Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Alice Cooper Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/11713-alice-cooper-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 23rd March 2021 07:21 AM

Alice talks about his appearance on 'The Muppet Show' at Ultimate Guitar

""It was the most fun thing I ever did. First of all, you spend a week in London, and you're working, again, with Hanson and all the originals.

"The amazing thing is this - when they offered it to me, it was the No. 1 show in the world, and I had just established myself as America's villain-ghoul kind of character.

"And it was, 'Oh, man, I want to do this show, but I don't want to water down Alice Cooper, the character... Who was on the show recently?' They said, 'Christopher Lee, Vincent Price...'

"I said, 'I'm in!' Because if those two guys can be on that show, I can be on that show - I don't measure up to them.

"So, doing the show after about three days of rehearsal, you are talking to the Muppets like they're people, and you don't even realize it.

"I'm telling Miss Piggy, 'Hey, it would be a great idea if you put your head on my shoulder during this thing.' 'Oh, good idea, let's do that.'

"You're literally talking to them, and they're responding, and you're buying into it, you totally buy into the world of the Muppets because when they're doing the rehearsals and all this.

"They keep it going through the whole thing, and I honestly had the most fun ever during that show.

"And on my birthday, every birthday I get a little porcelain Muppet, and that was from 1978, '77, I still get the porcelain Muppets."

"So well-written, it was so well-written. Very, very funny. Kids could love it, but adults, of course, I played the Faust character, trying to get Kermit to sell his soul, and it was hysterical.

"The writing was terrific on it, and we spent most of our time laughing, just trying to keep a straight face while we're doing this.

"So yeah, I'm a huge Muppet fan, and I was so glad to see it's back on. To me, I just went, 'Oh, this is great!'""

Susan Foreman 31st March 2021 07:43 AM

Alice is featured on the cover of the latest edition of 'VIVE LE ROCK' magazine [ #80: Detroit Rock City]...

...and also the April issue of 'POWERPLAY' magazine [#239]

Susan Foreman 31st March 2021 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
CoopStock 2021

"Peace. Love. Rock. It’s cool to have concerts again! Join Alice Cooper for CoopStock - Music on the Green on Saturday, April 24th at Las Sendas Golf Club from 6 to 11 p.m.! Alice will be joined by Lou Gramm, the original voice of Foreigner, Tommy Thayer of KISS, and ASIA Featuring John Payne for a groovy night under the stars featuring live entertainment, food trucks, auctions, and more, all to benefit the new Alice Cooper Rock Teen Center opening May 2021 in Mesa! Presented by Arrowhead BMW JAGUAR LAND ROVER. Get all the info and purchase tickets here

Justin101 31st March 2021 01:13 PM

That's my birthday if you all want to club together for the tickets and flight :)

Susan Foreman 2nd April 2021 06:40 PM

The DVD version of the 'Paranormal Evening With Alice Cooper' concert at the Paris Olympia which came with the 'Detroit Stories' CD

The Blu-Ray release that came with the expensive box set, however, had a different design on the disc

Susan Foreman 5th April 2021 06:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Date unknown

Alice referenced in a newspaper advert for 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' at the Alpha Cinema

Susan Foreman 11th April 2021 07:50 AM

Hurricane Nita plays the American National Anthem at the WWE NXT TakeOver: Stand & Deliver PPV on April 7, 2021

I wonder when we will see her and Alice getting inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame!

Susan Foreman 18th April 2021 08:58 AM

New book - 'Where's Alice Cooper' available from Amazon UK

"For more than 50 years, Alice Cooper has surprised fans with his rule-breaking, genre-defining, horror-filled theatrical performances. Now, Alice Cooper fans can bring a little of the band's vaudeville-infused magic home with them with Where Is Alice Cooper?, an official, fully-authorised seek-and-find book featuring the king of hard rock.

With 14 double-page puzzles inspired by Alice Cooper's iconic albums - including Welcome to My Nightmare, Billion Dollar Babies, and Hey Stoopid - Where Is Alice Cooper? pays proper homage to the classic style expected from the architect of shock-rock.

Say hello to Alice Cooper's nightmare with these vibrant, whimsical scenes that bring the band's celebrated horror aesthetic to life. Crafted by the same creative minds who brought you the critically acclaimed seek-and-find book Motorhead: Where is Lemmy? and the fan-favorite graphic novel RUSH: The Making of a Farewell to Kings, Where Is Alice Cooper? is the perfect addition to every Alice Cooper fan's collection."

Susan Foreman 20th April 2021 09:03 PM

Start 'em young, I say!

Lullaby versions of Alice songs

I'm eighteen

Welcome To My Nightmare

Poison

Susan Foreman 23rd April 2021 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 641273)
Corona permitting, Alice has been announced as the headliner of the 'Monsters Of Rock Cruise: Operation Monster Beach', due to to take place between May 26th and 31st 2021 in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.

Rescheduled date

Monsters Of Rock cruise