d do very a lot the exact same. At the time there was no big decision to disband the Alice Cooper Band, we were being just working on distinctive factors. It just took place that inevitably which is the way factors turned out.”

For Alice Cooper the person, the selection was to also document his have solo album, even if it, like the previous 7 studio albums from the band (not to mention 1974’s immensely prosperous Alice Cooper’s Biggest Hits, which also outperformed Muscle Of Really like) also appeared less than the Alice Cooper name. After once more, Alice selected to get the job done with producer Bob Ezrin.

“Bob had labored with us on every single album from Adore It To Demise to Billion Greenback Infants,” states Alice. “He’d been a major participant in some of our biggest successes and it felt suitable to get him concerned again. On major of that, Bob is a genius. He hears items other people really don’t listen to and seems to know just how to orchestrate factors in a way you really do not get with other producers. His input was a must have to Welcome To My Nightmare.”

Bob experienced been doing the job on Lou Reed’s 1973 Berlin album, itself a rock opera of sorts concerning a doomed drug-addled couple, and with the Alice Cooper Band involved in many assignments of their have, a new established of musicians would be needed. Bob enlisted guitarists Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter, and bassists Prakash John and Tony Levin from the Reed fold, whilst he himself would lend his appreciable keyboard, synthesizer and arranging abilities.

“It was extremely refreshing to be able to work with some new and terrific musicians,” points out Alice. “Dick Wagner I try to remember as currently being particularly superior and I actually clicked with him as a writer also. He’d already worked with us, playing My Stars on the School’s Out album and we went on to write or co-publish the likes of Department Of Youth, Welcome To My Nightmare, The Black Widow, Only Women of all ages Bleed… Not a bad array of product for a person album.”

Central to the theme of Welcome To My Nightmare is Alice’s fundamental thought that the music relate the tale of the nightmares experienced by a younger child named Steven.

“I loved horror movies,” states Alice. “Still do. And I also like theatre and musicals. And I generally had the grand strategy that we could acquire the fundamental album and build a stage demonstrate from it, which is what we in the end did. I noticed it as like a cross in between a unpleasant fairy tale and some thing like West Aspect Tale. If you hear to a thing like Gutter Cat Vs. The Jets from School’s Out you can hear that in any case.

“And doing work with someone like Bob Ezrin genuinely helped propel the entire thing forward. He does not truly keep again and is open up to anything so we truly just went for it. The full check out was to practically make the album seem like a soundtrack for a movie or a perform. And I think we realized that with Welcome…”

The icing on the cake, having said that, for the entire album, was to get renowned horror actor Vincent Price tag to agree to act as a narrator for the album, lending his promptly recognisable voice notably to the emphatic The Black Widow in the part of Museum Curator, uttering the memorable line, ‘And listed here, my prize, the Black Widow, is not she lovely…’

“That wasn’t planned,” Alice notes. “But as time went on we started wondering no matter if we could possibly need a little something to incorporate extra impact. I wrote to Vincent. I didn’t anticipate a reply but seemingly he understood all about who I was and was only a lot more than content to get part. He was fantastic, he seriously got trapped into the part and he even took aspect in the Tv special that followed. I consider he could possibly have even fancied undertaking the tour as nicely.”

Recorded at Toronto’s Soundstage and New York’s Electric Girl and A&R Studios involving 1974 and 1975, Welcome To My Nightmare was unveiled on the Atlantic label in February 1975 (it appeared on the Anchor label here in the British isles) exactly where it achieved range five in the Billboard charts. The album spawned a enormous US strike with the sensitive Only Gals Bleed (a song about a girl in an abusive relationship), despite the fact that to some degree typically for the more than-delicate US marketplace it was launched just as Only Girls. The two Office Of Youth and the disco-inflected title keep track of have been also singles.

The entire album was labored into an elaborate phase show to realise Alice’s original dream, which price tag more than fifty percent a million pounds and featured filmed sections, dancers, big spiders, dancing skeletons and a nine-foot-tall furry cyclops! Prior to this, the aforementioned hour-prolonged Tv distinctive, Alice Cooper: The Nightmare, aired on America’s ABC channel that includes Alice in the key purpose as Steven, not able to wake up from the nightmares torturing him, and with Vincent Price that includes as the Spirit of the Nightmare. The movie won an Emmy and was later launched on both equally VHS and DVD.

The ensuing tour with its extraordinary phase present was also a achievement and a series of exhibits at London’s Wembley Arena were being recorded and released theatrically (and, naturally, subsequently on VHS and DVD) in 1976 but was not a massive strike. For Alice however, Welcome To My Nightmare (the album) represents a very last hurrah for the 70s. His final US platinum album just before his late-80s renaissance, and the begin of his spiralling fight versus liquor which would nearly totally derail him in 1977.

“I consider we got it ideal with this album,” he claims. “It had all the factors that I wanted on the file. And for a initially solo album, it is not a poor start out!”

The following chapter…

An accident in which Alice fell from the stage in Vancouver on the Welcome To My Nightmare tour was a clear indicator that his alcoholic beverages intake was obtaining a dire effect on his vocation. The following Alice Cooper Goes To Hell album (1976) performed fairly effectively but 1977’s Lace And Whiskey was not great and next the subsequent tour Alice checked himself into rehab, recording 1978’s From The Inside album about his time there. The remainder of the 70s have been used showing on Television demonstrates this sort of as The Muppets and making cameo film appearances.

Alice’s early-80s do the job is mainly greatest neglected, not minimum by Alice, who statements no recollection of recording Zipper Catches Skin (1982) and DaDa (1983). On the other hand, he eventually kicked the booze, returned freshly sober and signed to MCA in 1986 with the metal-orientated Constrictor and adopted it with 1987’s even better Raise Your Fist And Yell. Both laid the floor for a return to arena glory with 1989’s Trash and the substantial hit Poison. A string of critically acclaimed albums has followed, like 2008’s Along Arrived A Spider, and Alice excursions regularly, maintaining his position as elder statesman of metal. "

Susan Foreman 23rd March 2020 05:41 PM

Susan Foreman 27th March 2020 06:33 AM

It would appear that the next album is to be entitled 'Detroit Stories'

New interview at AZ Central

"Catching up with Alice Cooper, who's home with family in Arizona after postponing his tour
Alice Cooper was in Germany when he could see that it was time to come in off the road.

"We’re in Berlin," he says. "And you can feel it coming. Italy is already a mess. Spain is starting to become a mess. Germany is starting to catch it. They canceled a show in Zurich, our third show. I went, ‘Uh oh. It’s a house of cards now.’"

Cooper played his final European date on March 10 in Berlin.

"They said ‘We’re gonna close the borders,’" Cooper says. "So we finished Berlin, got in the bus, drove to Munich, got on a plane and the only thing they asked us when we got back to the States was ‘Have you been to China or Italy?’ We went 'No' and they said ‘Welcome home.’"

Upon his safe return to Arizona, the legend announced that he'd postponed his spring North American tour, which was slated to run from April 1 through April 22, in response to health concerns related to the spread of the new coronavirus, settling into his Paradise Valley home for some quality time with his family.
Alice Cooper's home with Netflix, Hulu and family
"For me and Sheryl, two months off is great," he says, referring to his wife of 44 years, who also dances and sings all the high harmonies in his show. "We’re at home, the golf courses are open, which is great for me. You’re sitting here with Netflix and Hulu. We haven’t had one problem getting food or anything."

It's kind of nice being home, he says.

"I feel less vulnerable in my house than I do in a different hotel every day. You don’t know who’s been there, what they’ve touched. When I was in Europe, I spent all day doing Purell, washing my hands. Every time you would touch something, you’d realize 'Well, how do you know that wasn’t infected?'"

His daughter Sonora, who's five months pregnant, has moved into the Cooper family home with her husband, Diego Diaz, at her dad's suggestion.

"I said ‘Why don’t you just stay here and we’ll keep it all in house?' That makes it kinda nice, actually. In some ways, you kind of think it’s God’s way of telling everybody, ‘Slow down. Everybody get back with your families.’"
'I am the glass-three-quarters-full guy'
It's the sort of reaction you'd expect from Cooper, who despite the darkness of his image, tends to have a fairly sunny disposition.

"I am the glass-three-quarters-full guy," he says. "I look at things like this and go ‘Yeah, it’s a horrible thing. But there’s also another side to it of everybody kind of pulling together and at the same time, families sort of being forced to live with each and get reacquainted."

They've even had a family wedding in their home since getting back from Germany.

"My 86-year-old father-in-law just got married here at the house," he says. "A very small wedding, just family. So we’ve had a house full of company."

As to whether he's concerned about the possibility of contracting COVID-19, Cooper says, "I’m not scared of this thing. ... But you’ve got to consider everybody. You never know what the guy next door's health problems are."

He's more concerned with older people like his mom, who's 94.

"My mom is in a place now – a really nice place – but we can’t visit her," he says. "They have totally locked it down. They said, ‘Everybody in here is 85 or over, 90.’ If they get it, they have a much, much harder time getting rid of it."

In more than 50 years of touring, this is the first time Cooper's had to cancel shows for a public health emergency.

"I can’t think of any other time that this has happened, he says. "I mean, a worldwide infection where everybody had to really be responsible?"

Cooper's been doing his radio show from how. And if he wanted to write songs, he could.

"The only thing I can’t do," he says, "is go out and perform."

As to the financial fallout of putting his touring on hold, Cooper says "We’re not sitting around worrying about our next meal."

It's the other people who rely on income from those tours that would actually feel it.

"The people that we work with, we have to make sure that they’re taken care of," Cooper says. "There’s a certain responsibility, especially to employees that you’ve had for a really long time that you realize are working from paycheck to paycheck. They have families. You’ve gotta take care of them."

He feels bad for the fans who planned on going to those concerts.

"Some of these audiences buy their tickets a year in advance and they plan their vacations around it and all kinds of things like that," he says. "I don’t know how you can help that. You just have to reschedule and say, ‘Do your best to get there.’"
What it means for Alice Cooper's Solid Rock Teen Centers
Cooper also had to postpone his spring fundraiser for Alice Cooper's Solid Rock Teen Centers at Las Sendas Golf Club, which was scheduled to take place the weekend of April 25-26

"I mean, it hurts your charity, but hey, we’ll recover," Cooper says. "Luckily, it’s not devastating to us. I feel sorry for younger, smaller nonprofits that are just starting up."

While Cooper is chilling with family — and golfing — in Paradise Valley, producer Bob Ezrin is home in Toronto, mixing Cooper's latest album, "Detroit Stories."

"Again, he can do at home," Cooper says. "I’m done with it, myself, right now. The next project will probably be a new (Hollywood) Vampires album. But we haven’t even started on that."

Cooper was born in Detroit as Vincent Furnier and moved to Phoenix as a child.

He and the other members of the original Alice Cooper group – guitarists Glen Buxton and Michael Bruce, bassist Dennis Dunaway and drummer Neal Smith — met in Phoenix, moved to California and had relocated to a farm near Detroit by the time they cut their breakthrough single, "I'm Eighteen," with Ezrin and Jack Richardson.
A new album is in the works — from a distance
"Detroit Stories" is a tribute to the place that city holds in Cooper's heart.

"I’m really happy with this album," Cooper says. "It’s really kind of different than anything we’ve done — only because we actually put parameters around it. It wasn’t just 'Let’s just do this' and 'Let’s just do that.' We said, ‘It has to be a Detroit-oriented song.'"

They even brought in veterans of the Detroit scene to work on it, including Wayne Kramer of the MC5, Mark Farner of Grand Funk Railroad and Johnny "Bee" Badanjek of Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels.

"There’s a certain thing about Detroit that is hard rock," Cooper says. "But the players in Detroit have always had a certain amount of R&B built into the way they play, which gives the whole album a different kind of taste to it. So it’ll be a very unique Alice album. You’ll hear Alice going in a couple of directions you wouldn’t normally hear me go in, which I think is refreshing."

He and Ezrin were satisfied, he says, when they could say, "Yeah, that feels like Detroit."

Dunaway, Smith and Bruce are also on the album. Buxton died in 1997.

"I call those guys Detroit players because we lived there," Cooper says. "So they qualify as Detroit players. We just decided to call it 'Detroit Stories' because that’s really what it is. Every song is sort of a story about Detroit or even fictitious stories about Detroit."

While fans are waiting on that album and Cooper's return to the road, the singer is encouraging those fans to listen to the CDC.

"We’ve got to conform to the guidelines so nobody gets sick," he says. "I think the sooner everybody does that, the faster this thing will be over. We should all get through this in the next month or so, so you know, you can get out and get a suntan then.""

Susan Foreman 31st March 2020 05:20 PM

Alice Cooper, Def Leppard, and Scorpions Jigsaw Puzzles Are On Their Way | Kerrang

"Stuck inside? These Alice Cooper, Def Leppard, and Scorpions jigsaw puzzles will keep your idle hands occupied.

Of all the weird merch metal bands could produce, jigsaw puzzles seem like a trend that’s quickly taking off. Everyone from Metallica to Motörhead and Slayer have had their album covers memorialized as puzzles thanks to toy imprint Rock Saws. But if you’ve already assembled all of those album covers, you’re in luck, as the company has announced that they’ll be putting out puzzles of albums by Alice Cooper, Def Leppard and Scorpions — just in time for quarantine.

The latest line from Rock Saws — an imprint of UK-based toy company Zee Productions — features two classic Alice Cooper covers:

Welcome To My Nightmare

and Trash

Two Def Leppard covers:

Pyromania

and Hysteria

And two Scorpions covers:

Blackout

and Lovedrive

All of the puzzles are 500 pieces and go for £17.99 online.

Unfortunately, the puzzles won’t ship until April 24, and with any luck the entire world won’t be stuck inside then. That said, order now if you’re not so optimistic and want to build the cover of Trash yourself.

Alice Cooper may seem like a weird choice for what is basically a children’s pastime, but in truth the shock rocker was never the villain everyone wanted him to be — and which other rock acts believed him to be.

“There were other bands that wanted not to play with us!” he told Kerrang! in 2019. “I remember early, early on, the Grateful Dead were not going to let us use their mic at a festival. They said, ‘Alice Cooper can’t use our sound equipment.’ They’d heard the same rumors everyone else did — they’d never met us before! And the great thing was that [Jefferson Airplane singer] Grace Slick stepped up and said, ‘If Alice doesn’t go on, we don’t go on.’ And the Jefferson Airplane were the biggest band in the world at the time, so we went on. She stood up for us, and that made me her lifelong friend. She had no reason to stand up for us, except that she heard something in the Grateful Dead that sounded like The Man. And that’s exactly what they were fighting against.”"

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st March 2020 05:40 PM

I really like those and might get them over time. In particular the two Def Leppard ones. The Alice ones are good too. In fact the only one i'm not fussed about is Scorpions Blackout.