Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Alice Cooper Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/11713-alice-cooper-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 12th November 2020 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 639932)
The first single from the album, 'Rock And Roll', is released on Friday - yes, Friday 13th!

Apparently it's a cover of the Velvet Underground song

Justin101 12th November 2020 07:58 AM

Bluray of the concert film only comes with a box set collection :( which contains a t-shirt, some stickers, a face mask and a torch?!?

Susan Foreman 13th November 2020 06:49 AM

Vocals: Alice Cooper
Guitar: Steve Hunter / Joe Bonamassa / Garret Bielaniec
Bass: Paul Randolph
Organ: Bob Ezrin / James Shelton
Drums: Johnny "Bee" Badanjek
Backing Vocals: Wayne Kramer / Johnny Bee / Sheryl Cooper / Calico Cooper

Producer: Bob Ezrin
Composer, Lyricist: Lou Reed

Justin101 13th November 2020 10:22 AM

I liked it but I didn't love it, it doesn't sound Detroit enough, it's not dirty at all.

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th November 2020 12:45 PM

Alice's voice is good and Bonamassa plays a nice solo but the song is utterly forgettable. It's not catchy in the slightest.

Justin101 13th November 2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 640142)
Alice's voice is good and Bonamassa plays a nice solo but the song is utterly forgettable. It's not catchy in the slightest.

I'm not, and have never been, a Lou Reed fan so there is also that. Based on this song alone the pre-order has been put on hold, I'll wait to hear some of the non-cover songs on the album to see what we're getting before deciding.

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th November 2020 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 640144)
I'm not, and have never been, a Lou Reed fan so there is also that. Based on this song alone the pre-order has been put on hold, I'll wait to hear some of the non-cover songs on the album to see what we're getting before deciding.

I didn't even know it was a cover version. Certainly i saw Reed had written it but presumed it was just for this record. :lol:

Inspector Abberline 13th November 2020 01:44 PM

Velvety

1 Attachment(s)
We'll if I were being pedantic it was on velvet underground album Loaded (1970)...:tongue1:

Attachment 229416

Susan Foreman 13th November 2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 640147)
We'll if I were being pedantic it was on velvet underground album Loaded (1970)...:tongue1:

Attachment 229416

Ha!

You got a long way to go before you can call yourself 'pedantic', young sir

Us old hands at being pedantic know that not only do you need to mention that the original version was on the 1970 album entitled 'Loaded', but you also need to put a link so that the casual listener can hear what the original version sounded like!

SymbioticFunction 15th November 2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 640006)
Bluray of the concert film only comes with a box set collection :( which contains a t-shirt, some stickers, a face mask and a torch?!?

I want the blu-ray but I certainly don't want to pay about 50 notes for it. I thought it was bad having to previously pay around 25 quid for the Wacken cd/blu-ray set but that's got nothing on this. :(