Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Alice Cooper Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/11713-alice-cooper-thread.html)

Justin101 20th June 2021 11:03 AM

I'd love to go to all 7 nights of that! Shame that Alice will be sharing his slot time with NIN, I imagine there is a lot of crossover in the fanbase. Trent recently posted on social media that Hellfest asked him to curate his own line-up for the support acts and so he did.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th June 2021 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 654558)
I'd love to go to all 7 nights of that! Shame that Alice will be sharing his slot time with NIN, I imagine there is a lot of crossover in the fanbase. Trent recently posted on social media that Hellfest asked him to curate his own line-up for the support acts and so he did.

In my opinion it's a superior festival to anything Download have ever come up with.

Susan Foreman 30th June 2021 10:22 AM

Alice provides the half-time show at the finals of a Basketball tournament between the Phoenix Suns and the LA Clippers on June 29th, 2021

Susan Foreman 2nd July 2021 01:46 PM

July 2nd, 1991 - 30 years ago today, the 'Hey Stoopid' album was released. Although the previous release, 'Trash', was the bigger seller, 'Hey Stoopid' is (in my opinion) the better album. Desmond Child's influence is still very much noticeable, but the record sadly overlooked because the preceding one was so huge

Justin101 2nd July 2021 02:55 PM

I'm sick of all these 30th anniversary releases calling me old haha....

Susan Foreman 2nd July 2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 655184)
I'm sick of all these 30th anniversary releases calling me old haha....

Consider yourself a youngster - I have seen a number of bands (who I have been aware of since they began) on their 50th anniversary tours!

Susan Foreman 6th July 2021 02:50 PM

Interesting video featuring guitarist Phil X talking about his work on the 'Brutal Planet' album

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th July 2021 03:40 PM

It kinda amuses me that Phil X who's background is in American punk (Obviously not real punk) and played on Alice Cooper's heaviest album by far as well as time with Rob Zombie is and has been the lead guitarist in Bon Jovi for the last six years. (8 if you include deputising for the departed Richie Sambora)

Susan Foreman 6th July 2021 08:29 PM

Um...

"No need to walk on a Bed of Nails in these exclusive to SOCKSHOP collectable box sets, ideal for any Alice Cooper fan. The officially licensed set of 4 cotton rich socks and 2 pair boxer shorts set feature artwork representing the heavy metal rocker's discography, from 'The Black Widow' icon and the 'School's Out' heart and dagger, to Alice's signature eye makeup, all presented in a luxury magnetic close box, featuring the cover art of AC's 1986 album, Constrictor."

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th July 2021 10:10 PM

Pity you can't get a couple of pairs of the School's Out socks on their own as i really like them. The others less so.

I used to like wearing novelty socks but sadly with my big toe nails they are a waste of money as they tend to be so thin as years of playing football and hiking have toughened up my toe nails and thin socks just look at them (Yes when they are cut and manicured) and collapse into holes.

I last had some Doctor Who socks which were gone after three wears.