22 Aug Lingen, DE
23 Aug Paris, FR
25 Aug Hamburg, DE
26 Aug Oberhausen, DE
28 Aug Aarburg, GH
29 Aug Klam, AT
01 Sep Sofia, BG
04 Sep Istanbul, TU

Looks like the support act on the UK dates is now Killing Joke, and not Primal Scream

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 8th July 2020, 11:24 PM
Thompson

Wink

Oh, but he's back. He's the man behind the mask, and he's after your soul...

I think that's a fun song.
Old 11th July 2020, 06:35 AM
Cult Master

Official ALICE COOPER Chocolate Milk Coming This Fall | Blabbermouth

"Danzeisen Dairy will release a special edition Alice Cooper chocolate milk bottle at retail grocers and for home delivery across Arizona this fall. Proceeds will benefit Solid Rock, the nonprofit organization Alice and his wife, Sheryl, founded in 1995. The organization operates The Rock Teen Center, a 28,000-square-foot facility in Phoenix where people ranging from ages 12 to 20 can get free instruction in music (both instrument lessons and recording studio training), dance, art, film and photography, among many other artistic options.

This past April, Alice told SPIN magazine that Solid Rock is something he and his wife feel driven to do.

"We're based on a Christian ethic," he said. "The kids say, 'Why are you doing this?' and we tell them, 'Because the Lord told us to. We don't want anything from you except you to show up and create.' And they say, 'Well, what do you get out of it?' And I go, 'Watching you create!' That's all there is to it." Another reason for doing this, he added, is that "We feel that every teenager is at risk — not just the ones that come from the gang world. They're all in trouble unless they have some guidance."

Alice told The East Valley Tribune that the teen center provides kids with an opportunity to find a purpose in life.

"We've noticed there were kids coming in and parents would say to us, 'I don't know what you're doing, but my kid's getting better grades. My kids are talking to me now. My kids are wanting to do things at home with us because when they get into that school, they open up,'" Alice said.

"It's easy when you're a teenager to get introverted because you're, everybody's against me," he added. "I was a teenager. I was like that."

Cooper said his reason for funding the centers is to give youngsters a calling in life.

"There's nothing like watching a student perform or achieve something in music they never thought possible, he said.

"You can blossom. You have that option to blossom," he added. "And I noticed kids that blossom are the ones that are really going to do something." "

Old 11th July 2020, 03:21 PM
Cult Master

New interview at Yahoo Sports

"Alice Cooper talks early-'80s 'blackout albums': 'The coke had done its damage'

Alice Cooper is one of the all-time most resilient rock stars, surviving not only a serious battle with addiction but myriad changes in the musical landscape. Even when the shock-rocker went new wave for a while, starting with the 1980 album Flush the Fashion (which was billed to “Alice Cooper 80”), he found success. The album spawned the Gary Numan-esque crossover hit “Clones (We’re All),” which cracked the Billboard Top 40 forty years ago this week and was even covered by the Smashing Pumpkins in 1996.

Cooper acknowledges that the album was a risk, and that not all of his rock-purist fans appreciated the sonic experiment, but he tells Yahoo Entertainment, “Sometimes you have to bring them along. You have to just say, ‘Look, we're going here this time.’” And he stands by the record, which he thinks stayed true to the classic Alice aesthetic — despite the shift not only in his sound but in his image, when he pretty much started dressing like an outer-space version of New Romantic swashbuckler Adam Ant.

“I didn't want to get the guitars out of it. I wanted it to be a guitar-rock album as always, but it was the first time that I got a heavy dose of synthesizer,” Cooper recalls of Flush the Fashion. “And it was because of Roy Thomas Baker, who produced the album — he produced Queen and the Cars and everybody like that. I said, ‘I would like to do something that sounds modern, but it doesn't lose Alice. You know, I want to keep Alice in there.’ And he says, ‘Well, Alice could be sci-fi. Can't he?’ And I went, ‘Absolutely. Let's go sci-fi on this.’

“So, a lot of the songs in there, especially ‘Clones,’ were very sci-fi, and I thought that was not a bad little offshoot for Alice. … I heard the album and I loved what [Baker] did with it. I liked the picture on the back with the short hair. It was very underground.”

At the time, Cooper was known for his excess and exploits, but he says Baker totally had him beat in the debauchery department. “If they ever make a movie about Nero or Caligula, Roy Thomas Baker at that period would have been the guy, because at that time he was the most decadent human being I ever met in my life,” Cooper chuckles. “I'd get calls like, ‘Alice, darling, I'll be a little late. I seem to be handcuffed to my bed. I picked up a couple of chippies last night and they stole my wallet. Is my Rolls Royce at your house? Because I can't find it.’ I was not the insane one in that! Roy Thomas Baker was by far the most insane character that I'd worked with.”

However, the most insane, Caligulan era in Cooper’s life came soon after Flush the Fashion, while making the similarly polarizing trilogy Special Forces (1981), Zipper Catches Skin (1982), and DaDa (1983), which he now calls his “blackout albums.”

“I was basically writing these trippy little songs that now I listen to, and I don't remember writing them. I don't remember producing them. I don't remember touring with them. I might have been involved in the cocaine blizzard that was going on in Los Angeles at the time,” the now-sober 72-year-old confesses.

“I really don't remember touring with them, honestly. And I look at pictures and I go, ‘Wow! What did I become?’ There were shots of me, on the Special Forces album especially, where the coke had done its damage. I was always able to go onstage and really entertain the audience — that was no problem — but I did one of those big talk shows, and I was terrifying-looking. It scared me!”

Cooper describes his emaciated appearance at the time as “soldier of fortune that's on meth and he's capable of killing anybody. That's what [the early-‘80s Alice character] looked like.”

Cooper got clean for good in the mid-‘80s, and now that he’s able to revisit his “blackout albums” with a clear mind, he is proud of those largely forgotten records as well. “Now I listen to them and I go, ‘Wow! That song is so good!’” he says. “I am almost tempted to go back into those albums and reproduce some of those songs, because some of the songs were so clever that I hate to see them just disappear.”"

Old 18th July 2020, 06:34 AM
Cult Master

ALICE COOPER Is Once Again Collaborating With Hitmaker DESMOND CHILD | Blabbermouth

"Grammy-winning and Emmy-nominated songwriter-producer Desmond Child, who is widely recognized as one of music's most accomplished hitmakers, has revealed that he is working on new music with legendary rocker Alice Cooper.

This past Wednesday (July 15), Desmond took to his social media to write:
"SCHOOL'S OUT FOR THE SUMMER! Alice Cooper and I are cooking up a ginormous, poisonous anthemic masterpiece for next year. So exciting to work with the rock genius & visionary Alice Cooper again. Remember our album TRASH? Listen to it from start to finish now. Sounds like we just recorded last week... it's eternal like Alice. Stay tuned for more updates!"
Child and Cooper previously collaborated on 1989's "Trash" album, including the smash hit "Poison", and the follow-up effort, 1991's "Hey Stoopid". The success of "Poison" helped make "Trash" Alice's biggest seller in more than a decade.

In a recent interview with Rock For Relief, Cooper said: "'Poison', probably next to 'School's Out', is the biggest song in [our live] set. That song might have been a bigger international hit than 'School's Out' even.

"When I first heard some of the songs [Desmond] was doing with BON JOVI and AEROSMITH and Joan Jett and everybody, I said, 'I like that, but I need it darker and sexier.' And that's when 'Poison' came out."

This past May, Alice released a new single, "Don't Give Up". Produced by Cooper's longtime collaborator Bob Ezrin using remote technology, the song is a spontaneous reaction to the challenges facing us all right now.

A strictly limited "Don't Give Up" seven-inch vinyl picture disc will be released on August 14 on earMUSIC.

Cooper recently completed work on his new album, "Detroit Stories". The LP, which was once again produced by Ezrin, features contributions by such Michigan talent as the MC5's Wayne Kramer, GRAND FUNK RAILROAD's Mark Farner and Johnny "Bee" Badanjek of MITCH RYDER & THE DETROIT WHEELS. They also used the Detroit Horns and Detroit background singers.

Last September, Cooper released a six-track EP called "Breadcrumbs", described as a tribute to the garage-rock heroes of his hometown of Detroit."

Old 27th July 2020, 12:54 PM
Cult Master

Pat Boone covers Alice in 1997

Old 30th July 2020, 06:01 AM
Cult Master

New interview at Cleveland .com

"Alice Cooper talks new album, quarantine hobbies and family time in Phoenix

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Rest assured that Alice Cooper is not spending his quarantine time near Phoenix cutting fruits and vegetables with his guillotine, experimenting with his make-up, feeding his Frankenstein or chopping up baby dolls just for recreation.

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame’s shock-rock pioneer is actually, as the song says, working up a sweat -- or at least working hard. He released a new song, “Don’t Give Up,” in May, with an accompanying video featuring crowd-sourced footage submitted by more than 15,000 fans. Cooper is also finishing work on his next album, tentatively titled “Detroit Stories,” with producer Bob Ezrin and a variety of Motor City music mates as guests.

He's made appearances in a few virtual fundraising events, and he's also up to a few things that may surprise you -- including a new brand of chocolate milk being sold to raise money for his Solid Rock youth non-profit.

Fortunately, Cooper found time to squeeze us in for a few minutes to talk about what he's been up to now that school's, er, out...

You would normally be on tour now -- and were supposed to be. Are you going stir crazy?

Cooper: Y'know what? I kind of really like this. I spend so much time on the road and in the studio, I like having to take four or five months off, as much as I was looking forward to (the tours). It's kind of nice to be home and see everybody every day. Our big deal is, "What are we eating tonight?"' My daughter (Sonora) is going to have a baby in July, so I get to be there for that. We'll be ready to play again when it's time, and I think a lot of people are going to want to go to a concert again. But I really appreciate what we've got going on here now, too."

What do you think it's going to be like when things resume?

Cooper: I think there'll be about 30 percent of people afraid to go to concerts, and the other 70 percent can't wait to go to concerts. But a lot of people will be afraid. Nobody's ever going to want to go to a concert again, with all the people there. It's a very weird time.

What do you miss most about not being on the road?

Cooper: Our tour was at its peak. It was just, like, sharp as a knife every night, and now you've got to get that back. You've got to go out and do a bunch of rehearsals and get that edge back, 'cause it was right at that point where every night was like, "Holy crap! That was really good tonight." You really know when the show was on it. Now we're gonna have to get all those little, tiny things back that make it really good."

So, what's life like in Cooper quarantine?

Cooper: Camp Cooper here is pretty cool. (laughs) My daughters are both here. We've got three studios going and stuff to do. So, every night, instead of playing Monopoly we're recording, which is very cool. (Sons-in-law) Jed and Diego are both engineers. Jed and Calico do voiceovers for cartoons and for commercials and all that. So, we're just going all the time, staying creative. And, oh, I started taking tap dance lessons.

Really?

Cooper: Oh yeah. (laughs) I said, "I just want to do something I haven't done. Let's do this!" Everybody in the house, on Wednesday night. We have a friend here who teaches tap dance and he's great. We have tap shoes. We do the whole thing outside. It's not that Geico commercial, "the clogging problem," it's for real. Calico and (wife) Sheryl and Sonora are all professional dancers, so they're flying. They're Ginger Rodgers out there, and all the guys are kind of walking through it, trying to get some semblance of it. It's pretty cool, though. We have a neighbor who lives right above us, and Wednesday night all they hear is (tapping) for an hour.

Any more surprises?

Cooper: I actually bought a lot of painting equipment and I’m going to start painting a little bit, ‘cause I was an art major at school. It’s something I used to do before I was in a band. I figured, “Eh, I’ll go back and do some painting.” If Bernie Taupin is doing it and Ronnie Wood is doing it and all these other guys are doing it, why not me?

No just sitting on the couch and goofing off, then, eh?

Cooper: There's a movie night every night here, too. Sonora is walking around the house with this great big stomach, and I go, "Have you ever seen 'What WE Do in the Dark?' or 'In the Shadows?'" She goes "no," so I go, "Oh, we're gonna watch this tonight, then." Jed had never seen any of the Pink Panther movies, so I said, "Oh, well, we're gonna have a festival there," and we have six, seven people in the living room watching these great, old movies.

The "Don't Give Up" video response was massive.

Cooper: I know. I thought we might get 1,500 people, something like that. But, y'know, these people are at home. They're not running around. I think people are searching for things to do. They're not running around doing stuff. I think they were like, "Yeah, I want to be in anything right now...," so we wound up benefiting from that.

You were already working on the song for "Detroit Stories," right?

Cooper: That was one of 'em, yeah. We always over-write for every album, and here was a song that was just sitting there, and we just went, "Y'know, if we just direct that song to Covid-19, it might be something." And I said, "Let's make it a positive, encouraging song rather than tap into the horror of it," which Alice normally would do. I wanted to make it something where it's like, "Hey, don't be so afraid. We'll get through it. Let's treat it as an enemy and attack it as an enemy, and let's be smart enough to know how to fight this thing." It has that everybody pull-together, kind of rah-rah thing to it. It didn't lose its edge. If it had turned out sappy we wouldn't have put it out. But I think that when you have a character like Alice, let him stretch a little bit, y'know?"

What's the latest on the album?

Cooper: It’s 99 percent done and just being polished. I’m really happy with this album. Right now (Ezrin) is just sitting at home listening to everything, going, “Hmm, I wonder if we should re-do that bass?” or “Let’s try that third verse again” or “Can we sing those three lines over again?” (laughs) I want him at some point to put a lock and key on and it say “It’s done!,' but I trust him to tell us when it is."

Old 27th August 2020, 09:01 AM
Cult Master

Record store day 2020

Release Date: 24 Oct 2020

Format: 2 x LP

Label: Rhino/Warner Records

Quantity: 7000

"Classic performance from Alice Cooper recorded live at The Apollo theatre Glasgow, Scotland, Feb 19, 1982 on his Special Forces Tour. This recording is largely unreleased: only three tracks-- "Who Do You Think We Are", "Under My Wheels" and "Model Citizen" were previously released as 12" B-sides in 1982, and have not been available since."

1. Who Do You Think We Are
2. Model Citizen
3. Go to Hell
4. Guilty
5. I'm Eighteen
6. Cold Ethyl
7. Only Women Bleed
8. No More Mr. Nice Guy
9. Clones (We're All)
10. Under My Wheels
11. I Never Cry
12. 7 and 7 Is
13. Grim Facts
14. Pain
15. Billion Dollar Babies
16. Generation Landslide
17. Who Do You Think We Are
18. Schools Out
SymbioticFunction likes this.

Old 28th August 2020, 06:43 AM
Cult Master

Well, here's a turn up for the books!

At time of writing, the vinyl version of the 'Don't Give Up' single is straight in at no. 1 in the UK singles chart!
nosferatu42 likes this.

Old 28th August 2020, 01:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Don't Give Up kinda sounds a bit like Pick Up The Bones (to me anyway). Still that's much better than sounding like a Fat Les song (We Gotta Rise).
Susan Foreman likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!