Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Alice Cooper Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/11713-alice-cooper-thread.html)

SymbioticFunction 6th July 2021 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 655182)
July 2nd, 1991 - 30 years ago today, the 'Hey Stoopid' album was released. Although the previous release, 'Trash', was the bigger seller, 'Hey Stoopid' is (in my opinion) the better album. Desmond Child's influence is still very much noticeable, but the record sadly overlooked because the preceding one was so huge

Hey Stoopid is a MASSIVE improvement over Trash (ditto with the concerts). Amazing as the Poison track is, the rest of the Trash album is a bit of a glossy stinker imo. Until the bitterly disappointing Along Came A Spider arrived, Trash was actually my least favourite AC album. btw As regards Along Came A Spider at least Vengeance Is Mine is good (dreadful album, not sure what happened?).

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th July 2021 10:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 655456)
Hey Stoopid is a MASSIVE improvement over Trash (ditto with the concerts). Amazing as the Poison track is, the rest of the Trash album is a bit of a glossy stinker imo. Until the bitterly disappointing Along Came A Spider arrived, Trash was actually my least favourite AC album. btw As regards Along Came A Spider at least Vengeance Is Mine is good (dreadful album, not sure what happened?).

I got a bollocking at college for writing in bold letters on one of my work folders -

No one else could make you feel like I do, I do, I do
No one ever gets as deep inside you, as I do baby
Our love is a bed of nails
Love hurts good on a bed of nails
I'll lay you down and when all else fails
I'll drive you like a hammer on a bed of nails.

I was told to cover it with something else. So i did.

A large pic similar to the one below of the Nasty Habits.*

Teacher don't go away mad, teacher just go away!

*I mustn't have wanted to waste any pics of Lisa Dominique or Lita Ford.

Susan Foreman 18th July 2021 07:43 AM

Alice has been announced as the headline act at the 2022 'Rock The Ring' festival in Hinwil, Switzerland

He is due to appear on June 18, with support coming from Accept amongst others

More information [in the Swiss language] can be found here

Susan Foreman 28th July 2021 07:19 AM

A couple of new European festival dates for 2022 have been announced:

Alice seems to be appearing at the 'Atlas Rock' festival in Sweden on June 4th. So far he seems to be the only act announced for the festival, but more info can be found here. Note that this is a Swedish language site!

Alice is apparently also appearing at the 'Retro C Trop' festival at the Chateau de Tilloloy in Tilloloy, France on June 25th

More information can be found here, although this one is a French language site!

Inspector Abberline 1st August 2021 05:52 PM

THE MUPPET SHOW - "With Alice Cooper" (1978)

2 Attachment(s)
THE MUPPET SHOW - "With Alice Cooper" (1978)

I'm sure Suzi has already posted this before, but i came across these pics on another site....

Susan Foreman 19th August 2021 07:53 AM

I don't know what the situation is with the television channel REELZ, but on Sunday, August 22 at 9:00pm there is a new documentary called 'Breaking The Band' that features Alice

"Alice Cooper rose from total anonymity to become the highest grossing rock group in the world. They captured the imagination of a generation with their iconic hits such as ‘School’s out,’ as well as through their provocative and theatrical stage show, the likes of which had never been seen before. But the pressure was immense, and when the lead singer began to outshine the other band members, it wasn’t long before jealousy and greed took their toll on the band. Alcoholism and drug abuse spiralled, and ten years after they formed, but only three years after their first hit, the band was no more. The lead singer changed his name to Alice Cooper and became a cultural icon, whilst the other members of the group silently disappeared into the background. Breaking the Band: Alice Cooper reveals the story of this legendary band."

Susan Foreman 20th August 2021 01:23 PM

Alice is featured in the September / October issue of the UK mag 'Sorted' with a 6 page article that looks at golf and religion!

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd September 2021 10:27 AM

ALICE COOPER Named Grand Marshal For Arizona's Desert Financial Fiesta Bowl Parade

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/al...a-bowl-parade/

Susan Foreman 3rd September 2021 10:33 AM

^^

December 18 - Wonder if that will be a 'tie-in' with this years Christmas Pudding show

Susan Foreman 14th September 2021 10:56 AM

2022 dates with The Cult (celebrating 30 years since the release of the ‘Sonic Temple’ album )

MAY 2022
Swansea Arena – Mon 23rd
London The O2 – Wed 25th
Manchester AO Arena – Fri 27th
Glasgow The SSE Hydro – Sat 28th
Birmingham Resorts World Arena – Mon 30th

JUNE 2022
Leeds First Direct Arena – Wed 1st